Would you buy one again?

I DID buy one again. Had a 2009 that I loved, but received an offer that I could not refuse. So I found a 2008 and bought it and still have it.

Someone asked me why I didn't try something different. Well before choosing the FZ1, I must have done demo rides on over 100 different motorcycles. And out of all those - I chose the FZ1. In my opinion, it is a fantastic motorcycle. It looks great, runs great, handles very well, and has amazing power. I am truly happy with the bike and have no plans of getting rid of it in the forseeable future.

Ohhh! I totally get it now. :)

I've had a few bikes that didn't go into first gear properly in that situation. I always found that a little revs and releasing the clutch lever slightly would get it in gear almost every time.

Pretty much all I've owned have done this at one time or another.

I enjoy mine so much that when mine was totalled by my Insurance Co., I bought it back from them and repaired it to the point that shes as good lookin as new, and much better performing.

Definately plan on the usual mods (airbox, filter, AIS, pipe, CS sprocket, PC & IVANS ECU).

Oh, and Ive had mine for over 45,000 miles.

terdog-albums-pics-picture3896-joe-tahoe-068.jpg

I like that black one a lot. Although that muffler isn't stock, I though they still had the silver end cap and heat shield on the muffler until '11.

They did... these were either replaced or painted.

Maybe vandal_xx will throw a pic up of what I did to his bike. ;)

***EDIT*** When he came over for the TB sync, I saw his OEM cannon wasn't in good shape... the bike had been low-sided and the exhaust took the worst of it. So I swapped him out for my 400 mile new can that I'd already blacked out the caps on.

Last edited:
Yeah, FZ1 4 EVA. No, but really I love this bike. FZ1inNH set me up with a spare pipe for my bunged up one.

I have almost 26K on mine and I put 20K on it in the last 2 seasons and I still love it. So reliable and cheap for parts. The choice is clear for me FZ1 again for sure.

Last edited:
Just got a new chain & sprockets at 24k miles. The beast pulled up the front wheel on me shifting into second. I've never done that before.

I won't get rid of my bike till it gives up the ghost

Back