What did you do to your Non-FZ1 motorcycle today.

Sand has been the one thing most difficult to get used to. I expect that is true for most people. Some of the folks I have met have been riding off-road far longer than I and they still hate it.

On this past Saturday we had lots of sand. You often hit sand before you know it is there and have that butt pucker moment where instinct takes over and you stiffen up and slow down. Both of which make it worse.

By the end of the day I had the hang of it and was flying down roads with 6" - 8" of sand at 35 - 45mph without any butt pucker. All I did was get my ass back in the seat and extend my arms a bit and the front start just floating over everything. It is actually quite graceful and peaceful.

Next to work on is actually making the bike turn in the sand. lol My butt just puckered thinking about it.

It takes a bit of recklessness and total commitment to do sand, especially with a heavy bike and no sand tires. Weight back, on the gas, just like water-skiing. Once you are on the step it gets easier. Of course it hurts more when you get slapped down on sand. The real fine powdery stuff is the worst.

Brad I am sooo jealous of you. In Okie-land I've yet to find public trails/roads yet. Everything it PAY. I ponied up $75.00 to buy a season's pass to ride enduro trails.

Heck, Fred and I (FZ6 Forum Fred) used to ride similar water crossings on the FZ6's. I recall he dumped his bike on the "black slime." Here? It's all private lands.

gMM4gDWl.jpg

I am stoked! Coffee on the go!

Brad I am sooo jealous of you. In Okie-land I've yet to find public trails/roads yet. Everything it PAY. I ponied up $75.00 to buy a season's pass to ride enduro trails.

Heck, Fred and I (FZ6 Forum Fred) used to ride similar water crossings on the FZ6's. I recall he dumped his bike on the "black slime." Here? It's all private lands.

As lucky as I may be compared to you I wish I had more around me. I want to go move in with Brenda and her husband. ;)

Installed a MG headlight guard. Not sure if it will actually protect anything but it's cool. I try to buy the real factory accessories as MG just doesn't make many of them and when they are gone they are gone.

uploadfromtaptalk1399732366375.jpguploadfromtaptalk1399732393378.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Back