What did you do to your FZ today?

Changed the oil, R1 shift linkage mod, added power outlet for GPS, and mp3 player, ordered mounting kit for GPS will be installed as soon as it gets here. Gave her a good much needed bath. :yes:

replaced the rearcover and taillight (the tailsection with handles (was damaged after my mishap), cleaned and greased the chain, cleaned the entire bike...have received new clutch and brake short levers black which will be put on this weekend....

Took my wife for a ride on the bike. My first two-up experience with my FZ1. Since she has her own bike (S40 Suzuki) she seldom rides two-up. She was rather surprised at the available power as she kept one hand on me and one on the "oh crap" handle. I never had it past 5500rpm in any gear. I wonder what her reaction would have been had I hit the power band?

I officially joined the FZ1 club

I brought my 2007 baby home. :newbie: (pictures coming in a different thread) I had a downpayment on it, and the dealer was holding it, but I payed the dealer (still a small loan via the bank to deal with, but just a few months to kill that).

It's a 2007 in Colbalt Blue with a Corbin seat (have original seat too) and slightly raised (via a bend) bars with a 'Rifle' larger windshield (currently not installed, original windshield installed) and non stock front pegs (but they don't seem to be lowered and are without rubber). I don't know what other mods (if any) were made to her. :confused0024:

Anyway, I rode her home over 100 miles and totalled 200 miles for the day and never got it past 147mph. :innocent0002: My butt was happy all day,:party0011: I'm impressed with the Corbin seat. (I wish I had the smuggler's trunk to go with it, but damn those are expensive!) I also filled the tank 2 times. It had about 1700 miles on it and is now between 1900 and 2000 miles. I can't wait to go riding with my wife and her Ninja 250.

First thing to do to the bike is add frame sliders (any suggestions on brand/type?) and get a respectable riding jacket and gloves that will fit a fat guy :doh2:

Last edited:
First thing to do to the bike is add frame sliders (any suggestions on brand/type?) and get a respectable riding jacket and gloves that will fit a fat guy :doh2:

Sliders are meant to hit the pavement and save your bike in case of an accident. They vary greatly in price and while there are some nice looking ones out there I don't really see the point in paying so much for them. Many people have used (and are happy with) the T-Rex ones. They are very affordable.

0608 TRex Yamaha FZ1 Frame Sliders NO CUT

attachment.php

Sliders are meant to hit the pavement and save your bike in case of an accident. They vary greatly in price and while there are some nice looking ones out there I don't really see the point in paying so much for them. Many people have used (and are happy with) the T-Rex ones. They are very affordable.

0608 TRex Yamaha FZ1 Frame Sliders NO CUT

attachment.php

I can vouch for the T-Rex. They saved me a lot of damage and only $22 to replace them. I only replaced the one and now have a spare in the event.... well, we'll hope that does not happen!

Today, she will be watching me work... too many house projects and not enough time to ride. :(

Today, she will just be shown off in the garage, because instead of the sunny 70 degree weather I was promised, we have 50 degree weather with rain : owned: Thank goodness I got her home yesterday! That would have been a really bad 1st 100 miles.

Damn weather man! :spank2:

Where to buy T-Rex frame sliders in Europe, anybody?
Their site doesn´t seem to send to send to Europe

Well if you can't find a source for them in Europe I can probably ship them to you here from the US. Looks like they will probably fit in a Priority Mail® International Small Flat Rate Box and that will only cost $13.45 to ship to Portugal. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Well if you can't find a source for them in Europe I can probably ship them to you here from the US. Looks like they will probably fit in a Priority Mail® International Small Flat Rate Box and that will only cost $13.45 to ship to Portugal. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Thanks Tony.PM sent

Finally had a good day Friday to do the 56 mile round trip to work.

This morning I went for a nice 3 hour ride through Sam Houston National forest with Pyro ('01 GenI) and his buddy/neighbor Lance ('10 FZ6R). One of the best mornings for a ride thus far this year. It was really amazing out this morning.

Today a traded my FZ1, but just for the week.
Then i went for a race with my friend in a Busa K8;) and lost with my borrowed Fat Boy :D LOL here are some pics

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

Last edited:
It's the little things...

Did a little painting today. Back in june, I painted my rad covers...badly!
5054840331_f05d13f19a.jpg

Stripped 'em last night:
5054768353_1cb9f56378.jpg

Painted 'em today:
5054768979_75cf1d5d38.jpg

My motohubby complained about the brackets for the aux lights looking "unfinished", so to appease him, I pulled the lights rounded the corners and painted a bracket (still need to do the other one, I'm on my break now)
5054770523_80d458303d.jpg

One thing that was bothering me, and probably motohubby too, was the unfinished plate I used for mounting the gps to my tank bag. I painted that too!
5055389734_e156c7513e.jpg

Finally, I've been getting a lot o heat from my radiator. Putting jwhelan's guard on over the stock didn't help and maybe added a little more. So I took the wire out of the middle of the oem and re-installed the guard. I think it looks better than before!
5054770837_4a98567e04.jpg

Last edited:
RE: FZ1 today

Well, I received my new hardened steel rear sprocket today ! The soft aluminum one that came on the FZ when I bought her off ebay was starting to clik rather noisily. I began to notice it while on the "Tail-of the Dragon" last month (it only had 2500-mi. on it) and ordered in a SunStar 47T beauty.
2-hours start to finish and it's oh so sweet ! No more chain noise !

Well, I received my new hardened steel rear sprocket today ! The soft aluminum one that came on the FZ when I bought her off ebay was starting to clik rather noisily. I began to notice it while on the "Tail-of the Dragon" last month (it only had 2500-mi. on it) and ordered in a SunStar 47T beauty.
2-hours start to finish and it's oh so sweet ! No more chain noise !

Yea, aluminum sprockets on a street driven liter bike have a short lifespan as you have seen. I went with a Supersprox rear sprocket on mine to save a little weight w/o sacrificing sprocket life.

I put all the stuff I painted yesterday on the bike today. I say let 'em cure where they'll live. Everything except the plate for the gps tank bag mount. I ordered a new holder so I'm waiting on it to come in.

DSCF4078.jpg

Before and After:
DSCF3822.jpg DSCF4096.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF3822.jpg
    DSCF3822.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 0
I put about 80-100 miles on it today with a nice mid-day ride. I stopped in a few motorcycle shops looking for a good jacket. The Harley store didn't have a single item in the place that didn't say Harley-Davidson on it, what a waste of time. I found out the red '06 FZ1 I had been looking at finally got sold, and I set up a time for my wife's Ninja 250 to get lowered (still not sure if it's a good idea or not).

Then I met my 9 year old daughter at the bus stop and took her for a quick little ride to the Dairy Queen for a treat, and then through the local covered bridge and out on a few country roads.

I'm going on a little midnight ride in a little bit to show my FZ1 to a co-worker. (yeah, we work 7pm to 7am)

All in all a very good day, I just sacrificed a little sleep to enjoy it and I regret I didn't get some pics to share. :sport12:

Back