ECUnleashed in Oz

I just got an email from Egg, a guy from ECUnleashed, who tells me that they have just signed up ontwowheels as an ECUnleashed Authorized Tuning Center for Australia. Their located at:

304 Queen Street
Campbelltown NSW 2560

Phone: 02 4625 7518
Fax: 02 4628 4840
Email: [email protected]

I'll be checking them out when I get home! :D

There is at least one issue in the 07-09 ECUs that simply can not be tuned out with a PC3 or PC5. I have not heard anywhere if the reflashing of the ECU will fix the issue. I have not found these issues in the 2010 Euro ECU that I run now. If you talk to those guys, point them to this graph and see it they know about it and have fixed it. If not, the only option may be running a later ECU and tuning it with a MAP based PC5 tune. It all depends on what their capabilities are.

http://www.ncs-stl.com/pc5wb/SteppingAFR.jpg

Beast

Sounds to me like your wallet being unleashed with cash for a bit of paper to make it all seem like good value

Hi Ballmead,

I wouldnt spend a cent with those fockers.

I used to work for them many years ago when they just, started out.

Had to move interstate and got ripped blind on bike sales commisions.

As my dear departed dad said , if you cant say anything nice, say nothing, so I wont but take the hint ;)

There is at least one issue in the 07-09 ECUs that simply can not be tuned out with a PC3 or PC5. I have not heard anywhere if the reflashing of the ECU will fix the issue. I have not found these issues in the 2010 Euro ECU that I run now. If you talk to those guys, point them to this graph and see it they know about it and have fixed it. If not, the only option may be running a later ECU and tuning it with a MAP based PC5 tune. It all depends on what their capabilities are.

http://www.ncs-stl.com/pc5wb/SteppingAFR.jpg

Beast

I disagree Andy. The reflash "wipes" the old programming out if you will. If it can make my old '06 ECU work better than '10 ECU they got the process dialed in.

Again the reflash addresses much more than only fuel trim, it address the entire operation of the motor.

Hellgate

It is unlikely they rewrite the entire code. More likely they are just looking at the individual tables that control all sorts of things. There may be any number of tables that control the main fuel alone.

They could have 6 tables alone to fuel MAP based for each gear and then 6 more for TPS based correction in each gear

They could do the same thing for timing, secondary throttle control, wheelie control.... there could easily be several hundred of these tables. Some more important in making a bike drive well and others more obscure.

Some of these may be fairly easy to figure out what they do and others my be impossible to ever figure out.

The there are things that may be hard coded into the code. Say the engineers determined that the starters will never spin the motor faster than say 300 RPM and they never have an idle slower that say 900 RPM. They may elect to put the RPM to transition from start mode at 600 RPM. That may not be in any table and may be in the base code. You may never find that one. It goes on and on. Google RomRaider. That is the guys hacking the rice cars like Subaru STI. Hondata does this stuff on the Hondas.

I have a ton of respect for the guys that do this stuff. Much of the tuning I do is on MegaSquirt where almost every table is well documented and most have full graphical access from the tuning software. Some are still buried deep in the base code and can only be changed by decompiling the base code.

In the case of ECUnleashed, you are at the mercy of the guys finding all of the pieces and getting the settings perfect for your combination. I will grant you that if your combination is dialed in with their tweaking SW the results can be stunning.

Have fun tuning

Beast

Why so many of you bitch about the 06 ECU?, besides a slight throttle hesitation which is present on all FZ1 07-11 ECU. My bike with a FCE, PC3 and a good map is as sweet as any superbike ive ridden or owned, sorry to get of the topic of "reflashing", my 2c this is a waste of time & $$$ on an FZ1 maybe a ZX10R racebike i could understand. This bloke has already confirmed a PC is needed to fine-tune the fuelling and to blend together the mods. A PC, IM or FCE can be removed and sold on to recoupe $$$. I would be interested in the costs involved in "reflashing", i have read on the other forum US$350-500 for this procedure and sending the ECU away?, heck I just scored a new Yoshi full-system for not much more...

We are an ECUnleashed Tuning Center, and we deal with this a lot. The reflash eliminates many of the factory restrictions that the factory must put in to mitigate legal and emissions issues. None of these restrictions are available for change via any fuel management system (Power Commander, Bazzaz, etc), they must be changed at the ECU. You will still need a fuel management system to "dial-in" your bike, but you can get away without it if you really wanted to.

We do not re-write the entire file, we manipulate the areas that need work: Timing, closed-loop systems, deceleration maps, acceleration and gear limiters, speed limiters, an so on...

I hope this helps a little, and feel free to ask questions.

What are your costs for a Gen II FZ1? Do you have the flash prepared for a 2007, 8 and 9 model year? If I was to walk into your place with the ECU in hand, how long would it take? (I'll be in Port Saint Lucie at the end of the month. :) )

Why so many of you bitch about the 06 ECU?, besides a slight throttle hesitation which is present on all FZ1 07-11 ECU. My bike with a FCE, PC3 and a good map is as sweet as any superbike ive ridden or owned, sorry to get of the topic of "reflashing", my 2c this is a waste of time & $$$ on an FZ1 maybe a ZX10R racebike i could understand. This bloke has already confirmed a PC is needed to fine-tune the fuelling and to blend together the mods. A PC, IM or FCE can be removed and sold on to recoupe $$$. I would be interested in the costs involved in "reflashing", i have read on the other forum US$350-500 for this procedure and sending the ECU away?, heck I just scored a new Yoshi full-system for not much more...

It's $450 in the US.

When we compared my before and after readings on the dyno with the 4 Gas EGA there were no gains to be made in the fuel tables. The differences were 1 points of trim.

So saying it is a "Waste of Money" is not an accurate, it is actually cheaper than buying all of that stuff and getting a custom tune.

Have a nice day.

It's $450 in the US.

When we compared my before and after readings on the dyno with the 4 Gas EGA there were no gains to be made in the fuel tables. The differences were 1 points of trim.

So saying it is a "Waste of Money" is not an accurate

Have a nice day.

Yeah your right mate its a bargain thats why were all rushing out getting "flashed" for little to no-gains as proven on your dyno:tup:.

Yeah your right mate its a bargain thats why were all rushing out getting "flashed" for little to no-gains as proven on your dyno:tup:.

His comparison on the dyno was a stock ecu with a power commander with a custom tune Vs just the reflashed ecu. If you total the cost of the PC ($250 to $300 us) and a custom tune ($250 to around $400) its much cheaper. Not to mention the lower gear restrictions are removed. Something you can't do with the PC alone.

Last edited:

We've all been through this on previous ECU threads and understand that this is NOT a replacement for fuel modules. What we cannot seem to do is make you understand that this is something completely different and does a lot of things that a fuel module and dyno cannot ever do to the FZ1.

Please stop with the sarcastic comments. Your point was made two threads and several months ago. Thanks.

It's $450 in the US.

So saying it is a "Waste of Money" is not an accurate, it is actually cheaper than buying all of that stuff and getting a custom tune.

Have a nice day.

To clarify, when you say differences were 1 points of trim, you mean you didn't require to make any drastic map changes at all? I forgot if you posted the before and after fuel curves. So the only difference you feel is in the throttle response, no fuel cut and full power in the 1-3 gears?

We are an ECUnleashed Tuning Center, and we deal with this a lot. The reflash eliminates many of the factory restrictions that the factory must put in to mitigate legal and emissions issues. None of these restrictions are available for change via any fuel management system (Power Commander, Bazzaz, etc), they must be changed at the ECU. You will still need a fuel management system to "dial-in" your bike, but you can get away without it if you really wanted to.

We do not re-write the entire file, we manipulate the areas that need work: Timing, closed-loop systems, deceleration maps, acceleration and gear limiters, speed limiters, an so on...

I hope this helps a little, and feel free to ask questions.

Patrick, I have an unmodified 08 FZ1, I'm going to fit a K&N filter, Akrapovic slip on this one and a PC5... but if I get the ECUnleashed reflash will I need a PC5? I have the AIS block off plates but I don't know if it would need it with the big akra pipe on there.
I don't plan on upgrading anything else engine wise...
Would the ECUnleashed reflash and (dyno session when fitted) negate the need for a PC5?

Patrick, I have an unmodified 08 FZ1, I'm going to fit a K&N filter, Akrapovic slip on this one and a PC5... but if I get the ECUnleashed reflash will I need a PC5? I have the AIS block off plates but I don't know if it would need it with the big akra pipe on there.
I don't plan on upgrading anything else engine wise...
Would the ECUnleashed reflash and (dyno session when fitted) negate the need for a PC5?

If you carefully read his posts, from what I have seen making mods to my bike, the simple answer is yes you do need a PC5. These bikes are very picky to add-ons. You would not believe the amount of fuel I had to pull from the midrange when I cut my air box. Some things really take you by surprise.

I have learned to never trust the butt dyno as your ears really do influence the opinion of your butt.

If I have a spare 08 ECU and eventually would love to do some hard back to back testing compared to my 2010 Euro ECU and how the 08 behaves before it's hacked. The changes that they do should jump out at me in the data logs.

Beast

Last edited:
Back