FZ1 Temperature Light...on/off???

Get a compression tester at harbor freight/amazon/auto parts store etc. Take out the spark plugs hold the throttle wide open and crank until the pressure maxes out. That is then the reading. Do all 4 cylinders.

Since the problems occurred shortly after the carb work it would not be surprising if that's where the issue is.

Ok. That would mean the piston is shot if no compression?

I haven’t called any dealers. I guess I’m not going to a dealer just gonna buy one off of someone.

I added new oil and oil filter cranked it up and would NOT start!

at this point I can’t keep spending money on this bike 1600 in 5 months with THE BIKE DYING… at least I know more about bikes now so I’m better aware of WHAT NOT to buy!!

I haven’t called any dealers. I guess I’m not going to a dealer just gonna buy one off of someone.

I added new oil and oil filter cranked it up and would NOT start!

at this point I can’t keep spending money on this bike 1600 in 5 months with THE BIKE DYING… at least I know more about bikes now so I’m better aware of WHAT NOT to buy!!

It's a hard way to learn but it definitely works! I always learn more from my eff ups than when a job goes without a hitch...

One question… Would a bad carb cause gas to drip in to the oil if it’s overfilling?
I have never heard of that happening since the Carbs should be mixing the fuel with air and pumping into the valve at the top of the motor. The piston rings should be keeping the gas in the chamber for the ignition. No Gasoline should be getting to the Oil.

If the piston rings are bad you might get some gasoline past them, but that would be unlikely.

I have never heard of that happening since the Carbs should be mixing the fuel with air and pumping into the valve at the top of the motor. The piston rings should be keeping the gas in the chamber for the ignition. No Gasoline should be getting to the Oil.

If the piston rings are bad you might get some gasoline past them, but that would be unlikely.

Ok so now I am somewhat confused... So where should I start to look to try and at least figure out what I am facing... I said I wouldn't fix it anymore but that might changed depending....

Ok so now I am somewhat confused... So where should I start to look to try and at least figure out what I am facing... I said I wouldn't fix it anymore but that might changed depending....
You confirmed there was gasoline in the oil right?

Check this out:

a badly adjusted carburetor, can send too much gas into the carburetor. And, the overflow will eventually, wash down the cylinder walls and into your oil pan. This also tends to foul the spark plugs. Thus, one way to check for this problem is, to pull one of plugs and look for blackening on it. It could have a washed look as well. Cars that are more than ten years old, usually have mechanical fuel pumps.

So, is your vehicle’s engine is running with, a stuttering or knocking sound. Then, it is possible that, one cylinder is not firing correctly. Consequently, leading to gas condensing in the faulty cylinder and draining into your oil pan. Accurately diagnosing this problem, requires some specialized testing equipment and needs to be done by a trained mechanic.

Driving with a blown head gasket, can easily ruin the engine, leading to costly repairs. You can run a compression test on your engine. Then, if there is a leak in the head gasket, the compression will be lower than expected.
So, The First Things To Check Are:
  • Mechanical fuel pumps.
  • Spark plugs.
  • Badly adjusted carburetor (Gas could also leak into your intake manifold, if there is a carburetor problem).
  • Low compression.
  • Blown head gasket.
If I recall correctly you said the bike runs poorly, so it could be that one of your cylinders is not firing and in that case the gas would not be igniting and could get past the rings into the crankcase. A compression check on each cylinder would be a very good place to start and since you will have to pull the plugs to do that you can check them to see if one is fouled or wet.

I am still dumbfounded by the photo you shared of what looked like grease rubbed all over the outside of some part of the bike....

That grease is actually gasket maker I put to stop the oil leaks.

If I read that correctly my carbs might be the culprit. If the compression is good it’s the carbs??

Ok! I am going to home to check the compression on each cylinder.

I will be a little more relaxed if the compression comes back good!

Then I will pull the carbs and clean them!!
After reading Klurejr post it makes sense that if the compression is good and carbs are bad it’s able to leak down into the cylinder.

This will be such a Blessing!!

🤞🏽💯

Ok! I am going to home to check the compression on each cylinder.

I will be a little more relaxed if the compression comes back good!

Then I will pull the carbs and clean them!!
After reading Klurejr post it makes sense that if the compression is good and carbs are bad it’s able to leak down into the cylinder.

This will be such a Blessing!!

🤞🏽💯
I look forward to seeing what you discover. The extra fuel from the carbs would not necessarily be due to them needing to be cleaned, but more likely due to improper jetting. That means the jets are letting too much fuel into the mixture. Check the plugs when you do the compression test to see if they are wet and oily looking (fouled) - if there are then yes too much fuel. If they are dry and a brown color then it is not too much fuel.

This link has some good info and pictures to help with identifying the state of the plugs:

Ok. Compression Test along with the Plugs were good!

After taking the plugs out and testing the cylinders I put everything back and BAM it started right up! I was shocked so I let it idle for 10 mins and drove it around the block several times hitting the power band..

It’s still leaking a little bit and it may be coming from the front sprocket area ( didn’t take it off to see yet ) could it leak from there?

I might drive it to work on Thursday 🤷🏽‍♂️

Ok. Compression Test along with the Plugs were good!

After taking the plugs out and testing the cylinders I put everything back and BAM it started right up! I was shocked so I let it idle for 10 mins and drove it around the block several times hitting the power band..

It’s still leaking a little bit and it may be coming from the front sprocket area ( didn’t take it off to see yet ) could it leak from there?

I might drive it to work on Thursday 🤷🏽‍♂️

I am not surprised the compression tested fine. It is what I was expecting actually.

Back