*****The Riding Game*****

RE: Your bike near the edge of a ravine, with a populated area visible down below.

revine? I live in the swamps... will a ditch work? does it have to be a human community.. or will an ant hill work? just askin..

Thanks for asking. Actually I am looking for a picture of your bike in front of some deep and empty (but inhabited) space. Your idea about ants make me smile, and being a Bernard Werber fan, I say it would pass.

If nobody gets it by tomorow, I'll snatch it myself (just like Ssky0078 did a couple times over his own challenges) and offer you guys a great view of Montreal from the top of Mount Royal, our local elevated "Central Park". Ride on!

Your bike near the edge of a ravine, with a populated area visible down below

I have a place in mind, if it stays nice tomorrow....we'll see how this goes :)

Your bike near the edge of a ravine, with a populated area visible down below

I hope this is what the OP had in mind....if so....

Next Challenge: Next to something in full bloom (cause things are really getting a late start here, I wanna see some flowers!)

RE: Your bike near the edge of a ravine, with a populated area visible down below.

Congratulations to lytehouse, the spirit of the picture falls within the definition. I took a ride myself today and took the shots I promised anyway, and here they are.

I'll be looking for lytehouse's flowers.
Next: Next to something in full bloom

This is the entrance to an abandoned before being built subdivision. The flowers are wild.

Next challenge: Your bike in front of some kind of Shanty that someone lives in (the worst one you can find).

Finding a Shanty

I find that one morally difficult.
I rode around a while, and when I saw an awful inhabited place, I always ended up thinking that it was not so bad afterall and that there was certainly something even worse. I felt weird to take a picture of my fancy bike in front of a house I considered shanty, out of respect to that person's property.

Since the 48h rule is passed, I suggest another challenge.

Next: Your bike in front of some kind of Shanty that someone lives in (the worst one you can find).

After 7 days I would say change it. The point in the game is to get people out riding and give them something fun to do. Can't think of many people that would want to spend there precious riding time in areas where you would find shanties or parking meters. Come on.

Can't think of many people that would want to spend there precious riding time in areas where you would find shanties or parking meters. Come on.

IMO, I think he changed to the parking meters cause it would be an easy find, unlike the previous challenge. I'm sure someone has to go downtown for something once in awhile.
It is only a game, so please play nice.

Your bike in front of a parking meter.

Last edited:
IMO, I think he changed to the parking meters cause it would be an easy find, unlike the previous challenge. I'm sure someone has to go downtown for something once in awhile.
It is only a game, so please play nice.

I always play nice. Good idea to put those things in consideration. But was making a joke out of it, why i said "come on". Though it was funny that after 7 days it was bumped and no one wanted to find one.

Your bike in front of a parking meter.

RE: Your bike in front of a parking meter.

For sure parking meters aren't rare. I always forgot about it when I went riding in the last couple days, and it's quite rainy nowadays in Montreal.

Silos in my urban setting are difficult to find, but make a good challenge. Thanks!

Your bike in front of a silo.

Back