New member welcome thread...

Hello all!
My names Chris,
I got my FZ1 a few months ago in February, absolutely fell in love with it! But something was off about the front end to me. Then i saw the FZ1-N and i knew i had to have it! So i scrounged up all the pennies i could and finally got it, and installed it yesterday! That mixed with a Yoshi slip, and a K&N drop in with the airbox mod on It is a whole new animal!! I will get some more photos as the new bar and levers come in!

5639104037_61f5777cd4.jpg
[/url]
DSC_0493 by Boostedegg, on Flickr[/IMG]

Ok here goes.

From SUNNY AZ via SoCal.

Been riding 45 years mostly motocross and offroad.

Had two streetbikes I luved--1980 Kaw KZ750 and 1987 Hurricane 600.

Haven't had a streetbike since I lost the 'Cane two other bikes, car and a buncha packrat crap in a tragic garage fire in 2003.

Been married once, no kids but five pets.

Current toys:

CRF450
KTM520 EXC
XR100
Seadoo GSX Limited
Seadoo GTX Limited

Gary

Welcome both Gary and Chris. Glad to have you guys along. Chris, the bike looks awesome. Remember to check out our monthly contest here.

greetings...

just purchased a '09 Fz1 as a leftover. coming off of a '01 Bandit 1200cc that i managed to put 37k miles on it. She still runs like a champ (can't kill that gsx1100 air cooled motor). anyway, the deal on the '09 Fz1 was too good not to pass up and so far i'm very impressed with this bike. needless to say i'm loving my 'upgrade'.

this will be my second yami... i had a Seca 550 years ago and have run the spectrum of ownership from honda, kawi, suzk now back to yami.

i hail from Wilmington, DE and i'm looking for info and possible mods for my new bike; if i come across a few friendly folks to ride with then that would certainly be a bonus.

greetings...

just purchased a '09 Fz1 as a leftover. coming off of a '01 Bandit 1200cc that i managed to put 37k miles on it. She still runs like a champ (can't kill that gsx1100 air cooled motor). anyway, the deal on the '09 Fz1 was too good not to pass up and so far i'm very impressed with this bike. needless to say i'm loving my 'upgrade'.

this will be my second yami... i had a Seca 550 years ago and have run the spectrum of ownership from honda, kawi, suzk now back to yami.

i hail from Wilmington, DE and i'm looking for info and possible mods for my new bike; if i come across a few friendly folks to ride with then that would certainly be a bonus.

Welcome to the club! Did you keep your Suzuki as well? I didn't realize that the bandit was air cooled. Just do a quick search of the "threads" here as there are a ton of mods to be done. Many are very inexpensive and give you better performance, and still others will drain your wallet. Either way it gets pretty addicting!

Welcome to the club! Did you keep your Suzuki as well? I didn't realize that the bandit was air cooled. Just do a quick search of the "threads" here as there are a ton of mods to be done. Many are very inexpensive and give you better performance, and still others will drain your wallet. Either way it gets pretty addicting!

yes... i still have my Bandit. i will shine her up and put her on CraigsList. I hate to see her go. i have a lot of good memories straddling that machine but i'm sure i will build new ones with my Fz1.

the older bandits (pre 2002) are air cooled/oil cooled gsxr1100 motors bored out. the damn thing is practically bomb proof. simple carb technology, mannual reserve, manual choke... simple stuff.

New member eastern canada

Hi all.
Great forum.
I'm a family/ emergency doc. Moved to the magdalen Islands in the gulf of St Lawrence river last year. Beautiful place, great beaches, very windy! Splitting time off between kitesurfing, bicycle and FZ1. New to motorcycling. Got a Dukati Monster 695 last year and enjoyed it a lot, but it was in the repair shop for the best 6 weeks of the summer... Had to agree with my wife who had suggested from the beginning to get a bike someone could repair on the islands.
Tried a few and bought my FZ1. Love it. I'm way overbiked but taking it slow... well, relatively slow! 2 negatives though I would like some feedback on. I hate the mirrors- any easy fix for a clumsy guy? The seats aren't great- I read customizing, sargent, gel seats... any suggestions? Thanks! Anyone come over, you have to get in touch... just show up at the emerg and ask for me- they'll find me!

Hi all.
Great forum.
I'm a family/ emergency doc. Moved to the magdalen Islands in the gulf of St Lawrence river last year. Beautiful place, great beaches, very windy! Splitting time off between kitesurfing, bicycle and FZ1. New to motorcycling. Got a Dukati Monster 695 last year and enjoyed it a lot, but it was in the repair shop for the best 6 weeks of the summer... Had to agree with my wife who had suggested from the beginning to get a bike someone could repair on the islands.
Tried a few and bought my FZ1. Love it. I'm way overbiked but taking it slow... well, relatively slow! 2 negatives though I would like some feedback on. I hate the mirrors- any easy fix for a clumsy guy? The seats aren't great- I read customizing, sargent, gel seats... any suggestions? Thanks! Anyone come over, you have to get in touch... just show up at the emerg and ask for me- they'll find me!

Welcome and congrats on you getting your FZ1. I know the mirrors are a pain but there is an easy fix. Here is the link to what you need to do.....
FuzzyOne's Stock Mirror Mod

Hi everyone,

I will hopefully be getting my low-miles 2003 FZ1 silver around May 8 (having it shipped across the country) and am very excited! I come from old Hondas and a 1987 Kawa EX500, so I am looking forward to this big beastie! I'll post a picture when I get a good one. My poor hubby is not thrilled, but he puts up with my idiosyncrasies (he's an old-Harley guy--even has the oak-leaf tattoo--but gave up riding a long time ago).

I do public affairs for a government chemical weapons destruction facility and love it. My background is marketing, training and public affairs.

I am looking very forward to learning more about this bike, and putting many miles on it on the awesome roads in this area.

Have a great day!

Susan :)

Thanks, guys! Here's a pic of what I will be getting in a couple weeks...

View attachment 6075

Wheee!!!!!!!!! :D

I look very forward to learning all kinds of things here. I need to get some good gear (it's been a while since I last rode), so I will be checking that section out.

Hi, I'm Andrew. Just returning to biking after 18 months out of action following a head on crash (my fault although wasn't ar*ing about) which totalled my 07 blade and nearly me and my wife also! Sold my SP2 to fund a car, but now most injuries are sorted I'm on the comeback trail. Sold the old SV1000 I had bought to see if riding with a knackered left arm (brachial plexus injury) could be a goer and now got an 09 FZ1 N. Only been out a couple of times so still getting used to it but defo think this will be a fun bike!!
Other past bikes include speed triple 955i, MT01, Shadow 1100, Warrior 1700, XV 535, blade and SP2 - bikes seem to be an addition.
Into most sports (spectator only now), bikes, cars etc etc. More boring, I work for a reinsurance broker - (should have really had some PA cover lol).
Bit of travel is fun too. Got a great, very understanding wife too:)
That's me I think :)
Cheers,
Andrew.

Hi all!

I have an '09 FZ1 (fast blue). It is a replacement to my Gen1 '01 FZ1 (first year, first baby... R.I.P. :( )

Drove all night Thanksgiving from Colorado Springs to Dallas, picked it up on "Black Friday", and got her back home that night. Had to work on the Sat...hence the quick trip.

It was brand new, and currently just ticked 500 miles (DMV issues, some other rant...some other time).

I love it, she is definitely a worthy replacement to the original!

The attached pic is when she was sitting at the dealership.

Hi all!

I have an '09 FZ1 (fast blue). It is a replacement to my Gen1 '01 FZ1 (first year, first baby... R.I.P. :( )

Drove all night Thanksgiving from Colorado Springs to Dallas, picked it up on "Black Friday", and got her back home that night. Had to work on the Sat...hence the quick trip.

It was brand new, and currently just ticked 500 miles (DMV issues, some other rant...some other time).

I love it, she is definitely a worthy replacement to the original!

The attached pic is when she was sitting at the dealership.

:welcome: another member from Colorado Springs.....wow

Once a cruiser kid, now an FZ1 man

Hey guys,
I am a professor that use to ride cruisers. I have made the jump to an FZ 1 and love it so far. I'm so new I can't even figure out the center kickstand yet. Being a professor does not mean I am smart, as is evident by the fact I forgot to turn the bike off after my first ride. Been 4 years since I been on a bike. I won't forget again.

The guy whomsold me the bike gave me A battery revitilizer. Using that now. I am here to learn and grow. Any help greatly appreciated.

Glad to be here

Last edited:
Hey guys,
I am a professor that use to ride cruisers. I have made the jump to an FZ 1 and love it so far. I'm so new I can't even figure out the center kickstand yet. Being a professor does not mean I am smart as is evident by the fact I forgot to turn the bike of on after my first ride. Been 4 years since I been on a bike. I won't forget again.

The guy whomsold me the bike gave me A battery revitilizer. Using that now. I am here to learn an grow. Any help greatly appreciated.

Glad to be here

Welcome!

Glad to have you along. The search feature is your friend, there is lots to see and read here.

Centerstand.jpg

Centerstand is a handy feature

Last edited:
Back