YZF1000 Build Has Started!

I had already found a used one for the other side that was in really nice shape so now I'm all set.

Tell me about it! Between the salt and the potholes the roads are a mess. I wont even think about taking out either one of the bikes until April...lol

I hear ya. Thats why today I'm stripping the bike down and bringing the tank and entire tail section to be repaired and painted. Even if it takes him a couple of weeks it's okay. At least come April the bike will look brand new and actually have more than one lousy coat of base paint. My tail section is a mess! I have the factory "Yamaha" tank decals arriving next week. He's going to clear them over on the tank. I hear he's really good with repairing dents and such.

I had already found a used one for the other side that was in really nice shape so now I'm all set.

Tell me about it! Between the salt and the potholes the roads are a mess. I wont even think about taking out either one of the bikes until April...lol

Rode all three bikes this week. Cleaned the FZ twice. Pissed off the wife with two gears of roosting across the back yard with the furry beast. "If I see it in the yard again I'll knock them all over."

Well today I finally got motivated to put all the tail panels back of the the bike. I also dropped the battery in it and it fired right up. It pays to treat the gas with Seafoam before you store the bike for the Winter ;)

Didn't have a chance to go for a ride as it was getting cold and dark by the time I finished. Rolled it out and took a few pics with my cell phone to better show off the Puig double-bubble windscreen :D

It looks great Tony. I was actually online just now on the Cyclegear Website looking for some tank pads. If they had some ProGrips in stock I would have drove over tomorrow morning to pick one up and also drop off your stuff to you. The only problem is that they close at 6pm so I can't call to see if they have them in stock. I don't feel like driving an hour down there to find out they don't have it so I'm scrapping those plans. I'll be waiting for you tomorrow morning.

Finally!

So after many months of searching I finally scored a red fender on eBay last week. It was a little dirty and had a couple of stress cracks on it, but some epoxy (on the back side) and some cleaner wax got it looking decent again. Paid only about 1/3 the cost of a new one so I'm happy. Bike originally came with with a black fender, but in '97 the YZF600, which shared front fenders, came with a red one. To me it just looks so much better with the red fender. Some before and after shots...Enjoy ;)

Before:
attachment.php

attachment.php

After:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I looks great Tony! The red is much better, and flows with the rest of the bodywork.

I can't tell you how much nicer it looks with the red one Tony. It really puts all the lines in order now. Great score there buddy! Now we have to start riding!!!

Thanks guys. To this day I don't understand why it didn't come from the factory with the red fender, especially since Yamaha already had it in it's parts arsenal. Oh and I did take it for a little ride yesterday. Was my first ride of the season so I didn't go too far or push it too hard...triple digit speeds just happen too easily on this bike ;)

Yosh RS3 Slip-on

Well came across a Yosh RS-3C slip-on and decided to pick it up. It's ss with a carbon fiber end cap. It was brand new and I got it for a great price :) It's longer than the Remus I had on there, but I like it better. Goes well with the bike IMHO and sounds great. Didn't get to really ride it so I'm not sure if it's going to be too loud w/o the dbkiller in place. I left it out for now...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Back