New member welcome thread...

Howdy all...

Name is Mat. I'm located in Colorado. I used to ride and race R1's, but I'm getting too old to be bending over the tank like that. LOL! So, I figured what the heck and looked into getting an FZ1. I just purchased a beautiful 2009 FZ1-S that only has 5400 miles on it. :) I figured it would probably be a good idea to find a good forum with information and such like I used to get with my R1's. Glad to be here!

Hey there , Been off and on . Needed to change my password . Never listed myself as “ New Member “ so here it goes
Denver canyon rider , awhile ago a shop guy said “ why don’t you just go get a R1 “ …that was 6 years ago And i still have my 2007 raven FZ1
I would say “ all “ of the normal items to move the bike to more sporty done . Scorpion pipe, Rear pegs and center stand removed , Healtec quick shifter ( love this one ) , Power Commander, Lowered bars , Penski rear shock, Fren Tubo Stainless Brake lines … This year winter mods, Race Tech front springs, Rear Sets I am sure I forgot a bunch but you get the idea . Very capable , great Bikes for sure !
Be Safe
John in Denver

Attachments

• C7F1998E-3BD3-4DDF-8259-0F096529FD57.jpeg
    C7F1998E-3BD3-4DDF-8259-0F096529FD57.jpeg
    28.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Hey there , Been off and on . Needed to change my password . Never listed myself as “ New Member “ so here it goes
Denver canyon rider , awhile ago a shop guy said “ why don’t you just go get a R1 “ …that was 6 years ago And i still have my 2007 raven FZ1
I would say “ all “ of the normal items to move the bike to more sporty done . Scorpion pipe, Rear pegs and center stand removed , Healtec quick shifter ( love this one ) , Power Commander, Lowered bars , Penski rear shock, Fren Tubo Stainless Brake lines … This year winter mods, Race Tech front springs, Rear Sets I am sure I forgot a bunch but you get the idea . Very capable , great Bikes for sure !
Be Safe
John in Denver

John - Welcome from another Denver area rider. I'm new to CO and didn't even know we had any type of canyons to ride around here. LOL Then again, I just got my FZ1 last Wednesday. I used to ride and race R1's. I love them, however, now I'm too old to be breaking my back and wrists trying to ride them. I've only taken the FZ1 out once since I've gotten it and I have to say that I'm absolutely in love with it and wish I got one earlier. Love being able to sit up and enjoy the ride without my wrists and back hurting after the ride. :)

Anyway, be safe and keep the rubber side down. Nice ride!

I am a returning member. I originally had a Gen1 black 2002 FZ1 and rode in Orlando, FL area. I am currently splitting time between Southern Cal and Louisville, KY and have a 2008 FZ1 in retro colors and a 2016 Kawasaki KLR650.

Attachments

• 20190203_165227.jpg
    20190203_165227.jpg
    15.5 MB · Views: 3
  • 20201010_153523.jpg
    20201010_153523.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 2
Hi Guys, Girls

My name is Keith, I'm getting my FZ1n delivered today its a 2010 so i think that makes it a Gen 2 doenst it?.

last bike was a 1998 Bandit 600, fell off broke it!! and fractured my spine......the less said about that the better though ;-)

i've been riding for around 4 yrs and cant wait to get on my FZ1, its completely standard and all Black, i'll be looking to modify the airbox and change the standard can at a later date but for the moment just want to get used to 1000cc and around twice the power of the 600cc Suzuki bandit.

looking forward to having a good laugh with you on the forum and picking your brains.

All the best, God bless

Keith

Hi all, Glad to be here. Finally added on to my stable, started with my 2006 FZ6 and now added a 2007 FZ1 and can’t be more excited to get out and put this bike to the test. Have only one week of riding so far and still can’t stop smiling. It was a little modified when I purchased the FZ1 with a power commander and a quick shifter, which I thought was a little silly for the street until I got on it and wow!!! Lots of fun.
Greetings
Will

Attachments

• 0894C867-868D-4553-A3BD-AE90AC3CECD8.jpeg
    0894C867-868D-4553-A3BD-AE90AC3CECD8.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 8
Hi everyone it’s Dan here.

From Singapore, which is a little Island near to the equator. If you guys know this place then it won’t be strange that you know the car prices here are ridiculous! And that’s why:

Got my FZ1S 2014 in all black last week. She’s pretty much stock and I removed boxes and racks that the previous owner had fixed on her (might put them back on if I decide to tour)

Always wanted something sporty but I feel I’m too tall for sport bikes so the FZ is quite a good compromise, can happily say she’s growing onto me. I used to ride a Honda Silverwing and started out with a Kawasaki KRR150.

For work I’m a commercial pilot and in my free time I’m currently window shopping for mods to be done on the bike.

Shopping around for exhausts but due to some local regulations I’ve only got Bodis and Leo Vince for options. Any thoughts or advice?
Shopping around for exhausts but due to some local regulations I’ve only got Bodis and Leo Vince for options. Any thoughts or advice?

Looking forward to learn more from everyone here.

Safe rides and clear skies

B325AF1F-2F71-40FF-B415-803F1550A73E.jpeg

Hey guys!! New member ...just got my 05 FZ1 home tonight...has 41K miles on it....best 35 minutes i've spent in the last 2 years!!!

ebd1QUp.jpg

Bonjour!
I'm Sebastien, from Quebec, Canada. Just got a 2008 FZ1 with 58000 km (36250 miles), all stock, except for the Givi side cases (SW Motech quick release rack), a larger windscreen and a Corbin seat. Had it two weeks ago and, wow, what a great bike! Nice upgrade from my previous 2007 Versys 650 and the 2005 V-Strom 650 I had before that...I'v been racing motocross all my youth, and now with this bike I can experience the feeling of arm-stretching acceleration from those days!... I love it!
I don't find the bike to be ''snatchy''...maybe my Versys was so bad at it that the FZ1 feels ok by comparison...
I'v ordered a Satan's bracket to fit a R1 shock soon, and I plan to ship my ECU to Yvan's for a reflash next winter...
I have also replaced my rotor from a unit from RM Stator, for peace of mind.
One thing I don't like is the windscreen; it cause turbulence on my helmet (I have a long torso), so I'm looking for a shorter one...
Thanks for adding me on this forum full of information!
Sebas

Attachments

• IMG_6959.JPG
    IMG_6959.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6963.JPG
    IMG_6963.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6968.JPG
    IMG_6968.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 11
Hi folks. New member as well; I'm from Switzerland, and I joined the FZ1 family a few weeks ago. I used to ride cruisers, and haven't had a bike in the last 10 years, so of course I'm very happy to jump into the hobby again.

I got the European naked version, the FZ1 N, with barely 29'000 km on it (some 18K miles). It's pretty much stock, except it has some horrible bar end round mirrors which I'm replacing with arrows as soon as they arrive. I installed a tank and a top case (to prepare for my first 10-day ride, at the end of summer), and I'm awaiting delivery of a windshield which I'll install just for the long trip; after that it goes back to the stock short screen.

FZ1.jpeg

Here are the mirrors coming my way:

mirrors.jpeg

I don't mind the round mirrors, but I can't stand that little faded red, bubble-shaped bar end. It wasn't very easy to find something that fits: I don't know if the previous owner replaced the bar or if it's stock, but it's an aluminium bar with an internal diameter of 12mm (instead of the more standard 13mm/1/2"-18mm/3/4"):

photo_2022-06-19 09.39.37.jpeg

The windshield for long rides is this one. The reason I chose this is that it comes with a bracket that screws on the original's holes. At the end of each long trip, it's just 4 screws and back to the stock short shield.

BY120HPFG.jpeg

It looks pretty tall, but it's only about 20cm/8" bigger than the original.

Looking forward to the next couple of years with this bike.

Good afternoon, everyone!

My name is Jin and I live in Oregon, USA. I recently acquired this beautiful '05 FZ1 in Silver. Previous owner took exceptional care of it, it's hard to even find a scratch.

I am looking forward to learning as much as I can from experienced members on this forum!

PXL_20220626_205142357.jpg

New FZ1 owner (07 w/ naked conversion) just checking in! Picked her up last week and currently trying to sort out some electrical issues, i.e. indicator wiring and trying to find out why the brake only lights up with the foot brake! Electrical issues are my kryptonite, but I'm learning... a little! :D

Started riding right before my 50th b-day (just turned 54) and fell in love! Spent a year on a Ninja 300 and, foolishly, thought I was ready for a "real bike". Spent the next 4 years, and just over 24k, on the F4i but got tired of constantly removing the fairings for maintenance. Dabbled with a couple of Triumphs for a few weeks but just didn't feel the love. A few FZ1 YT vids caught my eye and here I am!

Will drop a pic once I have her put back together!

Back