What did you do to your FZ today?

Tiny FZ

BDazzler, sorry man , , ,,:p I just couldn't help myself. I thought, this thing runs just like a TINY FZ1 ! heh,heh Hide the expansion chamber and turn the handlebars down, and WALA . . .!! Itty-bitty FZ !
If you stop in sometime, you can try her out ! :cheers:

BDazzler, sorry man , , ,,:p I just couldn't help myself. I thought, this thing runs just like a TINY FZ1 ! heh,heh Hide the expansion chamber and turn the handlebars down, and WALA . . .!! Itty-bitty FZ !
If you stop in sometime, you can try her out ! :cheers:

You know Gary, I'm gonna be real disappointed if I don't see a bonafied "Fly-By" video of the FZ during next Spring!!! Don't forget me dude!!;)

You know Gary, I'm gonna be real disappointed if I don't see a bonafied "Fly-By" video of the FZ during next Spring!!! Don't forget me dude!!;)

Ohh boy , , , , I don't want you disappointed Billy !! You can count on me . . . one "fly-by" coming your way soon !
Btw, if one decal adds 10HP , , , ,mmmhhhhhhh I must be up around 550HP or so . . .. .;)

Today, I started the FZ along with the others in the shop and warmed them up real good. After running for some time (with the garage door up) I went around blipping the throttles, and you know, checking the vitals of each. Ohh boy , , , Nothing comes close to the sound of a well tuned, free flowing, inline 4-cylinder when compared to ANY other MC engine. Twins, V-4's, and flat sixes can, and do, sound ok, but for me it's the deep, throaty, earth shaking ROAR of the YAMAHA !! :woot:

Well, I did nothing to the bike, but I missed it so much yesterday! Was a perfect post-snow riding day and I moved the beast 5 hours away! :cry

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Well my Magical Racing windscreen got picked up from the post office yesterday morning and installed after work :D Haven't had a chance to take a ride so I can't comment on the wind protection, but fit and finish is great. Here are some cell phone pics (better pics on Sunday after she gets a proper washing).

WOW Tony, I missed your post the other month and just saw it now. Love that screen indeed! :D
How do you like the aerodynamics of it?
I find it a lot smoother compared to the stock screen.
It looks great on your red machine!

WOW Tony, I missed your post the other month and just saw it now. Love that screen indeed! :D
How do you like the aerodynamics of it?
I find it a lot smoother compared to the stock screen.
It looks great on your red machine!

Thanks Scotty! Unfortunately I never did get to ride it before Winter set in around these parts. Plus as you can see in the pictures the top side covers are off because I was tidying up some wiring and haven't finished it. All that being said a ride report will have to wait until next year at this point, but I'm sure I'll like it much better than the stock one ;)

Thanks Scotty! Unfortunately I never did get to ride it before Winter set in around these parts. Plus as you can see in the pictures the top side covers are off because I was tidying up some wiring and haven't finished it. All that being said a ride report will have to wait until next year at this point, but I'm sure I'll like it much better than the stock one ;)

Oh bugger! Hey if you want to have a read on my review of that screen, I have a thread here

Rode to Sears to pick up my standard set of flex head ratcheting wrenches that is a Christmas Present from my big brother (Lawman). I bought the metric set last week and he'll wrap those as my gift and I get to act super surprised come Christmas.

Also picked up a socket for my front axle so I don't have to use the pipe wrench next time I take the wheel off.

The wrenches are on sale for $29 + tax and delivery (or free in store pickup) until the 17th of December. They are regularly $89 + tax and delivery.

FZ today

I cleaned and polished on the tiny-FZ today. Boy oh-boy , , , this little guy is so small, I can do the whole cleanup thing is just minutes, instead of hours on a full sized FZ. . . . ! :wilynily:
Btw, I'm looking for a set of clip-ons for her. The ape hangers have to go . . . . :poke:

FZ today

I like a stretchy net across the 'back' seat to secure small items like gloves, a hat, or a light jacket maybe. So, I picked up a cargo net and attached it to the seatpan. I use a bigger net (stowed under the seat) that I can hook to the grabrails to hold larger things like a helmet, travel bag, or other BIG item.
I got the new net installed today along with a couple more of them pesky decals . . .

Well, off work tomorrow and the two brothers i bought from jboat came in and it's not to cold tonight, so think i'm about to go out to the shop and put it on and install my exup eliminator that i made. You can tell jboat takes care of his stuff, muffler was in great shape and packed well, thanks man.

I'm going to sneak in a post here although I technically didn't do anything today. I just got started for the Christmas presents I'm going to be getting :yes: I took the tail apart in preparation for the fender eliminator and integrated tail light I'll be getting. I'm also looking forward to flush mounts in the front and also new sprockets :eek5: Can't wait!

Received my replacement aux lights today. They're a lot smaller than I pictured. 5w and more lumens than the plasmaled 008 modules they're replacing though. Here's a pic of them compared to a nickel and the old lights.

dscf5413.jpg

Prepped the old brackets for installing new lights on forks. Just waiting on new waterproof connectors and need to widen hole for caliper mount.

3w 008 LED module vs 5w LED module lit
dscf5434.jpg

Both 5w modules lit
dscf5430.jpg

I'm still seeing yellow dots some 15 minutes later :eek5:

Back