Pyro's Twisted Texas Tour '11

Finally made it home!!!! :D
This trip was a blast!!! Great guys and great rodes. Of course we had great motorcycles as well ;)
I had never ridden sport bikes with a group of guys before and it was a little awkward for me in the beginning. I remember that there were huge distances between us when we were riding and we were kind of out of sync with each other on the first day. That changed pretty quickly. We figured out how each person rode and we fell into a tight little grouping. It was really pretty cool to see 3 motorcycles moving in unison. All 3 of our bikes have modified exhausts and the sound was awesome bouncing off the walls of those canyons. IDK - just something that I noticed.
Anyway - I had a lot of fun. Hope more of you can join us next year.

You did great and it was a pleasure getting to know you.

We probably should have gone over proper staggered formation riding before we left but not much of an issue with only three people. THIS PDF is a great introduction to safe group riding. Just keep in mind that hand signals may vary group to group. If we have more next year we will take the time to have a riders meeting before we get started.

I had an amazing time. 4 days for this trip was perfect and allowed us to do the Twisted Sisters twice while not being rushed at all. Pyro had a great hotel setup for us Saturday night in Camp Wood and was the perfect launch point Sunday morning riding. We were the only ones on these roads for a few hours in the morning. It was glorious. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks man! It was great to meet you guys also. I would honestly encourage other groups to get together and ride in your areas. If you have half as much fun as we did - you will have a blast.
That morning of riding by ourselves was great!! I couldn't believe how crowded it became. The roads were literally packed with motorcycles!!! LOL We joked that the morning was the perfect time because the Harley riders were still sleeping off the hang over from the previous day. There were a lot of Hogs on the road but the bars were packed with Harley riders!!! :D

Nice pics and thanks for sharing! Looks like a great time had by all, but more importantly, a safe trip for everyone. :tup: I'm hoping Michele and I can get a few friends up north this year as well as another Vermont tour. :D

Nice pics and thanks for sharing! Looks like a great time had by all, but more importantly, a safe trip for everyone. :tup: I'm hoping Michele and I can get a few friends up north this year as well as another Vermont tour. :D

I have access to our ski club house in VT around Jamiaca and Jackson Mt Snow area 20.00 a night 2 showers two kitchens three cans. sixteen bunk beds.

Great weekend - and the riding in the morning Sunday was unbelievable! Seriously - like we had reserved the road in advance, free and clear. I have videos now with no traffic at all in front and almost no oncoming.

At one point we stopped to do action shots, and sitting there waiting, with no other traffic for the FZ to come around the bend was amazing. Total silence, and the rumble of 998 cc's on their way was incredible! If you don't know what your bike sounds like, you need to hear it in that setting!

Even river road at Canyon Lake was an awesome new ride with no traffic!

Can't wait till next year!

Great weekend - and the riding in the morning Sunday was unbelievable! Seriously - like we had reserved the road in advance, free and clear. I have videos now with no traffic at all in front and almost no oncoming.

At one point we stopped to do action shots, and sitting there waiting, with no other traffic for the FZ to come around the bend was amazing. Total silence, and the rumble of 998 cc's on their way was incredible! If you don't know what your bike sounds like, you need to hear it in that setting!

Even river road at Canyon Lake was an awesome new ride with no traffic!

Can't wait till next year!

Too cool. I rode the Sisters last Fall on a weekday and had a similar experiance. I saw a handfull of cars and few bikes.

I gald you guys had a great weekend!

Last edited:
Join us next year??

I'm going to try to do so. I just couldn't get away last weekend.

I usually do a trip to Leakey in the Fall. I hosted the first three FZ6 Forum trips there. The first year we had about 12 people turn out. Last year there were only two of us. And neither of us were on an FZ6!

I'm going to try to do so. I just couldn't get away last weekend.

I usually do a trip to Leakey in the Fall. I hosted the first three FZ6 Forum trips there. The first year we had about 12 people turn out. Last year there were only two of us. And neither of us were on an FZ6!

Well if you do it this fall I will come along....

Just a quick P.S.

I would like to thank Pyrogenic for organizing this and generously offering his family lake house for not one, but two nights of his trip. The lake house is a beautiful setting with enough trees around to make it feel very secluded.

They feed deer regularly so as soon as we would pull up in the drive deer would star to appear like magic. Jeff was even feeding one by hand. We had up to 18 there at one point Friday night.

6013d1303430406-pyros-twisted-texas-tour-11-deer.jpg

Absolutely - Thanks again Jeff.
That was really nice of you to open your home to us. I really appreciate all the effort that you put into the weekend. That was the most fun that I have had in a long time. Thanks again. :cheers:

Video

My video came out very shaky on this trip. Here is how I had the GoPro mounted....

6027d1303566648-pyros-twisted-texas-tour-11-dsc02804.jpg

6028d1303566648-pyros-twisted-texas-tour-11-dsc02805.jpg

6029d1303566648-pyros-twisted-texas-tour-11-dsc02806.jpg

The suction cup mount just allows for to much movement. I am going to have to place a clip up front somewhere so that it is not on such a long boom and is more solidly mounted. I like the general area where I mounted it because I could reach over and start/stop the video. They really need a status light on the back.'

Shaky video coming soon. Uploading first one of River Road in New Braunsfels, Tx now.

Last edited:
River Road Cruise

Here is a short video of River Road. It is a beautiful road and I do not think the video does it justice. There are lots of camp grounds, drunks and police in the area so you never do more than cruise here. This video was on Monday morning before we headed back to Houston.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxUEp3j-33Y"]YouTube - River Road[/ame]

Last edited:
i love that ride, but yeah theres too many distractions to really ride it. its good for two up riding. did ya'll make it all the way to the dam? i regret not making the ride but San Antonio had fiesta going on and for some reason people like to hurt themselves and each other during this time! i worked a 24 and woke up way too late to meet up w you guys. i hope to meet up w ya'll in fall.

More Video

Here is a short video of us on Texas 335 and 336. This was early on Sunday morning. Hopefully Pyro has some video of 337 which is by far my favorite of the sisters......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7hjWRELhzM]YouTube - Texas Hill Country Tour[/ame]

May take a few more minutes to process......

Back