Would I be crazy....

Woohoo! Ride report! Ride report!

:)

I can tell you the power difference is very noticeable. Not really a bad thing just taking some getting used to. I found my self redlining it several times on the way home from the shop today. Never did that on my FZ1 except when I wanted to make some noise.

I am hoping to get 100 - 150 miles on her tomorrow morning.

I almost got the 25th anniversary edition when I got the 6R. It was just a bit too much $$$ for me at the time, still regret it! It was brand freaking new!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:
Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

Nice Bike Brad!!

I would have done that deal in a heartbeat. I love the look of the bike in touring trim myself.
I am a fan of riding the "Not so fast" looking bike faster than the people around me. lol

You can tell who ever had it before you was serious about riding and enjoying many miles of seat time at once.

Best of luck with it.
I want to get bags for mine now. Just to go faster. :stirpot:

Would I be crazy again if I....

....bought a 2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC (ABS) used with ony 57 miles on it?

15809d1377694910-would-i-crazy-img_0105_zps4bb4fb68.jpg

Not a done deal yet but it was rated 2012s best adventure bike and that is the route I am heading...

The VFR would be put up for sale if I go through with it.

I have actually driven one before. It is very, very comfy. Tall but not as tall as the DRZ which I throw around like a rag doll now. I am used to a high seat height.

I was actually thinking about a BMW F800 GSA(adventure) but that would cost me another $4500 and not net me any advantage.

I am thinking of adding a big dual sport to the garage as well and those tigers look great and get great reviews but I am also looking at the super tenere. Have you ridden the triumph and the big yamaha? If so could you give us a ride report? I like the idea of the super tenere simply because it would be easy to load up and put the wife on the back and go for a weekend or lighten up the luggage and head out to the coast range with some buddies and do some back country riding. One thing is for sure, that triumph sure is sexy!

Back