Who got out today?

I managed to get out for a 2 hour, 100 mile ride this afternoon. Took a leisure ride that was split 50/50 between highway and back roads. The weather was just perfect. Sunny and low 70's. Explored some new roads in the process and I'll have to keep this loop in mind for the future. Part of it runs along a lake for miles and miles...so relaxing :)

I rode up to Harriman this morning and up to Perkins Peak which is finally open now. The only problem is there is too much gravel in the road heading to the peak. It was a definite 20mph ride or less to the top. Plenty of bikes out today and the weather was beautiful.

I rode up to Harriman this morning and up to Perkins Peak which is finally open now. The only problem is there is too much gravel in the road heading to the peak. It was a definite 20mph ride or less to the top. Plenty of bikes out today and the weather was beautiful.

I don't actually mind a gravel road, but gravel on pavement is like that stuff you put on a shuffle board, with the same effect. It never did get warm enough to make a ride worth it here today. The week should be warm with the weekend forecast cold again.:rant:

I've had my new FZ1 for 10 days now and I've still only managed to get out and do 70 miles on it!

I'm signed off work sick so I've had to leave the bike alone for the time being. Despite not being able to ride it, it's not stopped me buying toys for it, just got to wait for them all to turn up now :cool:

Put about 120 miles on it yesterday :D. Rode up highway 7 in arkansas. Super fast bike, just wish I could go over 6k rpm for 'prolonged' periods.

Put about 120 miles on it yesterday :D. Rode up highway 7 in arkansas. Super fast bike, just wish I could go over 6k rpm for 'prolonged' periods.

After one hundred miles, I rode the bike hard, but within my limits, which were narrow being on a new bike. No way could I hurt the bike riding at 10k in first gear, or whatever, on a safe straight. I didn't ride at 10k in the twists till I dialed into the bike, though.

Ride safe, within your comfort zone, but don't worry about what rpm's. That's what I do with all new bikes and never had one fail.

Just make sure you don't go over your head. (If everything is like going by too fast, *over-your-head.*** )

I've had my new FZ1 for 10 days now and I've still only managed to get out and do 70 miles on it!

I'm signed off work sick so I've had to leave the bike alone for the time being. Despite not being able to ride it, it's not stopped me buying toys for it, just got to wait for them all to turn up now :cool:

That's what I do when the weather is bad. Makes me feel great when that UPS guy rolls up!

After one hundred miles, I rode the bike hard, but within my limits, which were narrow being on a new bike. No way could I hurt the bike riding at 10k in first gear, or whatever, on a safe straight. I didn't ride at 10k in the twists till I dialed into the bike, though.

Ride safe, within your comfort zone, but don't worry about what rpm's. That's what I do with all new bikes and never had one fail.

Just make sure you don't go over your head. (If everything is like going by too fast, *over-your-head.*** )

I guess everybody has their different methods of "break in". I figure I'll just play it safe, I'll be over 400 miles today. Might just wait for that first oil change at 600 then see what she's got :)

After one hundred miles, I rode the bike hard, but within my limits, which were narrow being on a new bike.

)

That's pretty much exactly what I do and I've never had any problems yet!

I managed to get out today but only managed about 30 miles before it started pouring down :shame:

Weather should be better this week so I should be able to get some miles racked up :)

Thursday : 7pm-11pm 270 miles
Friday: New tires in the morning, 120 miles in the afternoon
Saturday: 7am-8pm 389 miles all twisties
Sunday: 8am-7pm 260 miles all twisties
Monday : 10am - 5pm 320 miles
1359 Miles since Thursday.
Tomorrow... back to Boone...

Thursday : 7pm-11pm 270 miles
Friday: New tires in the morning, 120 miles in the afternoon
Saturday: 7am-8pm 389 miles all twisties
Sunday: 8am-7pm 260 miles all twisties
Monday : 10am - 5pm 320 miles
1359 Miles since Thursday.
Tomorrow... back to Boone...

lol, that is almost 50% of what I have put on mine since July. I love riding, but strangely enough, I like spending time with my wife too. Things may change if I can get her in to it.

Last edited:
lol, that is almost 50% of what I have put on mine since July. I love riding, but strangely enough, I like spending time with my wife too. Things may change if I can get her in to it.

I do believe however that Aaron is not at home but in Virginia at the moment which gives him more time to ride. I've seen his blog and am sure that he also spends alot of time with his honey. After all, they're still Newlyweds!!! VA had better get all his riding in now before little Aaron comes along and bites into his riding schedule, just ask BroHay!

Sadly been working on other peoples bikes this weekend, a CBR900 & CBR954. Racked up just over 110 miles this weekend. Had just nuff fuel to ride to work. Where I will be stuck at till 11pm. Yippie...
img129.jpg

img128.jpg

Rained out last week, all the way up to today. Two possible days were in there, but got to do other things with the wife. Just great.

Mt. Hamilton observatory nerds have this web cam, looks good now, but it was snowy up there this morning. This is on my loop looking W, toward San Jose CA.

Lick Observatory, Current Webcam Images

you sure you did not forget a decimal point????

Guess you made up for lost time.....and ready for another trip to cyclegear for more tires?

Back