Pyro's Twisted Texas Hill Country Tour '13

Hill-Country Weather ALERT:

Hey guys (gals?) For those planning to ride Pyro’s 2013 Tour who may suffer from allergies – bring your meds! The oak pollen this year is horrible. I normally don’t have any allergy issues, but it’s even hitting me a bit this year! (A little weak feeling with red/itchy eyes…)

I was working on my bike this past weekend – and had it parked half-in the garage and half out – and within about 30-min the back (out) side had a light “dusting” of the green oak pollen on it… yuck!

Mark

Cheesy/low-res phone pics...

041313114745.jpg

041313163004.jpg

041413112342.jpg

Another great ride on Pyros' Twisted Texas tour of the HC!
Darth5oh & I split off from the group in Fredricksburg and took it easy going back via Old San Antonio Road/SR-473 to S.A. (nice meeting you, Mark).

Somebody on a silver Gen 1 wearing a yellow Aerostich passed us on SR-473 near Kendalia. If you are reading this, say hi & join the tour next spring!

I got home late afternoon, tired, sore & a grin on my face.

The ribs & sausages at Two Fat Boys BBQ were excellent, along with the best-ever buttermilk pie.

Thanks again, Jeff, for setting up this ride. Next year, we'll add in some routes & stops that we talked about.

Great photos, Brad & Mark! Can't wait to see the photos & GoPro video from SR-337. I'll try to post up some pics tomorrow.

You too Doug! After sampling a few pieces of the world’s best chocolate (shots) it was certainly nice taking it easy on Old #9 after the long day. (I hope Jeff/Carl/Brad had a nice Willow-City loop, and Phil made it back safely to Waco.)

The guy on the blurry-bike passed me so fast it caught me by surprise. Maybe it was CrazyJoe??

I’m not easily impressed, but the personal banquet we had at Two Fat Boys was incredible. The jolly-looking owner, Chug - looked like a cross between a lumberjack and Santa Claus. After serving-up his famous bbq, boudin, beans, baked-potato, and I think some pie :) - he kindly asked us if we all wanted to finish-up the feast with a tequila-shot… It was smooth and on-the-house! We raised our shot-glasses and toasted Chug and the awesome Saturday ride! What a way to end the day.

For me the highlight was Sunday morning. Aside from slight moisture in the air, almost getting creamed by a deer, and wondering what clothing-item might fall off the back of Carl’s bike – the run out and back on 335 was spectacular! (Seriously – there can’t be too many other activities that fun… :) ) As the gray overcast and slight mist gave way to white clouds and blue sky – the run to Hunt on 39 was equally exhilarating – more open than the sisters with higher-speed turns and some great scenery!

A huge thanks to Jeff for organizing the entire trip - including the all the food stops and hotel arrangements. And also to Brad, for both the camera work and volunteering to sweep the back to make sure us noob group-riders made it to the next stop. (Maybe I was the only noob.) Either way - nice to meet everyone and thanks! If possible – I’ll be back next year!

Last edited:
You too Doug! After sampling a few pieces of the world’s best chocolate (shots) it was certainly nice taking it easy on Old #9 after the long day. (I hope Jeff/Carl/Brad had a nice Willow-City loop, and Phil made it back safely to Waco.)

The guy on the blurry-bike passed me so fast it caught me by surprise. Maybe it was CrazyJoe??

I’m not easily impressed, but the personal banquet we had at Two Fat Boys was incredible. The jolly-looking owner, Chug - looked like a cross between a lumberjack and Santa Claus. After serving-up his famous bbq, boudin, beans, baked-potato, and I think some pie :) - he kindly asked us if we all wanted to finish-up the feast with a tequila-shot… It was smooth and on-the-house! We raised our shot-glasses and toasted Chug and the awesome Saturday ride! What a way to end the day.

For me the highlight was Sunday morning. Aside from slight moisture in the air, almost getting creamed by a deer, and wondering what clothing-item might fall off the back of Carl’s bike – the run out and back on 335 was spectacular! (Seriously – there can’t be too many other activities that fun… :) ) As the gray overcast and slight mist gave way to white clouds and blue sky – the run to Hunt on 39 was equally exhilarating – more open than the sisters with higher-speed turns and some great scenery!

A huge thanks to Jeff for organizing the entire trip - including the all the food stops and hotel arrangements. And also to Brad, for both the camera work and volunteering to sweep the back to make us noob group-riders made it to the next stop. (Maybe I was the only noob.) Either way - nice to meet everyone and thanks! If possible – I’ll be back next year!

Ditto to all the above. Thanks for allowing me to attend. Great people, great rides, great food.
Remember our motto, "ride to eat, eat to ride"... or vice versa.

Last edited:
I got in about 2 hours ago.
I think everyone had a great time. Great roads, good company and FANTASTIC FOOD!!! :unworthy: My gosh - I am still full!!!!
I don't have too many pics but I will upload what I have. :tup:

What a great weekend! Over too soon! I enjoyed riding with you guys (and Youzguyz - who joined us briefly and helped with navigation!)

New friends, old friends, great food, the world's best PIE, no accidents (except one poor squirrel), almost no traffic... Just an awesome vacation!

Back