FZ1 -07 Turbo (pictures)

Can't wait for some new video.

Hopefully I could borrow a camera from some one this summer. Or if a sponsor could give me one :D

I have used the bike on track (go-cart),street and on gravel now and it works fine. Gravel is the only place I dear to rev the engine a bit. On gravel i rises the front wheel at any speed if I twist the throttle a bit.

I have found a leak (pressure tested the system) and at 0,5 bar I had a leak. So I am changing some things get it to work better (hopefully even better then in the dyno). I have boosted it with 1 bar now (on the highway at 100mph) i have seen it in the display before the front wheel lifted :D its like a motard on steroids.

IMAG2057.jpg

IMAG2056.jpg

Got my new steeringdamper now :) I was not to happy that it was not parallel to the handlebar but its okay.
IMAG2202.jpg

And the bike at a small exhibition
IMAG2127.jpg

Have a great summer :)

i do not even begin to understand the time or engineering into this. but it is a great deal, i would not want to be on that bike as i would smear my self and the bike on a good mile of the hwy.

great work, and i envy people who have this talent and the machines to do such.

SICK!! Awesome man, we need MANY more pics, AND videos..!

Thanks.

A movie recorded with a shitty telephone, still wheeling at 200km/h (125mp/h):
Fz1 turbo - YouTube

I have a long time had a problem around 4500rpm. Now I found a text on IVANS fce that fits my problem perfect. Orderd FCE today. Lets hope it will remove the missfiering around 4500rpm when hitting the throttle back on.

Today I built my self a dyno bench to try do find the disturbance in the PC5:D

It was reletively hard to adjust the back brake to adjust the resistance for the engine.

IMAG2381.jpg

I have now installed IVANS FCE and the bike is much nicer to ride.
The problem with drivel around 4500rpm has disappeared when i go off/on the throttle. Now its only when i have the throttle at the same position (0-5% tps) and around atmospheric pressure. Im almost out of ideas but i don't dear to ride it 100% i corners when it behaves like this. I want to take it out on a roadracing track but i cant do it now :(

Any ideas?

A new movie from an evenings attack-touring.
Hjelm åker sakta - YouTube

Mr. Helmet - Usually I can figure out European English writing but I'm puzzled on this one. Can you repost what the problem is? :dontknow:

You wrote Drivel, I'm sure you didn't mean the Ducati. Do you mean driven? Or ridden?

Mr. Helmet - Usually I can figure out European English writing but I'm puzzled on this one. Can you repost what the problem is? :dontknow:

You wrote Drivel, I'm sure you didn't mean the Ducati. Do you mean driven? Or ridden?

Drivel was a new word for me and I did maybe used it wrongly, I was looking for a word that describes the behavior when it misfires and gets to rich on fuel.

When I drive the bike and keeps the throttle at the same position, around 0-5% opening of the throttle and around 4-5000rpm it starts to misfire.

Before I installed the FCE it also did it then I went off/on with the throttle in that region.

wow

That is nuts man... I have a 03 stock FZ1 and it makes my brain melt when i accelerate as hard it it will go... and is hard to keep the wheel down... i couldnt imagine how quick this bike would go in a quarter mile.... or the insane rush it must be to ride....

So.... what will she go up to... and how long does it take to get there....

What values do you refer to?

normally you wanna run lower nearer to an 11:1 air fuel ratio on turbo/supercharged bikes as well as retarding the timing a bit, almost never leaner than 12:1 air fuel ratio preferably. the forced induction doesn't play nice with the temps inside your engine and something will melt down if you run it too long, the combustion chamber temps skyrocket. if you have a dyno available, do some base runs with the afr at 11:1 and that 14.7:1 and see the difference

Last edited:
That is nuts man... I have a 03 stock FZ1 and it makes my brain melt when i accelerate as hard it it will go... and is hard to keep the wheel down... i couldnt imagine how quick this bike would go in a quarter mile.... or the insane rush it must be to ride....

So.... what will she go up to... and how long does it take to get there....

I don't think its super fast, the swing-arm is a little bit to short to hit the throttle at lower gears. But when i reach 60mph its easier to accelerate hard and at 100mph I can hit full throttle. Would be cool to measure a 60-125mph. I will never try the topspeed! But im running original ratio on the sprockets so it should not be that quick. But it still do power wheelies on 6th gear :D

normally you wanna run lower nearer to an 11:1 air fuel ratio on turbo/supercharged bikes as well as retarding the timing a bit, almost never leaner than 12:1 air fuel ratio preferably. the forced induction doesn't play nice with the temps inside your engine and something will melt down if you run it too long, the combustion chamber temps skyrocket. if you have a dyno available, do some base runs with the afr at 11:1 and that 14.7:1 and see the difference

I don't se this as a problem. This is how my AFR curve look like
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-tDmvV_yRbfE/TlF250ogTkI/AAAAAAAAGzw/JTD5hpo7NP4/s1118/Helmut.JPG

Are u used to turbo bikes? Are u used to turbobikes without intercooler?

The bike has been running on the roads for 3000km (1900 miles) now (as turbocharged) without problems except the problem around 4500rpm.

Last edited:
I don't think its super fast, the swing-arm is a little bit to short to hit the throttle at lower gears. But when i reach 60mph its easier to accelerate hard and at 100mph I can hit full throttle. Would be cool to measure a 60-125mph. I will never try the topspeed! But im running original ratio on the sprockets so it should not be that quick. But it still do power wheelies on 6th gear :D

I don't se this as a problem. This is how my AFR curve look like
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-tDmvV_yRbfE/TlF250ogTkI/AAAAAAAAGzw/JTD5hpo7NP4/s1118/Helmut.JPG

Are u used to turbo bikes? Are u used to turbobikes without intercooler?

The bike has been running on the roads for 3000km (1900 miles) now (as turbocharged) without problems except the problem around 4500rpm.

Hi mate

Congratulations on the turbo swap, it looks great.

Even without an intercooler, the AFRs presented on that chart are safe and reasonable for a modest climate. As you have an intercooler there is definitely no problem.

Although modern bikes have a relatively high static CR, CC profiles provide efficient burn without hotspots and high performance cam profiles provide dynamic CRs that suit turbocharging quite well.

Combine this with low load / high RPM operation and you should be able to run that AFR with no problems. A little extra fuel can help keep combustion temperatures down but without any testing to show it is needed I'd be happy to keep at it.

Longer gearing will make a great improvement to your bike, also adding a very small amount to the length of the swingarm will help stop wheelies and not make it look silly like the 6, 8, 10, 12 inch extensions most people seem to use on drag bikes.

I wouldn't mind another turbo bike one day, but they're a bit impractical :)

21855_326181537882_1658717_n.jpg
12950_193947972882_5327244_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhhhaahhaahaha thats fookin awesome so wanted to do that to mine for so long but need the cash and dont know of any good tuners in perth closest one 2-3 hours away. would be fun freakin out the rice burners
take it easy on that lil meanie!

Back