What did you do to your FZ today?

Got the FZ all back together with the new ZG dark sport touring shield in place (with new aluminum fastners in shiny,gloss black). The switches look like they belong there and work just great. Here are some pics.
The last pic is with the low beams off and the halos switched on. ( Billy did a great job with the HALOS, they just look soooo awesome ! )
Now, with the low beams off, the halos really can stand out, along with the pod, and, the Proton lights on !
WoooooooWHoooooo . . .. .:woot:

I like the black screen...looks sinister now :sinister:

And yes the halos look great and really stand out w/o the headlights being on. Looking good :tup:

Got the FZ all back together with the new ZG dark sport touring shield in place (with new aluminum fastners in shiny,gloss black). The switches look like they belong there and work just great. Here are some pics.
The last pic is with the low beams off and the halos switched on. ( Billy did a great job with the HALOS, they just look soooo awesome ! )
Now, with the low beams off, the halos really can stand out, along with the pod, and, the Proton lights on !

NICELY done!!

RE: FZ1 today

I like the black screen...looks sinister now :sinister:

And yes the halos look great and really stand out w/o the headlights being on. Looking good :tup:

Thanks ! Yes, I too like the 'sinister' or, the 'dark side' look. I am toying with the idea of adding some blue-ice 'LEDs' just to lend some glow to the rest of the "blackness".

The bike looks great Gary. I see that you had also painted the upper triple. Now I just need to see a "video ride report" with the 15t front gear! Come on buddy! It can't be time to put her to sleep yet!! You got a couple more rides in ya! Don't make me wait all winter cause that would suck. Come on, give this flu ridden "sick" guy some entertainment. We all want to hear her scream!!!!

That's a great series of shots Lee! When did you know that you weren't going to make it across in one shot??? It looks like it got a bit deep.

I knew he was not going to make it when he left the front wheel on the ground. That bad boy needs to be 3 feet off the ground and the throttle WFO.

Great photos, I now need to get the KTM out while I still own it.

RE: Darkside

The bike looks great Gary. I see that you had also painted the upper triple. Now I just need to see a "video ride report" with the 15t front gear! Come on buddy! It can't be time to put her to sleep yet!! You got a couple more rides in ya! Don't make me wait all winter cause that would suck. Come on, give this flu ridden "sick" guy some entertainment. We all want to hear her scream!!!!

Thanks Billy ! She's lookin better with a little touch-up paint here and there, but I have some tiny, little things to do to 'er yet this winter. Btw, sorry to hear you are still sick my friend. That's sucks for sure.
As you know, I just now transfered the title. And so, I won't be insuring or registering her this winter. Alas, , , No plans to ride her 'till next spring.
The FZ is my winter-time, continuious-modding project. It's like a 'therapy' for me, and also keeps me outa the taverns, and such . . . . :icon_beer:
I do have some extra time now, (since retirement), and I absolutely love to putter around, working on the bikes !
In fact, I have my new SpeedoDRD laying on the bench. That goes on next !
Get some rest, and get well soon !! :cheers:

Thanks Billy ! She's lookin better with a little touch-up paint here and there, but I have some tiny, little things to do to 'er yet this winter. Btw, sorry to hear you are still sick my friend. That's sucks for sure.
As you know, I just now transfered the title. And so, I won't be insuring or registering her this winter. Alas, , , No plans to ride her 'till next spring.
The FZ is my winter-time, continuious-modding project. It's like a 'therapy' for me, and also keeps me outa the taverns, and such . . . . :icon_beer:
I do have some extra time now, (since retirement), and I absolutely love to putter around, working on the bikes !
In fact, I have my new SpeedoDRD laying on the bench. That goes on next !
Get some rest, and get well soon !! :cheers:

I have to hand it to you for your outstanding show of self control! There is NO WAY in hell that I could finish those particular mods and not take a spin to see how she feels. I just couldn't do it. There would have to be 2 feet of snow out on the ground to stop me. At the same time I do understand that it makes no sense to register and insure something that you won't be riding until next year so don't worry buddy, I'll wait.:waiting:

Today I decided to change the OEM Dunlop with 3000Km so I went to a tires shop to mount my new Pilot Road 3 and Ariente's stem valves. The Dunlop tires were packed up for future use.
Now she's got "new balanced" shoes. :sport12:

Today I decided to change the OEM Dunlop with 3000Km so I went to a tires shop to mount my new Pilot Road 3 and Ariente's stem valves. The Dunlop tires were packed up for future use.
Now she's got "new balanced" shoes. :sport12:

Those PR3's look awesome, as do those valve stems. I bet it makes adding air a breeze compared to the stock ones.

Those PR3's look awesome, as do those valve stems. I bet it makes adding air a breeze compared to the stock ones.

Yes, it give you an excellent access to the valve without need to fight with rotors.

I take the chance to leave a vid of FZ1 in an Amateur Race in Bs As. I saw it in live. That man with fz1 arrived 4th against R1 / R6 /1198 / GSXR.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lVuf1NEmIY]Carrera Circuito de Dolores Categoria 1000cc Amateur - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
RE: FZ1 today

Well, , ,, I couldn't stand it ! :sinister: (Billy was right) I ended up pushing the FZ out of the shop this afternoon for quick trip or two down US-40. I don't have insurance on her, or the legal registration (yet). Nor do I have the current license plate for it yet. Mmmhhhhhhh, Ahh, but the sun was shining bright.:shine: The air was warm and breezy. AND, I really needed to check my speedometer readout against the GPS to find my correction percentage on the 12OCLOCKLABS website. I will be able to program the DRD later with this little bit of info once installed under the seat. With the GPS showing a steady 60mph and the speedo indicating 69mph this computes to a minus 13.0% Which seems about right to me. The gearing (-1, +1) from stock, computed a minus 13.3% I also checked the speed at 60mph indicated. This had the GPS perched at a steady 53mph for a correction of -11.7%
All this was per their website calculator, pretty sweet !
:cheers:

Ohh, I almost forgot . . . .man, this bike rips !! Billy has this bike set-up perfectly for me . . .. smooth and soulful. Thanks man !! :tup:

Well, , ,, I couldn't stand it ! :sinister: (Billy was right) I ended up pushing the FZ out of the shop this afternoon for quick trip or two down US-40. I don't have insurance on her, or the legal registration (yet). Nor do I have the current license plate for it yet. Mmmhhhhhhh, Ahh, but the sun was shining bright.:shine: The air was warm and breezy. AND, I really needed to check my speedometer readout against the GPS to find my correction percentage on the 12OCLOCKLABS website. I will be able to program the DRD later with this little bit of info once installed under the seat. With the GPS showing a steady 60mph and the speedo indicating 69mph this computes to a minus 13.0% Which seems about right to me. The gearing (-1, +1) from stock, computed a minus 13.3% I also checked the speed at 60mph indicated. This had the GPS perched at a steady 53mph for a correction of -11.7%
All this was per their website calculator, pretty sweet !
:cheers:

Ohh, I almost forgot . . . .man, this bike rips !! Billy has this bike set-up perfectly for me . . .. smooth and soulful. Thanks man !! :tup:

WooHoo!!! I knew I dropped a subliminal hint in my post yesterday that worked on you overnight in your sleep!

P.S. I gotta know whether the front wheel gets light with the gearing change????

Last edited:
RE: Answer

WooHoo!!! I knew I dropped a subliminal hint in my post yesterday that worked on you overnight in your sleep!

P.S. I gotta know whether the front wheel gets light with the gearing change????

Answer is: YES ! Power wheelies in first and second are on demand when the revs build. I believe that the -1 in front should have been 'standard' issue from the factory. The difference in performance with it is night and day. Add a tooth (or more) in back and woooooowhooooooo ! It's game time . . .:woot:
I didn't play to much with it today as I had the GPS mounted without a tether. Didn't want to bounce it off the bike by dropping the wheel harshly, which happens sometimes. Also today, I noted that at 60mph indicated, (53 on the GPS), the revs were exactly 4000. I like IT !!! :sport12:
PS: Oh, Billy, Billy, You knew I couldn't take it, , , didn't you . . . .I just had to ride it and break the law. . . shame on me . . ..hee,hee, I'm a bad boy. . .:sinister:

Not to the bike per se but I started working on another pair of heated glove liners. The others are too hot @ 22w each. This time I'm going for half the power and slimmer gloves.

In progress shot--after and before (sorta)
dscf5241.jpg

Just gotta sew the other one then add connectors and I'm done. I've got one finger done on it so far but now I'm taking my night meds and going to bed. It'll have to wait another day.

Taking MSF Advanced School, its pretty lame.

"It should take you 4 seconds to fully apply the brakes." " Don't use two fingers, always use 4."

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

Back