What did you do to your FZ today?

GEDC0074.JPG

Lookin good Patrice! :tup: Have you lost some weight?

pilot I was not as happy about the flurries as Cruzman. When I saw them, I was ready to go home! He talked me into riding Wayah RD after we had a bowl of chili from Wendy's.

Yes Hail, I've lost about 10 or 15 lbs. I need to get on the scale to verify. Needed doing and could stand to go a few more! Now if i can just make myself use my Total Gym...

Yeahh!!

Congrats Patrice!
Billy and I have lost 'some weight'. (he more than me) But, I think we both have hit a wall. I know I have. Can't seem to get another pound off no matter what. It must have something to do with -- open mouth, put in food, fat on belly increases . . . . . . .. . :ugh:

Pulling off passenger footpegs and brackets as well as heel plates for paint. Anyone who has done this have any tips for preparation for paint? My buddy is spraying them in an autobody shop where he works

Pulling off passenger footpegs and brackets as well as heel plates for paint. Anyone who has done this have any tips for preparation for paint? My buddy is spraying them in an autobody shop where he works

Just scuff them up good and clean properly. I'm sure your friend will have the proper fast drying cleaner at the shop. You might want to leave the actual pegs in silver if you carry a passenger as over time the paint will wear off from shoe contact.

Also go with a matte black for a good match to the frame. You don't want gloss or even satin as it will be too shiny.

I had thought about the paint wearing off , thanks for the advice! I've thought about another type of foot peg that could be interchanged because eventually I don't want any silver (besides bolt heads) on the bike

Red paint Scratches

Just scuff them up good and clean properly. I'm sure your friend will have the proper fast drying cleaner at the shop. You might want to leave the actual pegs in silver if you carry a passenger as over time the paint will wear off from shoe contact.

Also go with a matte black for a good match to the frame. You don't want gloss or even satin as it will be too shiny.

Anyone every had to touch up a red 2008 FZ1? I have two very small scratches on my grab rails (hands with rings on or metal bungee hooks).

My wife says I am being very OCD about my first bike (just because I check on it everynight before I close and lock the garage on the back of our property, for the first time in 25 years). :rofl:

Anyone every had to touch up a red 2008 FZ1? I have two very small scratches on my grab rails (hands with rings on or metal bungee hooks).

My wife says I am being very OCD about my first bike (just because I check on it everynight before I close and lock the garage on the back of our property, for the first time in 25 years). :rofl:

Your not alone brother. Tiny scratches or dings on my bikes = no sleep. I feel so uneasy. I'm sure you can buy some touch up paint somewhere.

A painter told me how to touch up small scratches. He told me use a wood toothpick break the small end off, so there are little wood slivers on the remaining part and carefully dip the slivers into a cap with matching paint in it (don't go overboard). Use the fine paint covered slivers to carefully add paint to the (wax and dirt free) scratch. Doing this, or using a very fine (pointed) tip paint brush instead of the touch up paint's (supplied brush) will ensure you don't get the big ugly overlap of paint on the scrach. You want the paint to "wick" into the scratch and "fill" the scratch, not bury it.

I know how you feel about scratches or chips. OCD has nothing to do with it, it's called pride in your machine! Don't expect a non-motor-head to understand.:evillaugh:

Well today I put the battery back in and fired her up. Also flashed my PC V to the latest firmware in preparation for the Ignition Module install. Still need to do plugs, oil and coolant...

Back