Pyro's Twisted Texas Hill Country Tour '13

Ozarks are cool. I drove from OKC to STL this weekend, beautiful country. I want to do an Arkansas trip this Spring.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

Ok - here is the map for this EPIC ride!

Friday starting from Houston, to Lockhart for the best BBQ in Texas, on to Willow City Loop and back to Canyon Lake (Dinner at Startzville Cafe).

Breakfast in Boerne on Saturday a.m. then to the Leakey and a trip around the sisters. Lodge in Camp Wood Saturday night.

Start Sunday with early runs on the Sisters, and then up to Fredericksburg and back to Canyon for Dinner at Texas 46 Bar and Grill.

Monday back to Houston via the 149 loop.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msi...&ll=29.75484,-97.811279&spn=3.580987,5.009766

The "road map" looks great. I just did the Sisters (for the first time) the first weekend of Nov with the Group from A&M. I did it on my Harley but I have an FZ1 now so maybe I can "keep up" better.

I'll stay in touch on this thread to see how it all pans out. Sounds like a great trip and will try and make it from here in Sugar Land.

BTW - Wife and I did the Arkansas bit earlier this year (but via the Airstream and not the bikes). Give the Hog Trail some thought....

D

I'll figure out something. Will be headed over to Leakey et al in March with the A&M bunch (again) but it's impossible to have too much "Spring Riding".

Thanks, Dwight

Yup! Life's too short to pass up good eatin'! Can't wait for breakfast in Boerne!

That is some good food there!

Ya know, I was in Camp Wood a few weeks ago and we (a few other riders) stopped at 2 Fat Boys BBQ and guess what?.........................well, they were OUT of that famous buttermilk pie!!!!! [but apparently, just for that day]

mmmmm buttermilk pie! :sinister:

That is some good food there!

Ya know, I was in Camp Wood a few weeks ago and we (a few other riders) stopped at 2 Fat Boys BBQ and guess what?.........................well, they were OUT of that famous buttermilk pie!!!!! [but apparently, just for that day]

mmmmm buttermilk pie! :sinister:

I'm calling ahead for added pie stock for when we get there!

-

By the way - I have the entire Hill Country Motel reserved - that's about 16 spots. That would be SOME GROUP to be rattlin' the hills Sunday morning eh? (and eating pie the night before!)

:sport12:

BTW - I am wearing full leathers this time. I don't care if I look like a dork. I want my money's worth out of them!

5390d1298299138-spartan-leathers-dsc02650.jpg

Time for Rider Sign-in (cover all the room accommodations)

UPDATED INFO AT THE TOP OF THE THREAD!

Choppastyle?
Missy517?
ferrarifan?
Recon Viper?
TheWolfTamer?
WABBMW?
FZ1wb?
Pepe LePew?
Lastminutepanic?
Trav7414?
Hellgate?
jpgrfan?
fz1azul?
TXFezzer?

Time for Rider Sign-in (cover all the room accommodations)

UPDATED INFO AT THE TOP OF THE THREAD!

Choppastyle?
Missy517?
ferrarifan?
Recon Viper?
TheWolfTamer?
WABBMW?
FZ1wb?
Pepe LePew?
Lastminutepanic?
Trav7414?
Hellgate?
jpgrfan?
fz1azul?
TXFezzer?

Fixed it for you :)
I will be there NO matter what. My back hurts like crap but I will ride Recon Viper speed this year.

I think RV was faster than me last time.

LOL
Probably faster than me also. :) Are you bringing your leathers? I brought mine last year but it was so warm that I left them bundled up in my bag. IDK?!?!?!
Are you still thinking about taking your DRZ down to Canyon Lake? If you take yours I will take mine (as long as I can get my truck running). That has turned into an ordeal. :deal: I have a plan to see if I can get it in good shape again. :waiting:
Have we heard anything from Recon Viper? He seems to have disappeared from both boards. :dontknow::confused: :dontknow:

LOL
Probably faster than me also. :) Are you bringing your leathers? I brought mine last year but it was so warm that I left them bundled up in my bag. IDK?!?!?!
Are you still thinking about taking your DRZ down to Canyon Lake? If you take yours I will take mine (as long as I can get my truck running). That has turned into an ordeal. :deal: I have a plan to see if I can get it in good shape again. :waiting:
Have we heard anything from Recon Viper? He seems to have disappeared from both boards. :dontknow::confused: :dontknow:

I plan to wear my leathers. Unless it gets outrageously hot.

I have not seen RV since he thought I stomped on his constitutional right to free speech. I hope he does come though. I think he is a nice guy.

I plan to wear my leathers. Unless it gets outrageously hot.

OK - I will bring my leathers also. I kind of have the same feelings. LOL My back hurts bad so I won't be driving HARD but I do want to get my money's worth out of my purchase.

I have not seen RV since he thought I stomped on his constitutional right to free speech. I hope he does come though. I think he is a nice guy.

LOL
That is RV.
LOL
You know after he and I butted heads several times on the forums - once I met him in person - I really liked him. I think it was a case of his personality NOT transfering very well to the forums. When we were hanging out in Camp Wood talking about motorcycles and life - I really enjoyed hanging out with him. I hope he comes this year..............We will REINSTATE his free speech :jk:

Last edited:
Back