YZF1000 Build Has Started!

Have you ever thought about taking it to NJMP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your talking!

I guess I would have to "prep" it for the track and that's a lot of work for something that I'm not really going to do very often. And to tell you the truth after all the time and effort (not to mention $$$) I have dumped into this bike I would be devastated if I dropped it at the track.

You would only need to tape the lights. Half hour tops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't I have to drain the antifreeze and replace it with water as well? What about safety wiring the oil filter and drain plug?

And I guess another big issue is that I would have to invest in a one piece leather suit ( I never felt the need to have one for street riding).

Well some nice Synto levers showed up today for the YZF1000. These are imported from Germany and quality is at least as good as (if not better) than Pazzo's. Not putting them on the bike right away as I need to rebuild the clutch master cylinder first.

attachment.php

attachment.php

This thread hasn't had any updates in a very long time. YZF didn't see much action last year.

Just last week I scored an brand new steering damper for it for only $75! It's a Lockhart Daytona model, which is long discontinued, but who cares since it's new. I had been looking for a steering damper for quite a while, but wasn't willing to spend the money on a new one. Not too many manufactures still making parts for this bike.

Will post some pics when it gets installed ;)

Well today the YZF finally came out of hibernation. So far this year I had only ridden the FZ1 and the Hawk GT. Made sure the battery was fully charged and she fired right up. Quick cleaning and she's all ready to go for a little ride tomorrow morning:

attachment.php

Also installed some new black gel grips. Didn't care too much fro the red/black ones I had on there. The brake and clutch levers got replaced as well (yet again). The Synto levers I had on there were very nice, but I just couldn't get used to shorty levers on this bike. Went with some Chinese knockoffs. Typically I stay away from stuff like that, but these are actually very well made and the fit was perfect. They have what they call a 3-D effect where the finish is not smooth, but rather it has little ridges. I got silver since it matches the bike well and they can't really fade since they are already silver :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

Well today the YZF finally came out of hibernation. So far this year I had only ridden the FZ1 and the Hawk GT. Made sure the battery was fully charged and she fired right up. Quick cleaning and she's all ready to go for a little ride tomorrow morning:

attachment.php

Also installed some new black gel grips. Didn't care too much fro the red/black ones I had on there. The brake and clutch levers got replaced as well (yet again). The Synto levers I had on there were very nice, but I just couldn't get used to shorty levers on this bike. Went with some Chinese knockoffs. Typically I stay away from stuff like that, but these are actually very well made and the fit was perfect. They have what they call a 3-D effect where the finish is not smooth, but rather it has little ridges. I got silver since it matches the bike well and they can't really fade since they are already silver :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

The bike looks great Tony! Tell me how much you want for the Shorty Levers!!! I've been wanting a nice set. Have a great ride today!

Tony, you need a much bigger place with a huge stable for all these iron horses. And they all look like showroom pieces!

Well done!! Still :drools: over the smoker build. :wow:

Well rode 140 miles in about three hours this morning. It was getting way too hot to be on the bike by the time I was heading back home.

Every time I take this bike out it puts a mile on my face. Doesn't have the power of the FZ1, but it has more than enough to get you into serious trouble ;) Might be "old tech", but it's such a fun bike and fairly comfortable with plenty of usable power.

Couple of pics from today when I stopped to rest for a few minutes:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back