What did you do to your FZ today?

Took the suppressor out of the slip on just to see how loud it is, holy catfish is that thing loud. I put the suppressor back in.

I found out the hard way how for I can go on a tank of gas.

AIS block off plates installed, pipercross air filter installed, slip on attached... Was doing all of this at night and then the outside light broke... Completed in pitch black :)

Went for a short ride to test my Fren Tubo brake lines. Spent some time in a parking lot doing "emergency" stops so I could get used to the new feel. Last few changes I've made to the bike have made me fall in love with him all over again. :cloud9:

Last edited:
Well, not all today, but fairly recently:
Installed Fuze-Block Power Distribution Center
Replaced SW-Motech tank bag (from Twisted Throttle with newer model thanks to a generous return policy and serious fabric fading)
Re-wired power to tank bag to take advantage of the Fuze-Block
Added heated grips
Replaced Fuel Line (Fuel Line Mod)​

EXUP valve Lub

Today I finally disassembled , lubed and adjusted the EXUP valve on my 2004 Z1, it was bone dry but in excellent condition, so clean with no hint of soot, the bike is stock & lean but runs great, will install the 4* timing advance after the bike cools down a little.
I hate working on this bike everything is so crammed.:wtf:

484585_10151030796248800_916766038_n.jpg

admired a cracking paint job

FZ8 riser on gen-1 FZ1

Today installed the shorter FZ8 handle bar mount on my 2004 Z1 with superbike bar, what a difference, love the increased control & the relaxed riding position.

a while back I tried a one inch riser on top of the stock lower mount & was surprised how more difficult controling the bike became & I removed it the same day, my thinking was a one inch riser with a superbike bar will do the trick but found out it made it worse. the lower rise of the FZ8 mount made a very positive difference.
Yamaha Part # 3Y6-23442-00-P2

Last edited:
Set the sag on the front to 30mm and the rear to 32mm. This was as close as I could get to 30mm on the rear with the adjustment notches on the shock. So, now it is time for the compression and rebound fine tuning.

Back