What did you do to your FZ today?

Today I got the switch for the low-beams mounted. I also got the lower fairing painted (on the inside) to seal the repair. I made a cardboard template the size of the cutout and traced that where I wanted to make the cut. The pics show the template and the finished switch located on the left inner fairing. The pic also shows the painted repair to the left of the switches. Next is a pic of my little terrier wearing my son's mad-max goggles as she sits on my lap. I am thinking of borrowing these goggles the next time I get my Harley Vrod out for a brisk, fall ride. Ohh yeah , , , I'll be checking the rear tire over before departing. I don't want to end up like Billy , , , , , , , and go hill-climbing on a Harley HOG !! :woot:

I can't help but think how bored you must be to post so many details about your life. And, to actually take pictures and put them on a forum. Just sayin.........hope when i'm older I have more to occupy my time!
:box:

RE: FZ1 today

n.e.mich said:
I can't help but think how bored you must be to post so many details about your life. And, to actually take pictures and put them on a forum. Just sayin.........hope when i'm older I have more to occupy my time!
:box:

I am afraid you are right on the money n.e.mich;91348 I do have WAY to much time . . . heh,heh. I was fortunate enough to be able to 'retire' at 55 years old and this forum (among others), helps me to pass, the now much longer, days that I am blessed with! I am still too young to draw any Social Security yet though, so I really appreciate everyone who is still working and paying into our national 'retirement' fund. I, like many others, just hope that the Feds leave it alone long enough for those of us that have paid into it all these years can get the benifit from it that was promised.

Today I ordered a SpeedoDRD to correct the now very inaccurate speedometer. After visiting the 12OCLOCKLABS website, I liked the really tiny, completely waterproof, encapsulated digital module over the older, HealTech Speedo Healer design. I also got the lowers back in place today and installed the last of the four T-Rex Racing frame sliders. Pics tomorrow. :cheers:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the purpose of this particular thread was to post what you did to your bike that particular day?????? I myself have to work 10 hours each workday and still find time to check out what other people are doing to their rides. To me, there's nothing boring about tinkering with bikes and showing your fellow forumites what you have done. Keep em coming Gary!

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the purpose of this particular thread was to post what you did to your bike that particular day?????? I myself have to work 10 hours each workday and still find time to check out what other people are doing to their rides. To me, there's nothing boring about tinkering with bikes and showing your fellow forumites what you have done. Keep em coming Gary!

+1 Keep them photos coming. I wish i had the time you do Pilot!

I'm kinda doing this in reverse right now. I know I am buying another FZ1 next year at some point so I am going to start picking up mods as I find smoking deals on them. :)

Just picked up a HARRIS FLUSH FITTING QUICK RELEASE FILLER CAP.

Small start but it all adds up!! :icon_beer:

:wilynily: Woohoo!! I'm on the path of being back to two wheels!!!

fc-2.jpg

I'm with Billy. Keep it coming Gary because a lot of us will be suffering through the winter, waiting with anticipation for ANY FZ1 items, no matter how big or small!

Here are the pics from yesterday with the T-Rex's installed. Also, in the mail today was my recently purchased YAMAHA jacket (from ebay, where else?). It matches up perfectly with the black and red of the FZ, and, and, I just had to have it ! :woot:

RE: Looks

Lookin' Good! Never considered rear frame sliders. I accidentally won an ebay Auction for some! They are the ones with the brackets. Maybe I can place these so I can use them for highway pegs. I can barely reach my t-rex sliders.

Thanks WolfTamer ! I do like the extra protection the rear sliders provide in case of a tip over or worse. And, "congrats" on the elite-tis-emeritis !! :woot:

RE: Test

I was curious about that. Did you do this test?
Which Dual Sport Motorcycle is right for you? - YouTube

How'd it work? :D

Did I ? That is me doing that test ! Back when I had hair and was a skinny little guy . . . . What you see here is 'take' number 2. The first time I kicked at it, I slipped, fell on my back side, and cracked my noggin . . . I ain't been 'right' since . . .right since. . .rite sense . . . ..:justkidding:

That's a great series of shots Lee! When did you know that you weren't going to make it across in one shot??? It looks like it got a bit deep.

I had walked through first to see how slippery it was (big round rocks) and found a path next to the edge of the small rapids to the right in the pictures (really needed to avoid going there). When I rode through I wasn't exactly on the path I scouted and found a huge round bolder that threw the front end over to my left, then another that tossed me onto my right side. It was only a foot and a half deep, but cold and very fast flowing. I did manage to keep the airbox dry and pick it up myself. Just the kid in me wanting to play in puddles I guess. :tup:

RE: KLR test

Man ! That looks like soooo much fun ! I have forgotten the joys of the 'water-crossing' rides I used to do while out trail riding. Thanks for the pics, they bring back them old, old memories ! :woot:

Yes, lots of fun as long as you don't do a Captain Nemo. It was right after that I got rid of the rubber footpegs and put on proper spiked metal dirtbike ones. I might have been able to save it if my feet had stayed on the pegs. I have not had any trouble on the new dual sport, but then I removed the rubber inserts as soon as the bike made it to my garage.

Enough of the highjack though. "What did you do to your FZ today?"....
Sadly just saw the Optimate 4 flashing in check mode (connected to the FZ under it's OEM cover) when I went through the dark garage this morning to my car. :(

Got the FZ all back together with the new ZG dark sport touring shield in place (with new aluminum fastners in shiny,gloss black). The switches look like they belong there and work just great. Here are some pics.
The last pic is with the low beams off and the halos switched on. ( Billy did a great job with the HALOS, they just look soooo awesome ! )
Now, with the low beams off, the halos really can stand out, along with the pod, and, the Proton lights on !
WoooooooWHoooooo . . .. .:woot:

Back