Yamaha Sport Scoops

I got some new tools today and will see if I can get the bolt out of the left side.
I will let you know tomorrow.

The carbonfiber faring inserts would be a big hit I would think I know I would get a set if you made them.

You will need to figure out how your going to mound them as well as they have a spacer on the back side that bolts to the radiator.
That spacer and the screw on the front is whats stuck.

I will take some pix tomorrow aswell to show you what im talking about.

Well I got the bolt out and got a phone call while I was out there working on it and my bike is going to be in a photo shoot on the 18th of this month so I will need to keep the scoops till after I get back.

Will have pix up in a min.

Here are the pix of the spacer.

003-8.jpg

004-8.jpg

005-7.jpg

006-6.jpg

007-5.jpg

008-3.jpg

I really like the look of these too. Is it mostly for aesthetics/looks or do you think they will block some wind off your lower body as well? I am thinking about those rides on chilly NoCal days. OK, maybe not chilly compared to you East Coasters but compared to AZ it gets chilly

I really like the look of these too. Is it mostly for aesthetics/looks or do you think they will block some wind off your lower body as well? I am thinking about those rides on chilly NoCal days. OK, maybe not chilly compared to you East Coasters but compared to AZ it gets chilly

I seriously doubt these will block the wind much, if at all. For wind protection you probably need the factory full fairings like these:

x30_46c588da1cb54.jpg

You have to take into consideration that very very few tires only fit one specific model and even if it did, each unit of production is going to need several sets of tires if it's ridden. When it comes to replacement parts such as fairings, wheels, etc. there is always going to be some need for replacement but no where near the quantity of parts that have a short life time. When you look at the production of the American FZ1, it's amazing the parts aren't more. I have a 2007 Dodge Ram that I had to replace the rear bumper on and it cost almost $1000 and they made a tone of those things.

I had mixed feelings about these until i saw them on jlewis's bike. they look great with the copperdog windscreen. I would definitely be interested in a set if you can get some made. :tup:

Still interested in how this turns out and interested in a set of glass ones. :D

Some guy on the FZ6 forum is casting parts and making a set of Two Bros type cans for his FZ6. He's got some kick-ass skills! The mock-up looks fantastic!

As Jlewis said he is boxing them up to send to me. I am going to be making molds for just the radiator shrouds this week. Will then make covers out of CF. We are thinking of making them so that they apply with double sided tape. They will fit right over the existing shrouds. This will eliminate the two visible screw heads. Make them a little more slick looking.

I am also looking for a cheap pair of the fairing inserts. Going to try to make them out of CF as well. I may have a lead on a pair of those.

I will keep everyone posted.

Back