Scottyd's mod thread

Thats interesting that your consumption went up, although expected if you are using higher revs :)
If I can ride the same then I should see better consumption, as the rev range I use for cruising has had some fuel taken out - just look at the fuel chart above and see between 3000 and 6800.

And yep I'm gonna enjoy this bike now! :D

The consumption depends also of how oftenly you are changing gears and how hard you are opening the throttle also, so maybe I could get a min. consumption @ about 6ltr/km If would be more gentle:embarrased:....enough to say that my father has a Kawasaki ZRX1200R Eddy Lawson Replica with a full Titanium Yoshi exhaust and the Jet kit from Ivan with 145HP @ the wheel and that his average consumption is 5.5 ltr/km, but his bike is also approx 30 kg heavier than mine, and one of our friend has the newest Honda CBR1000RR with average consumption of 5.5 to 6 ltr/km for a bike of 180 hp this is pretty little don't you agree?? If you compare them to the FZ1?

From the test's I've red so far the FZ1 has the highest consumption, so for me 6.5 ltr/km is pretty good since in theese tests they sad that the average consumption is around 8-10 ltr/km.

Yeah too true Cro. The FZ is a thirsty beast. Ballmead and Bluey were saying that in there experiences the 5valve/cyl motor is rather thirsty!
The fact that my bike had the fuel curve changed to make 3000 to 6800 rpm a lot leaner just proves it in one way.

I've got the power graph with the original dyno run when the bike was stock standard (no mods at all - standard 'boat anchor' muffler still fitted), which are the blue/black lines. The red ones are after the mods and tune.

watermark.php

Nice modfest! Now how about changing the engine to black mod???? :D

Thanks CB. :tup:
Na then the akra would look out of place.... anyway according to the dealer, the silver engine is why they sold it on the cheap to me, as they said everyone else that looked at it wanted a black motor. It's kinda grown on me too.

Great work Scotty! :D That is quite impressive with only the mods you have (thus far!). :yes:

BTW, I just replaced by banded clamps for the remote reservoir with new ones that I put heat shrink tubing on. Very nice!!! I'll try and get a couple pics in the daylight tomorrow. ;)

Great work Scotty! :D That is quite impressive with only the mods you have (thus far!). :yes:

BTW, I just replaced by banded clamps for the remote reservoir with new ones that I put heat shrink tubing on. Very nice!!! I'll try and get a couple pics in the daylight tomorrow. ;)

Thanks Eric :D
Heat shrink tubing huh? Nice! :tup:

Yeah mods "thus far" is too true... I've been thinking of getting some arrow headers for it, but that wont be any earlier than july (June 30 is Aust's End of Financial year) when I get my tax done... BUT, I want to buy a Volkswagon Golf to replace the old nissan pulsar I drive to work in, so that may get priority over headers for the bike... I'll have to see how far I can stretch the dollars...

Back