What did you do to your FZ today?

Cut down the factory screen, painted the inside black with plastidip and fitted it to the bike. Will try it for a day or so to see what it is like and then put the larger screen back on for the rest of winter.
file_zpsed1539f2.jpg

file_zps48ae69f7.jpg

I rode to work for the first time this year on the new bike! Rode spectacular. Just gotta get used to being higher than normal with the reupholstered seat but that will come in time. May have to take the long way home today!

Tonight I loaded a custom PCV map from John (ballmead) which I hope will give me performance with a bit better MPG. The bike, with Ivan's flash and map, is running VERY rich. The exhaust smells horrible to the point of choking if you're behind it. John's map leans it out a bit without taking a lot away from Ivan's ECU Flash. I did have to load the latest software and firmware on the laptop and PCV to get the bike to run proper but she purrs right now. I won't be able to test until Friday or Saturday though.

Thank you ballmead!!!

In US parlance, the daytime temps in the greater Sydney area are still getting up around 65 to 70 degrees. Even in the coldest part of winter, daytime maximum temps here are rarely lower than 50degreesF. Mornings are starting to get a bit chilly though. Thinking of fitting my heated grips before it gets much cooler.

Saturday's ride was a bit cool early on so I decided this weekend would be the time to fit the heated grips and 12v/5v power outlet I bought for the bike last year.
file_zps1bc64853.jpg

file_zps3693e34f.jpg

Both are just wired straight into the battery at the moment. Next job will be the power distribution box and running the grips at least via a circuit that only works with the ignition on.

I was sitting at work Friday and saw the weather for the weekend and decided to surprise Brian with a visit. Only his wife knew that I was coming so it was a real surprise when I rolled up to his house early Saturday morning on the FZ1. Yep! No trailer this time! I rode all the way from the Bronx to finally see what she could do. After logging an initial 157 miles to his house and surprising the hell out of him and his daughter, we decided to ride down to Maryland for the day! I was fresh as a daisy after the morning ride which surprised the heck out of me. Not sure why, but the GenII's ergonomics just happen to suit me perfectly. That and I think the custom seat make for an effortless and tireless ride it seems. Great for me! So a quick run for breakfast and we were suited up and on our way! We took the backroads all the way down making two stops for gas and some lunch to bring along with us. I never once felt tired or aching as I would on the 01' or even the YZF. We made it down there enjoying the great scenery and wound up at Elk Neck State Park on the Chesapeake Bay. Absolutely beautiful there! We ate lunch on the cliffs......and I mean cliffs! One wrong move and it's straight down to your demise!!! After lunch we hiked about a half mile to the Lighthouse on the point to take some pics before heading home. Round trip was 194 miles, making my total for the day a whopping 351 miles! For me that's a ton! We had a great ride, nice dinner, and hit the sack for a well deserved rest. The next morning I hit the road early to beat any weekend traffic and was home in just over two hours, logging a total of 503 miles for the weekend. I think the only other time I hit that kind of mileage was down at Deal's Gap. I can't exactly put my finger on why this bike fits me so well but it looks like I'll be enjoying the heck out of it this season and many seasons to come! Now for some pics!

He had no clue I'd be pulling into his driveway Saturday morning. Too funny!!!
IMG_0620_zps3d7f05c5.jpg

First pit stop to load up with some lunch. Not sure where we were at this point.
IMG_0622_zpsaeb3937b.jpg

Pulling into Elk Neck, Brian opted for the sunny spot along with Michelle. Me, I'm a "shade person"!
IMG_0624_zpsd4d6ca6a.jpg

IMG_0625_zps69fca1c0.jpg

At the start of our hike to the lighthouse.....
IMG_0626_zps488a5b64.jpg

Brian showing the way!
IMG_0627_zps4254778f.jpg

At our lunch spot Brian made me stand as close to the edge as I could.
IMG_0630_zps1ac49123.jpg

I got him back by making him walk out onto this overhanging log!
IMG_0654_zpsd5658bbb.jpg

After a short hike we made it to the lighthouse.
IMG_0636_zps42f7e692.jpg

IMG_0640_zpsdfce0c72.jpg

If you look close you can see Brian up at the top of the light.
IMG_0645_zpsb34b9c06.jpg

We all made it back home safe and sound. What an awesome time.
IMG_0657_zps4ad04a6c.jpg

I have to thank Brian and his family for all their generosity. I always have a great time there!

Looks like a great time, Billy! I'm so glad you have and love the Gen II so much. Now you just need to wear out those trash OEM tires and get some Michelin Pilot Road 4's or some Pilot Power 3's! (or many other brands of great tires, like Q3's or Diablo Roso Corsa). I'm just partial to Michelin, but I'll try some other brands sometime. If I remember right, Billy likes Bridgestone, so maybe an S20.

It's just 840 miles to come visit me. I'll be expecting you in a few weeks!

brembo 19x18 with galfer black braided lines front n back with new ebc hh brake pads. with the r1 6 pot calipers on there, hoooooooooooo baby it stops on a dime
photo_zps44e36875.jpg

Scored a color matched set of GIVI V35 saddlebags, liners(still new in plastic), PLXR359 racks for $400 ($450 c.a.d.)
, local, on Kijiji

Everything was in 9/10 or better condition.:thewave:

Last edited:
Back