Scottyd's mod thread

Now to mount the Evotech exhaust hanger and the Akrapovic slip-on:
574755_3648828980507_1267940419_3654023_1338458133_n.jpg

534956_3648823540371_1267940419_3654021_830615626_n.jpg

557617_3648894302140_989734185_n.jpg

522085_3648993904630_1267940419_3654131_352863348_n.jpg

I then need to finish bleeding the brakes:
563181_3648902182337_1267940419_3654062_182357875_n.jpg

I was able to bleed them to get a good feel in the brake handle, but I'll need to fine tune it tomorrow.

I didn't take a pic but i did install the new centre stand stopper that came with the Akrapovic.

I'll also get some better pics tomorrow in the daylight of the bike.
I just have to go find that thread detailing brake bleeding, as someone in there mentioned tying up the brake handle to help get the air out...

Scotty! Great job on everything buddy! I love these threads. When I changed over to the HEL Lines I had the same issue. Tony lent me some advice and it worked out great. Just get an old towel and wrap it around the Master. Then pull the lever in and crack open the banjo bolt at the handlebar. Just be careful with all the fluid. When the lever hits the handlebar, tighten the banjo. Do this twice and all the air should be gone from there. Then bleed at the wheel as usual and you'll get a nice hard lever. Your doing great, keep it up!

Scotty! Great job on everything buddy! I love these threads. When I changed over to the HEL Lines I had the same issue. Tony lent me some advice and it worked out great. Just get an old towel and wrap it around the Master. Then pull the lever in and crack open the banjo bolt at the handlebar. Just be careful with all the fluid. When the lever hits the handlebar, tighten the banjo. Do this twice and all the air should be gone from there. Then bleed at the wheel as usual and you'll get a nice hard lever. Your doing great, keep it up!

Thanks Billy :D
Ah ok, I'll do that tomorrow then! That should give me a good hard brake feel then.
Yeah it was fun, seemed to take ages to do it all, I would get so far and then need a certain tool and have to go looking for it and then get side tracked...
I still have to lift the tank and put the K&N airfilter in, block off and remove the AIS with the plates, do the Lars air box mod, then stall untill the PC5 gets here and plug that in.
Then I can book in to have it tuned.

Thanks Billy :D
Ah ok, I'll do that tomorrow then! That should give me a good hard brake feel then.
Yeah it was fun, seemed to take ages to do it all, I would get so far and then need a certain tool and have to go looking for it and then get side tracked...
I still have to lift the tank and put the K&N airfilter in, block off and remove the AIS with the plates, do the Lars air box mod, then stall untill the PC5 gets here and plug that in.
Then I can book in to have it tuned.

Scotty if there's any remaining air (and there probably is) this method will definitely get rid of it. I've seen MC banjo bolts with bleeder screws on them for just this purpose.

And by the way doing all the mods at once like this is going to make it feel like a totally new bike the first time you go out for a ride :D

Excellent work Scotty! :Rockon: You're going to have to learn how to ride your "new" bike!

I had to do the banjo bolt bleed on both mine and Michele's HEL line installs then bleed the calipers. Make sure the reservoir stays full. If it sucks air, you have to start all over. ;)

Glad to see you back home!

Half way there Eric :D Well I still have to lift the tank... maybe later this afternoon after we get back...
Although yesterday was a full day, today the wife wants to get the kids out of the house, so we'll be out for a bit.
But I just rebled the front brake, W O W !!!!! no air in there now, what an awesome brake handle feel!!!
Oh and as it turns out I've bought the 16mm MC, not the 14mm, and it feels awesome! Cant wait to try it on the road. I'll video the first start up of the bike now that I've fitted the Akra.

Nice!!! You see how much higher the rear sits with the Penske? It took me a little bit to get used to but now I love the new stance. I will not be putting the forks back to stock height and leaving them at 6mm showing above the triples. The way she falls into the corner is effortless.

The only problem now is the forks. With the rear riding proper, it really pronounces the issues with the forks. Can't wait to get those sorted. I know the springs and oil aren't the final answer but it should show some improvement.

Looking awesome! Be very careful with those new brake parts. My first emergency braking was a nice little stoppie! :eek5: After that, I practiced a bit to get a better feel for them. :tup:

Back