What did you do to your FZ today?

Got an appointment for my fork swap. It will be done Monday morning. Had to climb over a mental stumbling block as I realized TheMomma and I had discussed this back when I started gathering parts. When I was showing her pics of how it'd look when it was done, she said "It's prettier that way, you should go ahead and do it." I saw the auction for the r1 forks later that week and won it pretty cheap the next week.

Also I put my heated gear controller in a different box and later today will prep bike for ride tomorrow. Cruzman and I are going to Cheaha tomorrow.

Took my ride to my Yamaha dealer for its checkup. This year I have not been able to collect many km so it was just an oil change and a general checkup. But even so I got a replacement bike so I could get to my work while he was doing the maintenance.
Who remembers me having a red naked XJ6 last year?
027-1.jpg

Now I was handed a faired white XJ6.
006-8.jpg

:stunta]:

Just got back from 443 mile ride with Cruzman. We went to Cheaha State Park in Alabama. Earlier this week I put my heated jacket liner controller in a smaller box and today was it's first test. It performed well, as did the jacket liner, in tandem with the new heated liner for the gloves and controller.

I just need to replace some connectors on the Jacket liner and I'm all done with that stuff for a while.

We're planning a ride for next weekend so I can test out my r1 forks, probably much shorter, like to Helen or Dahlonega.

Was finally going to take her out for a ride today and nothing would happen when I turned he key. I hooked up my battery charger and it did not even detect a batter was there. Strange thing is it started up just fine last weekend when I let it run for a while in the garage. Oh, well! I will pull the battery out and take it in for testing next week.

Someone care to do me a favor if you get time? Could someone measure their GEN II FZ1 Swingarm and tell me what the width of the swinger is where it mounts to the frame pivot point?

Also could you measure the distance from the center of the Frame Pivot Point to the center of the rear axle?

Thanks

Brian

Last edited:
FZ today

DJ, , , , that is soooo right. I just put a couple of more decals up into position on the rear-tire hugger. Took a couple off. (didn't like the location) Now, I'm waiting on a shipment (of , ,, , ,oh yes, , ,) MORE decals !! heh,heh,
I confess . . . .I'm addicted to, to, to, DECALS :woot:

DJ, , , , that is soooo right. I just put a couple of more decals up into position on the rear-tire hugger. Took a couple off. (didn't like the location) Now, I'm waiting on a shipment (of , ,, , ,oh yes, , ,) MORE decals !! heh,heh,
I confess . . . .I'm addicted to, to, to, DECALS :woot:

Nice... I especially like the "Do NOT screw with my Yamaha... " sticker. I'm going to have to see this bike in person come spring.

Here's one for OldSchool too...
Don%27t%20mess%20with%20my%20KTM%202.gif

Last edited:
Nice... I especially like the "Don't mess with my Yamaha... " sticker. I'm going to have to see this bike in person come spring.

Here's one for OldSchool too...
Don%27t%20mess%20with%20my%20KTM%202.gif

Absolutely BDazzler ! We missed connections in the past, but, I am looking forward to meeting up with you next season! Perhaps over a tasty, world famous, cheesburger in Moonshine, Ill. typo31 and I love that place !!
Now, where is my stack of decals , , , I have work to do . . .:woot:
Oh, and yes, the don't touch decal for oldschool looks great. Love those KTM's

Back