Pyro's Twisted Texas Hill Country Tour '13

Day 1 - Friday April 12th

Our first stop was Black's BBQ in Lockhart, Texas. Jeff and I both think we may like Kruetz a little better. Still some fantastic TX BBQ.

Of course the minute we arrive at the lake house deer come from all over to greet us.

Last edited:
Day 1 Cont. - Friday April 12th

Of course we have to include a shot of our bikes shortly after arriving at the lake house Friday night.

Jeff feeding deer.

A view from the balcony at the lake house.

We made a quick run up to the Canyon lake Dam for a few photos.

A cop stopped to remind me that this is a no parking area. Though a sign was posted we were there with our bikes. We were not leaving them un attended. He was a tad rude but I forgive him. ;)

Jeff doing his STIG impersonation!

Brad (Hail), Jeff (Pyrogenic) and Phil (LiteItUp) heading out for dinner Friday night.

Last edited:
Day 2 - Saturday April 13th

Parked outside Bear Moon Bakery in Boerne, Texas.

Phil (LiteItUp) '05 GenI

Carl's (ThePopularJock) GenI

My super sexy '06 VFR

The gang inside Bear Moon Baker. L => R: Jeff, Phil, Bill (from Two Wheel Texans), Carl and myself.

Bill's Bergman - I was very impressed with this. He hit everything curvy road we did and just about as fast.

Mark's (Darth5oh) pristine '06 Gen II

FZ1Azul's GenI

Our first stop after eating breakfast. Neil (YouzGuyz from Two Wheel Texans) was the guy on the thumper. I was sweeping and he stopped. He knows the area and knew the group went the wrong way. When I stop he said "They will be back." Sure enough they were back within 10 minutes.

Another view of that stop.

Bio and water break at the General Store in Tarpley, Texas.

Last edited:
Day 2 Cont. - Saturday April 13th

I forget the name of this burger joint in Leaky, Texas. It was pretty damn good.

Doug and Carl

Mark & Bill

The Jeffe

Shots out on Texas 336 (one Leg of the Twisted Sisters). :Lots of Gravel on 336 this year and everyone voted to not do it again this go around.

Last edited:
Day 2 Cont. - Saturday April 13th

A few more shots on Texas 336

This was our little buddy at the hotel. He was beat to hell but a sweet cat. Typical male though, even as beat up as he was he still had everything he need to make sweet love up in a tree with another kitty.

Mark admiring his beer at our motel in Campwood, Texas.

Carl trying to open his beer with his mind.

Phil getting pissed at me.

We will.....

Our bikes at our Campwood motel.

Just a few shots playing with my new camera.

...back to the bikes.

Someone really needs to caption this one!

...back to the bikes.

Last edited:
Day 2 Finished - Saturday April 13th

Jeff hanging out with the guys...

Mark hanging out with the guys at the motel.

Phil hanging out with the guys at the motel...

Kitty after his beer....

Dinner Saturday night at Two Fat Boys BBQ.

The ribs were awesome. Some of the best I ever had.

3 types of sausage and Boudin

A tastey filler...

Some say this piece of pie is the best in the known galaxy....

Last edited:
Lots of deer and VFRs in those eh?

As always I had a blast. Met some great new class act folks. You meet the nicest people on motorcycles! They don't have to be on a Honda!

That feeling after a multi-day ride when you first get behind the wheel of your 5500 lbs SUV cage and realize 10x the weight and only 2x the HP, terrible handling, no road feel, and boring controls really aren't what they're cracked up to be...

Back