What did you do to your FZ today?

Well, I'm cheating a bit for this thread because it's not my FZ1, but I just gave my wife some adjustable levers for her '09 Ninja 250r from Ride It. They came from Hong Kong and cost $60. She has a black bike, so they are black levers with 'gray' adjusters (they have a titanium look to them). I installed them and they really help her with the clutch since the friction zone doesn't start until almost all the way out.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

PS Sorry for the low quality pics. I should have taken some in daylight, but I didn't think of it. My phone camera isn't the best either.

Last edited:
Finished my heated glove liners.
dscf5247.jpg
dscf5255.jpg

These are drawing around 1a of power @ 13.3v (when the bike is moving) so that's 13w each glove or about the same as a pair of Gebrings.

Had some Yamaha LED indicators fitted.Fitted an 8x6 number plate,fitted a new pair of Pirelli Diablo Rosso II's and ordered some 42mm Rizoma Bar Risers.
I'll soon be getting a lot of the silver bits on the bike powdre coated/Enamelled.

RE: FZ today

Installed the SpeedoDRD (12OCLOCKLABS) today. I can't remember a "mod" that went so easily and quickly. mmmhhhhh. . . . . Programming it was a snap as I have located the "brain" under the seat for easy access.
After plugging in the unit, I routed the "brain" up through the rubber boot. It is just the right length (from the factory) to reach the 'under-seat' area. I then taped up the protective boot to help protect the plastic connectors and replaced the rightside cover.
Here are a couple of pics. This unit is sooooo tiny and sooooo sweet . . . .and, it's made right here in the USA !! :cheers:

RE: SpeedoDRD unit

I have been using the SpeedoDRD for a couple of years now and it works great. I too put it under the seat on my Gen II for easy access :)

attachment.php

Excellent ! Another one 'under the seat' Nice pic ! heh,heh,heh :tup:
My first FZ1 came with the Speedohealer already installed. It worked perfectly and was quite accurate. I was looking to buy one for this bike.
However, when researching a correction device (and their prices) this time around I read up on, and really liked, the SpeedoDRD when compared to the 'healer' unit. The fact that it is made in the STATES and is waterproof to boot , , , (see the website, wow!) I decided that it was the one for me ! :woot:

Yoshimura GP II fitted on GenI

Originally from GSXR 1000 K7..fits right in!!
All needed is cca 15cm of straight pipe with adjusted diameters.
No mods on the can:eek:)
Sounds great!

Last edited:
RE: FZ today

Today I worked on the placement of some of the decals I have collected. When I found a suitable location, I would install one. Some of them had to be trimmed to fit between existing ones. Oh yes, I was careful to use denatured alcohol to pre-clean the chosen area and let dry. I always use a heatgun to soften (and strectch) the decal over any curved surfaces. It works real well (if you don't get it too hot . . .) and, it also helps the adhesive to take a 'set' . Here are some pics. The first pic shows just some of the decal/stickers layed out and awaiting their assignment . . .
:cheers:

FZ today

I Love It!!! You sir, are ready for trackday!!! Looks quick, sitting still!:cheers:

Thanks Billy , , , you know like I do that you can totally change the way a bike "looks" just by choosing and locating certain decals. I stayed with the Monster-Energy/FIAT theme you started and just kinda added some racing decals here and there to fill in the gaps.
As I recall from a couple of years ago, buying similar decals for my first FZ (and, the '06 R1 I also owned at one time), the cost of these decals/stickers seems to so much lower ?! Probably due to the ecomony sinking even lower these days . . . . but I ain't complaining about that ! heh,heh. I'll have a few more pics up tomorrow. :icon_beer:

This week I got a set Yamaha tank decals in silver for an older model 1000. They are to go on my new lower cowl and silver will match my Cobalt blue with silver motor 07 Fazer. They are smaller than the R1 lower Yamaha decals and there part number is 99246-00160. Will show pics in new thread soon when fitted.:flash:

Back