FZ1 -07 Turbo (pictures)

Great job! Keep the pics coming. How cool is this to see an FZ1 built from the ground up before our eyes? :tup:

I'm having a bit trouble to get the engine in to the frame since the cylinder head is not in its original position. Will try to fit it in to the frame without tension this time.

IMAG1848.jpg

IMAG1853.jpg

IMAG1854.jpg

I am surprised that the intercooler fits into the space ahead of the rad. It might be a funny reflection in the picture, but it looks like the intercooler has been crushed in by the back of the fender (i hope not). Very interesting project. I'd like to try a small Eaton supercharger like what my Mini Cooper is running.

I am surprised that the intercooler fits into the space ahead of the rad. It might be a funny reflection in the picture, but it looks like the intercooler has been crushed in by the back of the fender (i hope not). Very interesting project. I'd like to try a small Eaton supercharger like what my Mini Cooper is running.

You got great eyes Lee! I looked at the picture and didn't notice the radiator behind the intercooler! I thought it was the radiator! I see what you mean as I also see the cooling fins pressed down in the fender area.

The Turbo looks great. Is that radiator a custom piece?

Oh, by the way, nice YZF as well. What year is that. From the color combo, I'd say it's an 80's model.

Radiator original
Intercooler is a special piece

ic%2520gavel%2520liggande.jpg

IMAG0943.jpg

The YZF 750R is from 1994, I purchased it last summer to do a long trip in Norway and I like it :)

Looking good Mr Helmut

Thats a new detail. The Intercooler has been more modified. Is has been milled in the middle to give more space for the front wheel.

Last edited:
The YZF 750R is from 1994, I purchased it last summer to do a long trip in Norway and I like it :)

Your right, the 90's is when all those colors came out. I remember the late 80's were running those red, white, and blue color schemes alot, plus I think in the late 80's they were FZR's but I could be wrong. Thats a great looking bike though!

Your right, the 90's is when all those colors came out. I remember the late 80's were running those red, white, and blue color schemes alot, plus I think in the late 80's they were FZR's but I could be wrong. Thats a great looking bike though!

Yea, the mid 90s is when Yamaha had all the crazy colors. The late 80s started the FZR series, which lasted into the mid 90s. The the YZF750 was the first of the YZF line and was released in '93, but we didn't get it in the US until '94. Great handling bike at the time. I saw one the other day, but it was a bit "rough".

Now she is alive. Been out on the roads and has tested her on a half hour ride.

Hope to get a second test this week.

I need to buy a steeringdamper to be a bit more safe. During my first test i tried to twist the throttle a bit at 110mph (170km/h) and the front end raised :D I love the bike!

I have seen this ones:

1. The sprint steerindamper. Exactly how I would like to have the damper fitted but my Intercooler is in the way (I think). My intercooler is fitted 5 rows down from the top of the watercooler. Can anyone check how much space it needs?
Yamaha FZ1 Fazer 06-10 Sprint Steering Damper Kit New | eBay

2. GPR. I dont like the position but its relatively neutral color (black) so its okay. Im not sure if it fits in between my handlebar clamps. Anyone know the width of the damper?
Yamaha FZ1 Steering Damper Kit 2006-2011 GPR Stabilizer Version 4 V4 Sport Bike | eBay

3. Bitubo. Good colors and look to be a quality part but the position is not perfect.
CarpiMoto - Bitubo Steering Damper Kit for Yamaha FZ1/Fazer 1000 06- - Yamaha FZ1 Naked 06-

4. Titax. I dont like the position but its relatively neutral color (black) so its okay. Im not sure if it fits in between my handlebar clamps. Anyone know the width of the damper?
Titax Yamaha FZ1 Steering Damper [V147] - NZ $496.00 : Fast Bike Gear

5. Hyperpro. I dont like the position and the colors (gold details) and not to have moving parts were I will maybe will have a bag or something that can get stuck.
HyperPro Yamaha FZ1 Steering Damper 06-08,Hyperpro FZ1 Damper,Sportbike Stabilizers, - Tobefast

6. Matris. Very expensiv and dont think it better then the other ones. Red detail which I dont like.
CarpiMoto - Matris Steering Damper M4R Kit - Yamaha FZ1 Naked 06-

2. GPR. I dont like the position but its relatively neutral color (black) so its okay. Im not sure if it fits in between my handlebar clamps. Anyone know the width of the damper?
Yamaha FZ1 Steering Damper Kit 2006-2011 GPR Stabilizer Version 4 V4 Sport Bike | eBay

I have this installed and love it. Please look at this thread and the measurement you are looking for is in post #27. http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-ii-mods/1584-gpr-stabilizer-install-review.html

Glad to see you have the bike back together and running! :Rockon:

I have this installed and love it. Please look at this thread and the measurement you are looking for is in post #27. http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-ii-mods/1584-gpr-stabilizer-install-review.html

Glad to see you have the bike back together and running! :Rockon:

I will measure and think a bit if it would work. I could not find the width in your thread, only the height? Many thanks for the pictures.

Found a black one that looks nice. (had one on my previously bike Aprilia SXV 550)
$(KGrHqN,!h8E8N+2EfQ9BPN(F5ZNC!~~60_1.JPG

It wont work with the GPR :( unless I mill the handlebar raisers 5mm on each side.

I drive with the bike everyday now and its working great so far :)

IMAG1997.jpg

IMAG1999.jpg

IMAG1989.jpg

Back