Scottyd's mod thread

Boy! After reading this thread I may have to let Ivan throw the YZF on the Dyno when I bring it for inspection just to see what she's putting out! Thanks for a great thread Scotty!

Yeah we'd love to see what the YZF is producing Billy!
Thanks mate, My pleasure :D
Same as you, I'm hanging out to see the dyno charts!

Results are in!!!!!

Ok I have them....

First one is the Air/Fuel ratio: Like I said before, too much fuel in the bottom of the rev range

380298_3746920512734_1267940419_3687623_164199258_n.jpg

Next is Time it takes to make max HP:

541251_3746920192726_1267940419_3687622_829327833_n.jpg

And finally the power and torque graphs.

545646_3746919672713_1267940419_3687620_221657895_n.jpg

But note that the before lines are pre PC5 tuned with all the mods fitted from yesterday.
I am still waiting for the charts from last week with no mods fitted.

Attachments

• RGX_FZ1_FUEL.jpg
    RGX_FZ1_FUEL.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 58
  • RGX_FZ1_TIME.jpg
    RGX_FZ1_TIME.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 54
  • RGX_FZ1_RPM.jpg
    RGX_FZ1_RPM.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Was it like that stock?

Yep, it was an absolute pig for me to get it off the line as a stock bike! I didn't think the tune would fix that, I just thought I was shit at getting the bike going...

When I rode it yesterday morning from here to the shop I could notice it had more power and it had a flat spot at 3000rpm, so I rode it slowly to get there as it needed the tune for all the mods it was now running.

Glad Im not the only one with this problem.Also thought it was my riding skills or lack of!

Yep, I don't like telling people what they should do, but the guys on here that say "Get a Power Commander" are dead right!!!!! It's so worth it and I only have a slip-on, K&N airfilter and blocked the AIS, thats it. Well worth the results.

Mine seems smooth. Needs a few revs but nothing unusual. Is it rough or what?

Naa, it wasn't rough but it was easy to stall off the line if I let the clutch out quickly without a ridiculous amount of revs... it's much easier now...
Without dropping the clutch, which would cause damage, I've lost count of the amount of times I've stalled it trying to get going quickly.

So Scotty, I've got a feeling that you are not done yet with the tune and dyno.....:D

What are you planning to do next?? When you will get a chance will you post what is the consumption of the bike after the tune???

So Scotty, I've got a feeling that you are not done yet with the tune and dyno.....:D
Ahhhh... Na I think that will do it for now :)

What are you planning to do next??
maybe next year I'll get arrow headers and the velocity stacks... but that will do me for now - well my wife will kill me if I keep on buying stuff... :)

When you will get a chance will you post what is the consumption of the bike after the tune???
Yep I'm hoping to get out on the bike late this week at least once if not twice and I'll have consumption data straight after it...

Ahhhh... Na I think that will do it for now :)

maybe next year I'll get arrow headers and the velocity stacks... but that will do me for now - well my wife will kill me if I keep on buying stuff... :)

Yep I'm hoping to get out on the bike late this week at least once if not twice and I'll have consumption data straight after it...

Then take it easy, and enjoy your riding.....

Very well I'm looking forward to know what is your consumption after the tune...

As far as I remeber mine was :

Before the tune: 6 ltr/km with peaks of 9 ltr/km

and After all the mod's : 6.5 ltr/km with peaks of 10.5 ltr/km

When I say peak's I mean if you are changing the gears alot and keeping the revs on the machine constantly around 7.000 rpm....This was done to see what would be the max consumption of the bike...

Then take it easy, and enjoy your riding.....

Very well I'm looking forward to know what is your consumption after the tune...

As far as I remeber mine was :

Before the tune: 6 ltr/km with peaks of 9 ltr/km

and After all the mod's : 6.5 ltr/km with peaks of 10.5 ltr/km

When I say peak's I mean if you are changing the gears alot and keeping the revs on the machine constantly around 7.000 rpm....This was done to see what would be the max consumption of the bike...

Thats interesting that your consumption went up, although expected if you are using higher revs :)
If I can ride the same then I should see better consumption, as the rev range I use for cruising has had some fuel taken out - just look at the fuel chart above and see between 3000 and 6800.

And yep I'm gonna enjoy this bike now! :D

Great results Scotty!

It would be interesting if you could overlap your dyno run and Ballmead's so we can see what a difference the Arrow headers make ;)

Back