Scottyd's mod thread

My next job is to try building an Exup eliminator and get rid of that exup servo.

I got a good price on a Graves EXUP eliminator and mounted my PC V in the space left behind by the servo motor.

attachment.php

Zip ties look cool! I'm thinking od heat shrink tubing now. ;)

Yea, I like the zip ties too. I did the electrical tape trick on mine, but not sure it will really hold up well as the tape was not really wide enough to wrap around the inside of the clamp. Think I will give the shrink tubing a try. I have a few different sizes and a nice heat gun ;)

Hope it all goes well guys. I got up to come out but just as luck would have it, I'm as sick as a dog on my first Saturday off in ages! Bugger!

Look forward to the results. We'll catch up soon!

I'm back from the bike shop and WOW!!!!!
It is so much smoother off the line now!!! It's making 144hp, up from 137 std. It feels a lot more powerful, but smoother and A LOT easier to take off from the line too! I saw the before and after fuel curves and it was way too rich down low! No wonder it was a pig to get off the line quickly!
I'm just waiting for the email from the bike shop with the graph printout. I'll post it as soon as I get it.
Andy (Bluey) and John (ballmead) turned up and ballmead even put his bike on the dyno. THanks for tuning up today guys! It was a pleasure to meet you both! :D Can't wait for our next ride!
Thanks to Andy for taking some pics too! Some dumb ass forgot to bring his camera this morning when I left! (me!)

Awesome! More power, smoother delivery and probably better fuel economy! Can't beat that!

Look forward to the pics and stuff :)

It was nice to finally meet you Scotty. I'm sure you are going to be happy with the difference the PCV will make to your bike. Here it is on the Dyno.

attachment.php

Here's my bike with Ballmeads and Scottyd's after the dyno tune. Ballmeads bike is looking very nice with the R1 front end and all the other mods he's done.

attachment.php

Sorry the pics aren't the best and I didn't take many, but at least we have a record of this auspicious occassion. I'll try harder next time.

Hopefully Scotty will post up the Dyno results when he gets them.

Thanks for the pics Andy :D It was a good day out!
Yes the bike is so much smoother to ride! :tup:
Yep Johns bike looked great!

I haven't seen an email from Trevor yet. Maybe tonight or tomorrow...
I spent the afternoon cleaning up the garage to fit the bike and the VZ wagon in with plenty of room for both.

Excellent day today guys.
Both of your bikes have some very tasty mods, especially the rear shocks you boys both have.
It was fun chatting today while Scotty's bike copped a hammering on the dyno ;)
144 HP was an awesome result considering he had the db killer installed and still has his header cat in place.
I ran my bike on the dyno for a quick power run and got a nice 147 HP and some more gains in the midrange.
The only difference between this and the last time I pulled a 144 HP was a lubed chain, full synthetic oil and 98 RON fuel.
Hopefully we get to do the ride we planned soon.

It is so much smoother off the line now!!! It's making 144hp, up from 137 std. It feels a lot more powerful, but smoother and A LOT easier to take off from the line too! I saw the before and after fuel curves and it was way too rich down low! No wonder it was a pig to get off the line quickly!

I just want to harp on about how impressed I am with the PC5 and especially the Guy that tuned it today, as I said above, it's so much easier to get the bike off the line! As I thought I was just crap at getting the bike off the line and I never realised it was a tuning issue.
As it turns out the bike was dumping way too much fuel in down low! Today starting off at several traffic lights it was a pleasure to let the clutch out! It was a bug bear prior to today!
Oh and I'm getting a copy of the AFR table so you can see what the std fuel curve looks like and the improved one! :)

so Scotty, you are enjoining your 'new' bike??? I bet that you feel that the bike has even more power after a good tune....

144 HP that really good for the mods that you have done, if you remove the DB killer you might get 2-3 HP extra, and of course decat the pipes and you could get an additional 3 HP I think!!

Enjoy riding now and be gentle on the throttle!!!

:cheers:

so Scotty, you are enjoining your 'new' bike??? I bet that you feel that the bike has even more power after a good tune....
Yep lots more power now :D

144 HP that really good for the mods that you have done, if you remove the DB killer you might get 2-3 HP extra, and of course decat the pipes and you could get an additional 3 HP I think!!
Yeah I thought that too, oh well I wanted the tune to make the bike more rideable and it is soooo much more! :D
Enjoy riding now and be gentle on the throttle!!!
:cheers:
Yep - I just have to remember throttle control rule number 1 while I'm out there!

Back