What did you do to your FZ today?

Fitted bar end mirrors today, Il let you know how i get on with them..
Had to loose the standard chrome ones as they just look so wrong lol

how did you do the right side, throttle side* mirror??? I gave up and just did this.

IMAG1085.jpg

how did you do the right side, throttle side* mirror??? I gave up and just did this.

IMAG1085.jpg

WHUT? I guess you get a great view of your neck with that setup? I mean really WTF? What can you SEE in those mirrors with them mounted there? Maybe this is a joke? :retard:

WHUT? I guess you get a great view of your neck with that setup? I mean really WTF? What can you SEE in those mirrors with them mounted there? Maybe this is a joke? :retard:

nope, though you can't see directly behind you. you can see whats in the left and right lane behind you and anything 50+ Ft directly behind you, the view is underneath the arms.

Finally swapped my tweaked stay for a new one. Since I messed up my video cams removing the time stamp, I guess I'm stuck with time-lapse until I replace them!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxiA_Ay3qLQ]FZ1 Fairing Stay Swap - YouTube[/ame]

nope, though you can't see directly behind you. you can see whats in the left and right lane behind you and anything 50+ Ft directly behind you, the view is underneath the arms.
\

You have to cut the grip and the throttle tube back about a 1/4 inch and then it fits like a glove without the throttle sticking. :Rockon:

loosten the brake lever bracket, switch gear and throttle assembly and slide them up the barsa little .
Put the mirror on the end then the bar end weight then you can pull the mirror to where the weight starts, move everything back making sure your throttle doesnt rub on the mirror ( Leave a couple of mm). clamp everything back down.

loosten the brake lever bracket, switch gear and throttle assembly and slide them up the barsa little .
Put the mirror on the end then the bar end weight then you can pull the mirror to where the weight starts, move everything back making sure your throttle doesnt rub on the mirror ( Leave a couple of mm). clamp everything back down.

there are notches that prevent the movement of the parts you mention and I really don't want to cut anything....I don't know how permanently I want to attach the mirrors.

\

You have to cut the grip and the throttle tube back about a 1/4 inch and then it fits like a glove without the throttle sticking. :Rockon:

Thats what I was afraid you would say, Im trying not to cut anything.... but you never know.

there are notches that prevent the movement of the parts you mention and I really don't want to cut anything....I don't know how permanently I want to attach the mirrors.

Thats what I was afraid you would say, Im trying not to cut anything.... but you never know.

You can drill another notch in the bars so the parts will move an lock in place. Or you can cut the grip with a razor blade and cut through the plastic tube with a pipe saw its really easy and it comes out clean.

Last edited:
Planned on painting the saddlebag support I made. Did test runs.

I have installed the exhaust, touring scene, FE, integrated taillight, T-rex sliders, Sw tank bag, and soft saddlebags. Still more to go. But happy with my first FZ1.

Where did you get the lock ? And how did you change the key, COOL STUFF.

Somebody in the helmet lock thread came up with the part number from a Japan site. Cost about $60 for the lock, bracket and screws.

As for the key, I swapped the gold wafers around so it would work with the ignition key ( left 2 out)

Somebody in the helmet lock thread came up with the part number from a Japan site. Cost about $60 for the lock, bracket and screws.

As for the key, I swapped the gold wafers around so it would work with the ignition key ( left 2 out)

I installed my helmet lock a while back and have had no success finding a locksmith that could key it to my ignition key. Its pretty obvious that it can be done since the tumbler cylinder in the helmet lock is accessible and comes apart easily. The stealership was a zero as far as help on this and I guess you'll have to find a locksmith that has the Yamaha stuff (wafers or whatever they're called) so they could change to the correct set matching the ignition.

What locksmith told you he could key the helmet lock for you (the $36 quote), was that a local guy or something else?

Really would like to do this!

Back