What did you do to your FZ today?

holy upside down pictures!

How does one powder coat at home? I thought that process involved static electricity....

Not static electricity. Similar to electroplating. The base metal gets a charge and the powder gets the opposite charge so it is attracted to the metal. Then once the powder is applied it is baked in an oven to cure.

I was able to take a quick ride and see Pilot8127 (Gary) in Mattoon, IL today. He made a trip over west to my neck of the woods. Too bad he had to drive the truck to pick up a cart. We had a nice lunch at the airport restaurant and he was sneaky and didn't let me pay. What a jerk! :nana: We had a great little visit and a quick stop at a local motorcycle shop. They didn't have much to look at today. They only deal in used stuff and do a lot of repair work.

Thanks for the lunch and pie, Gary! I'll be over your way one of these Saturdays. If the forecast decreases the chance for rain this week, I should make it. The offer still stands for you to take a ride on the FZ1 anytime.

:shame: told my 2012 fz1 that im sorry thinken of trading or selling. lot of sh##$T going on in ole mans life. got day off tomorrow. rain out. getting the COORSLIGHT! train doggies going on!:flip: man hope to find sportbike riders in wa. Or go back to lumpy? lol!!! 98 springer HD.:ban:

RangerG, I want more info on the bar risers Please, what bike, the Fz ?

Yes the FZ. No issues with the install. Cut the zip tie on the upper fork that went around the brake line and loosened off the clutch adjustment until the risers were installed. I went with the 25 mm/1" units so I didn't have to change brake lines etc.
Went for a 200 km ride and it felt good.

Installed my Shogun frame sliders. Cleaned off the bugs from yesterday. Put the cover on because it is supposed to rain for next few days.:tdown:

I rode into work lastnight. I'm riding home this morning and doing the same thing, cleaning bugs and putting her up for about a week according the the forecast. :( Stupid rain! :banghead:

Last edited:
Yes the FZ. No issues with the install. Cut the zip tie on the upper fork that went around the brake line and loosened off the clutch adjustment until the risers were installed. I went with the 25 mm/1" units so I didn't have to change brake lines etc.
Went for a 200 km ride and it felt good.

Sounds Good, was wondering about the cable's.

I was able to take a quick ride and see Pilot8127 (Gary) in Mattoon, IL today. He made a trip over west to my neck of the woods. Too bad he had to drive the truck to pick up a cart. We had a nice lunch at the airport restaurant and he was sneaky and didn't let me pay. What a jerk! :nana: We had a great little visit and a quick stop at a local motorcycle shop. They didn't have much to look at today. They only deal in used stuff and do a lot of repair work.

Thanks for the lunch and pie, Gary! I'll be over your way one of these Saturdays. If the forecast decreases the chance for rain this week, I should make it. The offer still stands for you to take a ride on the FZ1 anytime.

Thanks Troy ! If I can get the knees to cooperate, I'll take her for a short spin sometime. It's one fine looking FZ. I would definetly look good on the saddle.

What a great time we had. The weather. The visit. And oh yeah , , ,, I love that restaurant on the airport ramp. Great food and it was cetainly great to see you again too.

Come on over when you can, you are always welcome ! :D

PS: I miss my black-'01 FZ terribly. In fact, it's for sale again on craigslist.com in Indianapolis. Billy certainly had it setup properly. What a flawless running bike. Very tempting, it is . . . . . . :icon_beer:
:thinking:

Thanks Troy ! If I can get the knees to cooperate, I'll take her for a short spin sometime. It's one fine looking FZ. I would definetly look good on the saddle.

What a great time we had. The weather. The visit. And oh yeah , , ,, I love that restaurant on the airport ramp. Great food and it was cetainly great to see you again too.

Come on over when you can, you are always welcome ! :D

PS: I miss my black-'01 FZ terribly. In fact, it's for sale again on craigslist.com in Indianapolis. Billy certainly had it setup properly. What a flawless running bike. Very tempting, it is . . . . . . :icon_beer:

Hey Gary! It may have sold cause I looked through every town in Indy and couldn't find a listing for it.:cry:

Thanks Gary. I almost mentioned your/Billy's old bike, but I didn't want to alert anyone else incase you were going to steal it back. :D I'd love to see it go to someone on the forum. You were kind enough to let me ride it, and :wow:, what a bike. Clean, beautiful and quick! I may have to drop a tooth to the 16T up front. The only thing holding me back is the FZ1 is still my only bike and I use it on long trips. I don't like the idea of the extra revs at highway speed. What I really want is a lower 1st gear, maybe 2nd too. The other gears seem OK. I guess there is one more reason I shouldn't do the 16T front, I'd be in jail for riding a unicycle on the street. :evillaugh:

I also have a TopSellerie seat (front and rear) coming from another forum member. I'll post up some pics and a report after the rain goes away.

Thanks Gary. I almost mentioned your/Billy's old bike, but I didn't want to alert anyone else incase you were going to steal it back. :D I'd love to see it go to someone on the forum. You were kind enough to let me ride it, and :wow:, what a bike. Clean, beautiful and quick! I may have to drop a tooth to the 16T up front. The only thing holding me back is the FZ1 is still my only bike and I use it on long trips. I don't like the idea of the extra revs at highway speed. What I really want is a lower 1st gear, maybe 2nd too. The other gears seem OK. I guess there is one more reason I shouldn't do the 16T front, I'd be in jail for riding a unicycle on the street. :evillaugh:

I also have a TopSellerie seat (front and rear) coming from another forum member. I'll post up some pics and a report after the rain goes away.

You mean you saw it too?? Send me the link!:D

No, Gary told me about it when we had lunch. Richie needs a bike, right? If you are able to buy it back and come to Indy to pick it up, let me know. I'd ride 2 hours east to meet you in Indy.

I don't think it's there anymore. I looked at every single listing for every town in Indy and didn't see it. :ugh: No, I'm not in the market for anything that big for Richie but heck, I may take a ride out there when my vacation comes in Sept. That would be awesome!

I don't think it's there anymore. I looked at every single listing for every town in Indy and didn't see it. :ugh: No, I'm not in the market for anything that big for Richie but heck, I may take a ride out there when my vacation comes in Sept. That would be awesome!

Hey Billy , , ! I will keep an eye out for it. Jim is the owner and he has listed it a couple of times in the past, but when it didn't sell, he pulled the add.

It looks exactly the same except he removed all the of the decals we had installed. I really don't think he has riden it very much at all.

If it pops up on craigslist again, maybe Troy and I will ride to INDY and take a l00k see at it for ya !! heh,heh,

Back