PapaGeno21's Build Thread...

Alrighty guys, sorry I did not see reply's to this thread or I would have linked you to the fuel line mod.

Get yourself an EFI rated fuel hose, AutoZone carry's them on the shelf. 2 Feet of the 5/16th Prestone hose.

Then get the little EFI clamps, I got the ones rated from 13-15mm.

Now for a slight update:

I realized that I did not really like the High-Mount pipe that much, the sound is freaking FANTASTIC but when I put saddle bags on there for long trips (Going to just get the throw over the rear seat soft luggage kind), that it would burn them up. I am only going to rock the saddle bags ON the long trips, just to clarify. I don't want them on there all the time lol. Plus with my girl on the back if she ever is on it again I HATE the way the rear pegs look spaced out from the pipe. SO... I ordered the normal mid pipe from Dale and I installed that today. So now I have a normal Dale Walker lo mount pipe, looks 10X better than the High mount, and I have my pegs back.

I also took those little silver heel guards and painted them black with high temp caliper paint that I had laying around, so those look nice and invigorating. :)

Anyways, I am happy as a pig in poop salad. Oh, and I gave it a bath today as well.

Also, my CopperDawg speed screen shipped out mid last week, so I should have that on there very soon. When that comes in I will take pics of it all set up as nothing else is really going to change cosmetically.

Man, it looks so freaking epic right now.. I don't know why such a simple change of the exhaust made it look so much better to me lol.

Going to be ordering some Dunlop Sportmax Q2's in a week or so for it. When I put those on I will install the rear driven axle sliders my girl got me for Christmas.

2-28-11...

Installed the Speed Screen that came in today. Looks AMAZING.

Did the BlindSpot fuel line mod. Connected my cigeratte lighter output to the bike as it was just sitting there, so now its functional.

Lubed the chain... That about sums it up. I am in LOVE with it. Nothing else is going to change other than my rear axle block sliders, so otherwise this is how it is going to look and I am VERY pleased with the results!

DSCF6758.jpg

DSCF6756.jpg

DSCF6754.jpg

DSCF6760.jpg

Thanks guys! Yeah, I am not going to find another exhaust that I like as much as this one. The GYTR is carbon fiber covered, and I absolutely hate carbon fiber. So that pipe I did not like (visually), but it sounded great. Now the Holeshot pipe IMO is in a league of its own when it comes to sound.

Either way, I am just so happy. I remember when I had the 2002 FZ1 over the summer, before I got this and once I joined all the forums I was looking at pics of the Gen2's with the CD screen.. Always wished I could have that. Now I do and I love it! So crazy.

So today I decided to do some more small stuff. I have been riding again, not a ton and no long trips but at least I am getting it out. I have done about 100 miles since I put it away a few months ago.

I changed the oil as I just hit 2200 miles. This is the third change I have done (Did them at 360, 800, and now at 2200). I am going to do another one around 3-3200K and switch to synthetic. As per everyone's recommendations I have swapped over to the Walmart SuperTech filters as well. I actually bought a bunch of them last time I was at Wally World lol. They are a little longer than the OEM Yamaha ones, that is correct right?

I also tilted down my handle bars just a tad to clear the CD windscreen. Then I removed the front reflectors that were on the calipers.

Cleaned the crap out of the chain using Kerosene and then lubed it again so that is nice nice.

And then I did a redonkulous detailing of the bike itself. Cleaned everything and then used my spray on wax (you spray it on, rub it in and it makes a sweeeet finish) on the tank and plastics.

Ordering me a set of Dunlop Q2's this week. When those come in, I will put them on, install the lowering link and drop the forks, and put on my new 520 Conversion chain setup with my Driven rear axle block sliders.

Man, this thing is looking good and I CANT WAIT TO DAILY DRIVE IT AGAIN!

DSCF6761.jpg

DSCF6764.jpg

DSCF6766.jpg

One of my dogs had to get in on it too!

DSCF6772.jpg

This is a great thread and I have never in my life seen someone put so much time, money & love into a bike. Kudos to you!

How many miles have you put on the bike so far anyway?

I just hope that you ride the hell out of it and don't come around the turn of the year and sell it. That bike is looking great and deserves to be ridden.

I have seen way too many guys mod the living hell out of their bikes, put like just 5k miles in 3 years and sell them for cheap.

Last Monday I modified the inner plastic cowl for a cigeratte lighter output. I put the panel back in as I took it out for a ride on Monday, but I did not hook it up yet. When I hook it up to run the wire I have to lift the tank, and when I do that I am going to do BlindSpots fuel line mod.

Here are some pics of the Justice I have layed down:

DSCF6748.jpg

DSCF6749.jpg

DSCF6747.jpg

This weekend I went the other way round. I moved my powerlet and heated grip hi/lo switch from the left inner cowl and zip tied them to the ignition. It was increasingly becoming a pain having to disconnect them every time I go under the tank and making the cowl fit properly while putting back. Clean cowls now. Infact even painted them black and clear coated.

Well lets put it this way. I bought the Gen1 June 17th. From then to August 30th I put 4K on it. I got this 2010 on August 30th. Until about the beginning of December I had put 2100 miles on it, and that's when I parked it for the winter. I have now finally started getting it out as the roads are becoming cleaner and the snow is now all melted away. So I have done 100 more miles. I am at around 2200 right now, I think like 2207 or something like that.

My guess is by the end of this season, I should have over 14K on it. I have a few big trips planned, one being Deals Gap. The other thing is, If the weather is not pouring all day I daily drive the bike.

With gas shooting through the roof, and my Jeep getting an average of 12-14, there is no sense in driving the truck when I have a bike that gets 38.

:) Thanks guys for the compliments!

This bike is going nowhere! It took me 4 bikes to find the right one for me, but now that I have it I am not letting it go.

This bike is going nowhere! It took me 4 bikes to find the right one for me, but now that I have it I am not letting it go.

You know, I'm always keeping an eye open... looking. It's natural for a rider to always long for the next hot ride, right? But, thus far, and after trying out a lot of other bikes or reading about people who've regretted selling/trading their FZ1, well, there just isn't anything out there that is a better bike to own! She is here for the long run!

This is even more true when you put as much into the bike as you did... and I have. I have spent almost 25% of the original cost of my bike in mods and haven't even gotten to the suspension yet. ;)

I hear ya man! Over the summer I will tackle suspension, then over the winter I will be going full balls out on the performance. But now I have the bike just where I want it. Its comfortable, its setup so I can just mount my cell on the bars and charge it at the same time, and my grips are heated. The other cosmetic stuff I just had to have, and now that it's done I am happy.

This thread will be a bit boring over the next few months as nothing else is getting done other than the tires and the chain/sprockets swap.

Got my Q2's in the mail today. Here you can see them, most likely going to be mounted around the beginning of April. When I do that I am installing the lowering link, dropping the forks, and popping on my new chain/sprocket set along with axle block sliders.

I am around 2260 miles now, just took it out for a 50 mile ride. Tomorrow is going to be an epic day, 55 and sun so will be doing a LOT of riding!

DSCF6783.jpg

Oh and I also got in my new bling oil cap. I got this from eBay. It's really nice, even comes with the O-ring. I went with black :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290534585379

oil.jpg

Last edited:
Back