FZ1 -07 Turbo (pictures)

Great.

Language not important, watched with awe and admiration for great engineering, well done. I have been in the Motorcycle business for a long time, and know when I am seeing something done properly, and this was.

Looking forward to seeing 2012 mods...

RDZ.

Nice to hear :)

Looking forward to more updates about this project :)

The welder is finished with my turbo and frame now. Paint is next on the schedule. Not that many months to summer now :)

Mr-Helmut.jpg

Last edited:
Frame looks good. Is powder coating readily available to you? I know it's a little more expensive than regular paint, but the finish is much more durable.

Frame looks good. Is powder coating readily available to you? I know it's a little more expensive than regular paint, but the finish is much more durable.

Yes I check with a local powder coat company before I removed the paint so they checked the color and everything before. Tomorrow I have to go 500km to get my frame home from the welder:(

We also added a plate on the bottom side as reinforcement to the seam. Hope everything will work as planed.

Im looking for a steeringdamper. I dont have the space for the damper below so im looking at Hyperpro or GPR. I have had a GPR before and I was not that impressed of the stability of the fitting so im thinking of the Hyperpro but they all have strong colors (I dont like gold and blue things) is there any other damper I have missed?

Last edited:
All you need now is a 250hp clutch. You know, like out of a mustang. All though i find it a little hard to believe that you could stand on that much power. :hellno:

Awesome! How about some close shots of it in the sunlight before it goes together? A lot of us never get to see the "inside" of these frames. Thanks!

All you need now is a 250hp clutch. You know, like out of a mustang. All though i find it a little hard to believe that you could stand on that much power. :hellno:

What do you mean? That it would explode or somthing like that? I have heard that suzuki gsxr 1000 clutches will explode around 300hp. But I have not seen any turbo builds on this engine with alot more hp were anyone has writen was is done to it.

You mean that it wont be rideable?

In the dyno i did not have any problem with my clutch.

I have found a billet clutch but i dont know if its realy needed or not.
clutch-basket-web-ready__54266_zoom.jpg

Looks great! Don't worry about the clutch. It you fry it, then worry about it.

However that billet basket looks great.

Some stronger clutch springs might not be a bad idea. They'll provide extra clamping power with the stock plates. I believe EBC makes some...

Im not worried about the if the spring will hold it togheter. The clutch is modified and the spring ar not original but the clutchbasket is maybe not the strongest version as original.

Back