What did you do to your FZ today?

RE: FZ1 today

Today I got the Proton's humming. Wow !! are they bright ! I turned the lights off in the shop and covered the only window. . . with it completely dark, oh-yeah, , ,, they are very bright blinkers . . . no dissappointments here ! Nothing against the factory flashers, if you like the pumpkin on a stick look. I personally don't. If the Suzuki Burgman can put the factory blinkers in a sleek, blended, racy looking fairing, why can't the FZ1 ?? JMHO.

Next I got the engine and frame covers back on that trim out the drive sprocket and the left footrest assembly. Oh yeah , , , Used my blue locktite as usual.

Ahh, time to go for a ride ! No, not the FZ. . . it's still apart. I got the HELIX out and buzzed into town to run some errands and perhaps enjoy one of the last truly warm riding days we have left this year. It was fun zooming along, dodging the walnuts and the potholes and waving to the other biker's out riding today.

Here are some pics to enjoy. The four new T-Rex Racing sliders on the bench, awaiting there assigned location. I blacked out the inside bottom third of the new Zero Gravity sport screen. The oem drive sprocket sitting on the EK-530. The RV3A is the experimental aircraft that I used to fly. N5AJ or, five alpha juliet, was my favorite ride for over 11 years. Cruising at 200mph at 8oooft., she burned 7 gph. and was fully areobatic too. In this pic she is parked on the flightline at Oshkosh, WI. with all her friends . . . . .

:cheers:

First Track Day

Today I went to my first track day. :sport12: I'm very satisfied.
At first it was a little chaotic because everybody was mixed. After a while they made 3 levels, hi mid and low experience. I was classified in the mid experience. After a couple of laps of recognition, I started to lean the bike more and more with a lot of confidence. I really enjoyed the bike. I felt very safe.
The course was number 8. You can see it here Autodromo de Buenos Aires
Here are some pics that I took
PS: As you can see It was a Ducati track day. :smoking:

Last edited:
First track day part II

Well. Finally I could use the entire tire (see pictures below) And It seems that I used the entire lean angle too, because I scratched a half of right footpeg (in the "horquilla Alfredo Parga" curve)

Boy Max! Thats some track days you guys got down there!! Umbrella Girls for a track day event??!! Now thats cool! I'm glad you had a good time. Did you happen to take any video of the ride?

The girls were lovely :drools: I hadn't camera on board but there was a photographer who took a lot of pictures. We just have to wait he uploads the recorded material on line.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_dE6sD76Cc"]PB020757.AVI - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-n7T-sGfBM"]PB020758.AVI - YouTube[/ame]

I tried to mount the camera on board with a support of someone else but it didn't stick very well so I felt no confidence to carry that thing at 240 km/h. Here is how it looked

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKGA7TZK5CQ"]PB020760.AVI - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
I cleaned the chain, washed and waxed it, and installed some Raider hand guards for winter riding. Not sure about these hand guards...I swapped some of the hardware with easier to use hardware (I have spare kits hanging around..ya never know) and they kiss the windshield slightly on tight turning. We shall see. If they keep the wind off my hands I'll tolerate the windshield thing. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I rode to work in the rain today, and now she is sitting outside getting rained on all day..... and I guess I will ride her home this evening in the rain as well...... Not a good day when my wife needs the truck AND it is raining, AND I really cant take a sick day........ :banghead:

I cleaned the chain, washed and waxed it, and installed some Raider hand guards for winter riding. Not sure about these hand guards...I swapped some of the hardware with easier to use hardware (I have spare kits hanging around..ya never know) and they kiss the windshield slightly on tight turning. We shall see. If they keep the wind off my hands I'll tolerate the windshield thing. :)

That's what I have to do. I used the hole closest to the bars so that helped me some. They work too well not to use them! I also take them off as soon as the weather allows.

That's what I have to do. I used the hole closest to the bars so that helped me some. They work too well not to use them! I also take them off as soon as the weather allows.

This is good to know, I used the outside hole because of how close they were to the levers, but like I said, I'd have to be crankin' on the handlebars for them to hit hard, so I'll see how they do. Thanks again for the link to them!

I wrecked mine today. I was trying to pushstart it (battery dead) and i started, then motor died, then motor started again and i lost balance, and got dragged a bit until I (we) fell down. My knee and shoulder hurt like hell and there's a lot of scratch damage. Good thing I have a full insurance, but it will still cost me around 320 euro to fix it
bummer ..

Got the wiring (home-made harness) for the low beams/switch completed today. When my switch arrives, all I have to do then is cut the hole and install the second rocker-switch to control the low beams.

When finished, I'll be able to run with only the HALOS lighting the way, or, with only the low beams shining, or, , , , with BOTH the HALOS and the low beams on for combined lighting ! :woot: The combo gives a blue-ish glow to the low beams, which is pretty neat !

I took some pics of the harness today but left the camera at the shop (again). I soldered all connections and used plastic shrouded spade-connectors from RADIO SHACK for added safety. I like these, they are firm and very secure when snapped together, and they are heat and moisture resistant too. I'll post pics of the wiring tomorrow.

I noticed a small crack in the lower left fairing mounting hole. (the one at the low-forward mount where the T-Rex Racing frame slider will mount up) I epoxied a proper sized fender washer on the backside for support. Then, I epoxied some 2.5 lb. fiberglass matting over the the washer and an additional surrounding area (about the size of a lemon) to add some additional strength.
I will paint it gloss black tomorrow after it has set up to help seal it some more.

I forgot my camera (see above), but here are a couple of pics of the progress. . . . and my recent trip to the Bronx ! First up:
This is the leftside Proton flushmount on the bench, ready to accept the lite-pod mod wire for combining the 'running lights'/alternate flash feature.
Next is my return from the Bronx, NY. with the FZ1 still strapped into my truck. I am gathering the strength to get 'er unloaded . . . . after the long drive. The last pic is of my little terrier (Angie) getting her nap after a long day helping me out in the shop as I work on the motorcycles. Yes, she likes to sleep with her toy ferret. :cheers:

This is good to know, I used the outside hole because of how close they were to the levers, but like I said, I'd have to be crankin' on the handlebars for them to hit hard, so I'll see how they do. Thanks again for the link to them!

I started with mine on the outside hole and used them like that all season forcing me to make many multipoint turn arounds. This year, I moved them to the closest hole. I can't really tell a difference except on the tighter turns when I sometimes have to shift the brake side one off of the lever some. If these were something I'd have on the bike all the time, I'd probably look for a different style or narrow my shield.

I forgot to say I rode mine today to look at houses. This time 12 days from now I'll have the r1 front end installed.:yes:

The switch for my low beam isolation project came in today's mail. Thanks Billy!
Here are a few of the pics from yesterday's progress.
Today, I went riding ! No, no, , , not on the FZ, it's still apart. I took the GoldWing out and rode with some friends, and, oh yeah, ate way to much food !
First up: the repair to the lower fairing. Next three pics are the wiring harness to isolate the low beam lights. The last pic is a shot of just some of the stickers/decals I have been collecting for this winter's make over . . .heh,heh
:cheers:

I let my man take my bike for a ride. He has not ridden in 24 years and looked so nervous on a 1000... He was gone for around 20 minutes and only did left hand turns...lol

He wants to get the confidence up on mine so that when e test rides one that he wants to buy he won't look like a dill.

Oh yeah, I bought a bike cover and a disc lock with alarm to protect my ride yesterday also.

Today I got the switch for the low-beams mounted. I also got the lower fairing painted (on the inside) to seal the repair. I made a cardboard template the size of the cutout and traced that where I wanted to make the cut. The pics show the template and the finished switch located on the left inner fairing. The pic also shows the painted repair to the left of the switches. Next is a pic of my little terrier wearing my son's mad-max goggles as she sits on my lap. I am thinking of borrowing these goggles the next time I get my Harley Vrod out for a brisk, fall ride. Ohh yeah , , , I'll be checking the rear tire over before departing. I don't want to end up like Billy , , , , , , , and go hill-climbing on a Harley HOG !! :woot:

I don't even remember what it is like to ride my bike. I have been spending every spare minute I have mountain biking. I need to get out this weekend!

Track day on the 19th Brad. Houston, come out and play!

I got my oil leak fixed and a brand new pair of Q2s!

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

Back