What did you do to your FZ today?

60 deg today! Went uptown and topped off the tank then put it back in the garage.

IMG-20120307-00682.jpg

I'm getting impatient...........still have the insurance on the sled and storage on the bike, I hate to swap them too soon though. I rode the snowmobile 250 miles on March 29th last year. You never know around here. Boy that felt good today......for the 5 miles anyhow. :D

Generally I'd agree, but the rs1 is different as far as I can tell. I have an oval head, and the medium I tried on fits like a glove! Some others I've tried were much rounder (loose on the sides for me).

Haven't ridden with it yet, but it feels great right now. The auto-tint lens is said to be very addictive. Can't wait to try it out this weekend.

The neck area covers up the gaps behind and under my ears, so I am looking forward to the quieter ride and reduced airflow.

I'll report later.

First ride/commute of 2012 today! :yes: Michele and I both rode in and got to test the new heated grips. No glove covers on my Held Steve's and my hands were toasty warm when I got to work. I had to switch them to LOW because I started sweating in my jacket.

Man does it feel GOOD to be back out on two wheels.

Last edited:
First ride/commute of 2010 today! :yes: Michele and I both rode in and got to test the new heated grips. No glove covers on my Held Steve's and my hands were toasty warm when I got to work. I had to switch them to LOW because I started sweating in my jacket.

Man does it feel GOOD to be back out on two wheels.

;) and I thought New Hampshire had caught up to the rest of us here in 2012!

She's been a good reliable old girl. So I thought I'd treat her to something nice. a set of renthal "street bend" aluminum bars with some nice low profile aluminum bar ends. I like the bend much better.
renthal.jpg

Topped that off with some pro taper grips and adjustable shorty levers
bikebling.jpg

and at the other end she got a nice new 2012 R6 shock with a CBR1000RR spring.
trippleclicker.jpg

and back up front some nicefresh low milage forks (no pic, looks just like the old ones)
Bring on the warm weather

Last edited:
Top Sellerie seat

Went and picked up my new/used seat.

003-3.jpg

First impressions. 55km ride home, no numb bum. The seat positions you about 3" forward with no wriggle room. The rear seat cowl from the retro kit will not fit the new rear seat.

Unexpected results:

1. The upward ramp at the front of the seat cramps a very personal area.

2. The more upright position resulted in no numbness in my right wrist/hand. On the way down, I got half way before my wrist/hand went numb.

Last edited:
Went and picked up my new/used seat.

003-3.jpg

First impressions. 55km ride home, no numb bum. The seat positions you about 3" forward with no wriggle room. The rear seat cowl from the retro kit will not fit the new rear seat.

Unexpected results:

1. The upward ramp at the front of the seat cramps a very personal area.

2. The more upright position resulted in no numbness in my right wrist/hand. On the way down, I got half way before my wrist/hand went numb.

Looks really great on the bike Blanchy. It looks as though the "numb bum" and "numb wrist" has been taken care of, now for the "upward ramp" deal up front! :eek5:

Back