What did you do to your FZ today?

Took my wife for a ride and had breakfast at our favorite Nook this morning. My wife will not allow me to photograph her so I had her at least put her helmet in frame. ;)

It's OK to like pink Brad, you don't have to tell us that your wife was there.:poke: Nice Helmet, I'm sure it looks very nice on you. :jaw drop::justkidding:

FZ1 today

Today I bid fairwell to my Harley Davidson Vrod ! I sold the 100th Anniversary Vrod on CL to a really nice guy in Marion, In. and now, I have a battery tender 'slot' for the FZ !! I have put up some 'before' and 'after' pics of Billy's sweet, Gen-1. Note: I added a couple of more decals, along with a couple of more upgrades. Ahhh , , , Just to round out the whole effect . . . . :woot:

OMG . . .I believe I am 'addicted' to the dreaded decal/sticker overload syndrome. Mmmhhhhhhh, , , I dream about decals at night. . ..that ain't right. Is it?

Met Cruzman this morning around 7:30 in Cumming, GA and went for a 281 mile ride.
dscf5369.jpg

Ate lunch in Clayton
dscf5371.jpg

Rode past 3 lakes, only stopped at one to take pics though. Somewhere along Seed Lake RD:
dscf5387.jpg

(Cruzman made me look fat! :shame:)

dscf5379.jpg

dscf5380.jpg

dscf5392.jpg

Lunch was really good but only stayed with us as far as Unicoi State park.
dscf5393.jpg

:scared0016:

After that, we went home. Here's the ride map:
8094d1323050396-what-did-you-do-your-fz-today-days-ride.png

I forgot, now my suspension is adjusted to my liking.

Last edited:
I was inspired by all of pilot's sticker work so today I finally put my $2 tank pad on the bike.
dscf5398.jpg

This is a test to see if I like a colored/designed tank pad or just the plain one I had before. It doesn't adhere very well so I'm curious how long it'll last.

I also finally removed the rear facing dragons
dscf5405.jpg

They're replaced with ones of a different design that I got from the Fontana store and are forward facing. I put them on the rear fender.
dscf5402.jpg
dscf5403.jpg

I'll replace the backwards pink dragons with forward facing pink dragons on my next visit to the Deals Gap Store.

Finally I glued down the lifting ends of my Twisty Butt Sticker that's on the tail case.
dscf5395.jpg

That's it for me and the stickers. Once I figure out if I like a design on my tank pad, I'll shop for a true replacement for my old one.

Well my Magical Racing windscreen got picked up from the post office yesterday morning and installed after work :D Haven't had a chance to take a ride so I can't comment on the wind protection, but fit and finish is great. Here are some cell phone pics (better pics on Sunday after she gets a proper washing).

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Ahh Yummmmmm

I was inspired by all of pilot's sticker work so today I finally put my $2 tank pad on the bike.
dscf5398.jpg

This is a test to see if I like a colored/designed tank pad or just the plain one I had before. It doesn't adhere very well so I'm curious how long it'll last.

I also finally removed the rear facing dragons
dscf5405.jpg

They're replaced with ones of a different design that I got from the Fontana store and are forward facing. I put them on the rear fender.
dscf5402.jpg
dscf5403.jpg

I'll replace the backwards pink dragons with forward facing pink dragons on my next visit to the Deals Gap Store.

Finally I glued down the lifting ends of my Twisty Butt Sticker that's on the tail case.
dscf5395.jpg

That's it for me and the stickers. Once I figure out if I like a design on my tank pad, I'll shop for a true replacement for my old one.

Patrice, you have got to check out these guys. You can design anything you want and they'll make it a tank pad for ya. The Monster Energy Pad I bought from them was insane! Ask "Pilot" to tell you how nice it is. Fit and finish is A-1 and the colors are "photo-like". Really unbelievable and they don't cost much. Check them out here: Immortal Graphix Motorcycle Tank Pads and Motorcycle Graphics

FZ today

Today I started her up and let the fluids circulate. I also made up the 'pig-tail' for the soon to be installed red,LED,flashing, brake lights. These LED's are HUGE and easily seen in bright sun light. At night, they are visible for miles ! (these are the same ones used on some of the LEO's light-bars)

They must work pretty good. I haven't been run over from behind yet . . . .:eek5:
I'll have some pics when I get them (2-of them, w/ 3 led's each) hooked up.

New addition . . .

Moved the FZ to make room for another 'winter' project. I found a real nice, freshly rebuilt, 1973 Harley Davidson Aermacchi X90 ! Runs like a champ and will do 58mph on level ground:woot:
Everything works, but the factory oil injection is unhooked at this time. It's fun to be mixing 2-stroke fuel again !! Ahh , ,, the smell of spent pre-mix brings back sweet memories . . . . .:tup:
I'll have some pics up later today. The little gal, (about 109 lbs w/fuel), is still loaded in the bed of the Dodge because I got in too late last night.:cheers:

I have a pic of the 'pig-tail' for the brake/flasher. It is now hooked up and routed out to the license bracket. The 'yellow' wire is the brake and I made the splice just ahead of the plug connector that runs all of the rear lighting. You can see one of the black LED bodies in this pic. They are BIG by normal LED standards. heh,heh

FZ today

Here are the pics of the brake/flasher as it's installed now. :eek5: The next set of pics is of the little Aermacchi (Harley Davidson) X90 I just picked up. Sweet bike ! It's a 1973 model with 999.5 original miles and the tires are stamped 1972. :woot: , , , it's for sale too ! heh,heh:rmwl:

Here are the pics of the brake/flasher as it's installed now. :eek5: The next set of pics is of the little Aermacchi (Harley Davidson) X90 I just picked up. Sweet bike ! It's a 1973 model with 999.5 original miles and the tires are stamped 1972. :woot: , , , it's for sale too ! heh,heh:rmwl:

I had so much hope for you since you finally got rid of that HD, but now you go and get another! :disapproval: :nono: :box:

LOL :jk: Looks like a fun little bike. :eyebrow: I'm afraid my fat a$$ would kill it dead. :surrender: You're posts are helping me through the winter of not riding. Thanks. ;)

Pulled out the servo motor and pluged in an eliminator ;)

Then fitted my homemade shelf

DSC_0046.JPG

So now I have some extra space for the tools. Which I took out when I put in my PC and speedohealer.

And the operation saved another 300 g. :p

The shelf is made of 1 mm aluminium.

Back