What did you do to your FZ today?

This is a shot of the decal. I have a pair of them ready to ship.

IMG_2998.jpg

Yea, it's a Corbin. Main issue is that with the full fairings anything other than the stock turn signals are a hassle. They need to be removed every time you're going to remove the fairings for service. I put the clear lenses on them to give them a more "updated" look, but I have no plans to replace them...

Where did you get those clear lenses?

Last edited:
Actually yesterday, but first chance to post it...

Installed a 16t sprocket. Wow. Butt dyno is real happy. Now in 1st it will either loft the front end, break the rear loose...or both! :jaw drop::angel:

Installed a 16t sprocket. Wow. Butt dyno is real happy. Now in 1st it will either loft the front end, break the rear loose...or both! :jaw drop::angel:

I need to do that. It seems like a fairly cheap and easy mod that can always be reversed if needed. I hate that it messes up the speedo/odometer even more that stock. I guess that means a speedo healer too :confused:

Enjoy.

Learning about my First Sportbike

Added a Battery Tender Junior harness to the battery.

Washed and waxed The Red Rocket for three hours. THE most fun I have ever had in my driveway.

Bought a bungee cord net for the back seat and exchanged my size 50 Aplinestars Stunt jacket at CG for a 48 (been loosing weight, so the 48 may be too big by Summer).

Went on two short rides Saturday and Sunday.

Taking some forum members advice, "Do not buy smaller back sprocket," and trying to shift at 4,000rpm. I am a VERY conservation rider, but this new bike is an entirely different creature above 4,000rpm (this from someone who always goes the posted speed limits).

:wow:

Took it for a nice ride on this beautiful day! Put on my new (used) copperdawg, and remapped my PCV after the air box mod. Loving it!

429812_994967455325_24410363_39581339_2128381703_n.jpg

Is this your first Sportbike? It is quite the learning proccess. I have owned my 08 for three weeks. The acceleration of this bike (just trying to get to the 45mph in a business district) is incredible. It is hard to be lite on the throttle.

A friend said Hayabusas were like that, "Your a rocket or off the throttle going thru the gears."

My 10 years of rented Harleys took forever to get up to speed. It was so easy to be poky from light to light.

Yep . . !

I need to do that. It seems like a fairly cheap and easy mod that can always be reversed if needed. I hate that it messes up the speedo/odometer even more that stock. I guess that means a speedo healer too :confused:

Enjoy.

Troy, Anytime you want to try the -1,+1 ratio just jump on my bike and see what you think then.

I let Brad (typo31) ride mine and he promptly went out and changed his !! He was hooked after that ride!! :woot:

Is this your first Sportbike? It is quite the learning proccess. I have owned my 08 for three weeks. The acceleration of this bike (just trying to get to the 45mph in a business district) is incredible. It is hard to be lite on the throttle.

A friend said Hayabusas were like that, "Your a rocket or off the throttle going thru the gears."

My 10 years of rented Harleys took forever to get up to speed. It was so easy to be poky from light to light.

No this is my second bike. I had a 02 GSXR 600 for about 4 years. These bikes are pretty tame as long as you respect it, but if your wrist gets a little too happy it will bite you real quick. Be careful on her.

No this is my second bike. I had a 02 GSXR 600 for about 4 years. These bikes are pretty tame as long as you respect it, but if your wrist gets a little too happy it will bite you real quick. Be careful on her.

Thanks spn4125, I did that when I had her for a week (2/18) going 35mph in 3rd in a 45mph zone running a yellow light. I cranked the right hand a little too much, looked down as I was thru the light. The speedo said 68mph. I also had that sensation of the bike flying out from under me. When I rolled off to 45mph, I could feel the sweat coming down my face in the new helmet, "OH sh*t, that was bad."

It was scary. They do take allot of respect.

Back