• Pazzo Racing Foldable Levers

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • PSR CNC Roll N Click Levers

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Vortex Levers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stock Levers - Who needs this fancy stuff

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Other, go ahead and drop a line and why you chose them?

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi guys,

I am looking at purchasing some new levers. I am planning on going with a Shorty lever set as I find with the amazing amount of power in the Fz1 I want to keep a couple of fingers on the handlebars when shifting and I ride a lot of city commuting so I end up covering the brake a lot. I've found that on the Fz6 site polls like this provide an opportunity to have one thread with reviews and logic behind some of the choices we all make when choosing mods for our bikes.

I'm leaning toward the ASV but am interested in what people have to say about the Roll N Click options.

So what brand do you use and why?

Last edited:
I use the ASV shorty levers F3 as I like their feel and ability to flick back in the case of a crash so as not to break your hand (I've broken my hand like this in a mountain bike accident & needed pins.... not pleasant).

I like them so much that when I upgraded my brakes to an R1 set up I went with them again. I still have the ASV shorty brake lever for the FZ1 if anyone is interested in it. It's in as new condition.

From what I have read from a few reviews they don't go sloppy like some other brands do, and from my experience this is true.

I use the ASV shorty levers F3 as I like their feel and ability to flick back in the case of a crash so as not to break your hand (I've broken my hand like this in a mountain bike accident & needed pins.... not pleasant).

I like them so much that when I upgraded my brakes to an R1 set up I went with them again. I still have the ASV shorty brake lever for the FZ1 if anyone is interested in it. It's in as new condition.

From what I have read from a few reviews they don't go sloppy like some other brands do, and from my experience this is true.

You're down under in the land of Oz, otherwise I'd take you up on the offer as the F3 is my current favorite that I'm looking at.

stockers work fine. and you only need the clutch for starting and stopping so why are you taking your fingers off the bars anyway? and you realize that with shorty levers, you're still taking the same 2 or 3 fingers off the bars...work on being smooth on the bike first, sounds like you're getting ahead of yourself

No need for a poll, the cheap charlie Chinese knockoffs will win, hands down.

I've used ASV F3's and C5's with excellent results. The quality is supreme compared to the knockoffs and they will hold up a long time without fading or getting chalky. And I'd rather put my money on an American firm who does their own engineering and construction. I can tell no difference between the CNC machined ones (C/5) vs the cheaper forged ones (F3). You can get a pair of F3's for about $180, more than the Chinese stuff but quality is quality.

Pazzo shorties. They look good. They feel good. For me, the stock ones work fine, but they do not feel near so good as the shorties. They sure don't look as good.

The cheap ones were not well known when I got mine.

:)

Pazzo regular but not folding. Pazzo has an amazing assortment of color combinations. I won't buy the cheap knock-offs. May be more money for the Pazzo but I just can't support counterfeiters. Plus the anodized finish on the Pazzo is much more durable than the knock-offs. I am going on 3 years without even a hint of wear on the finish.

and you only need the clutch for starting and stopping so why are you taking your fingers off the bars anyway? work on being smooth on the bike first, sounds like you're getting ahead of yourself

You must be speed shifting or keeping it in 1st the whole time to only need the clutch for starting and stopping. I will pull the clutch when shifting, on one occasions I accidently revved the engine a little too much before letting out the clutch and got a litte nerve racking jerk. Sometimes I like to get on the freeway going a little fast : oops: and don't like the feel of reaching to shift while being pulled back in the seat.

I have been working on being smooth and yes I could get away with covering the brake with 1 and sometimes 2 fingers (I have XXL hands). I'm all about creature comfort and want something a little easier/comfortable so that I'm reducing variables that may lead to compromising situations.

Pazzo regular but not folding. Pazzo has an amazing assortment of color combinations. I won't buy the cheap knock-offs. May be more money for the Pazzo but I just can't support counterfeiters. Plus the anodized finish on the Pazzo is much more durable than the knock-offs.

Aren't Pazzo levers technically copies of CRG?

There is a big difference in quality and durability of the Pazzo levers compared to the cheap eBay ones. They are definitely worth the money.

Pazzo is actually a local company to me; they manufacture the levers 15 miles from my house.

Chinese knock-offs because they are adjustable like the expensive ones, work much the same as the expensive ones and I can get at least 6 full sets for the same money. Yes, they faded in color but a few bucks for powder coating will make 'em look great again and they still will be cheap-functional levers. ;)

I'd love to have a set of folding ASV levers but I cannot justify the cost vs. performance of the knock-offs.

Stock levers. The last forever, hold up well in a crash, in an emergency provide a better moment arm for braking, and are specifically engineered for your bike. Also they tend to be cheaper if you do have to replace them. If I were to every buy aftermarket levers it would be to add a little flash to my bike. Just my 0.02. :nerd:

CRG short , were installed when I bought the bike. They are excellent, much better than the stock, very smooth, almost no play, color true and I drive 20k a year. Said that I am not sure I would have spent so much but I was driving some knock off and they had horrible brake feeling so was not an Fz1 maybe something was not mounted correct?
In my opinion Rearsets are much more important compared to levers.

I use the stock levers. When I bought the bike, the clutch lever was bent out a little bit at the end from the bike falling over, so I just took a hacksaw and a file to it. It's now a 2-3 finger lever and works great. Best part? The lever is custom fit, great quality, and it didn't cost me a dime.

Tried ASV, Pazzo and Chinese levers and I have kept the chinese ones. No fading on me even if it does, I can't justify the huge price difference between the branded ones and the knockoffs just for the coating. If they didn't want to be copied then they should have patented it and filed a legal infringement claim. I just can't see why the branded ones have to be so expensive. The CNC quality, etc are the same. Difference is just the coating but for me even that is holding up as new.

FYI, I found the pull on the ASVs harder than the knockoffs and the Yamaha clutch pull is so hard in stock form itself. The ASVs also stick out a bit more making it difficult to clear the fairings with aftermarket bars.

Tried ASV, Pazzo and Chinese levers and I have kept the chinese ones. No fading on me even if it does, I can't justify the huge price difference between the branded ones and the knockoffs just for the coating. If they didn't want to be copied then they should have patented it and filed a legal infringement claim. I just can't see why the branded ones have to be so expensive. The CNC quality, etc are the same. Difference is just the coating but for me even that is holding up as new.

China doesn't recognise patents, that's why so many companies get frustrated with Chinese knockoffs, even if you spend the time and money to patent your idea/design, they get copied anyway.

Back