Scottyd's mod thread

528682_3697039345736_1267940419_3674850_354572002_n.jpg

574544_3697048945976_1267940419_3674863_1378522632_n.jpg

Well I have installed the PC5, done the Lars air box mod, and blocked the AIS.
I have also replaced the fuel line with new EFI hose.
The wiring harness for the GIpro is in too.
Pics coming...

LOOKING GOOOODDDD........congrats!!!

So......

did you get a chance to do a short test ride?? What are your initial impressions?? I think if you've managed to buy the Velocity stacks you would have more mid torque....belive me they can do alot of differnce in the mid range, and when I say alot I mean 10 - 15 HP with a propper remap.

So are you taking the bike to the dyno on saturday??

LOOKING GOOOODDDD........congrats!!!

So......

did you get a chance to do a short test ride?? What are your initial impressions?? I think if you've managed to buy the Velocity stacks you would have more mid torque....belive me they can do alot of differnce in the mid range, and when I say alot I mean 10 - 15 HP with a propper remap.

So are you taking the bike to the dyno on saturday??

Thanks Cro! :D
Na no test ride yet, I was waiting for the power commander... I did have a test ride down the driveway to test the new front brakes though, they are impressive! :D

Yep it gets mapped on saturday :D
Hmmm hadn't thought about velocity stacks...

So saturday evening we might get the results?!?! I'm sure you won't be disappointed!!

About the velocity stacks, I know that another 140 $ / 240$ (Graves / Factory pro) seem's too much but I you are looking to raise up the the torque from 5000 rpm to 8000 rpm there is no better mod!!!
If by some miracle you will be dissapoined which I seriously doubt you can always add them in the near future, and after this mod you won't be needing any more power belive me....I have done this mod and I couldn't immagine my bike without it now.....

However looking forward to see your dyno chart....I reckon about 145 - 153 HP you'll get with this mods or maybe even more, who knows? with greater throttle response!!

Coming along nicely! Glad you found out about that kinked fuel line before the dyno run or we would have all been disappointed with the results...lol

I should replace my factory line with some high pressure fuel hose like you did since my tank is also off at the moment. I did inspect my fuel line and it's kink free, but knowing about this issue I am always very careful with it when lowering the gas tank.

Coming along nicely! Glad you found out about that kinked fuel line before the dyno run or we would have all been disappointed with the results...lol

I should replace my factory line with some high pressure fuel hose like you did since my tank is also off at the moment. I did inspect my fuel line and it's kink free, but knowing about this issue I am always very careful with it when lowering the gas tank.

Tony, remember that there is a sleeve over the actual line. Mine was as visible as Scotty's line with the sleeve. Michele's did not appear to be kinked much at all until I cut away the sleeve. I was replacing her line regardless but was curious since it didn't appear too bad from the outside. It's cheap and easy and will give you peace of mind. ;)

Scotty, there isn't a lot left, is there? The only major improvements you can do are velocity stacks and new headers (are you still on stock and is the CAT still in there?)

Oh, and forks. ;)

Great job!!! :Rockon:

Somebody's been a busy boy! Can't wait to see and read about how it's all come together.

Scotty, I take it you're in the area now?

Yep it's worth the effort Tony, I'm glad I changed it. The other thing is that I think it has only been kinked since the last service last month, as the tank has not been lifted before then.

Too true Billy, the Yamaha dealer was probably the ones that kinked the line, but how do you prove that??? and the bikes warranty ran out last month. Imagine the frustration on the dyno when it doesn't make the power it should and not knowing about the fuel line. I doubt I would think of the fuel line being kinked on the day.

Yes Eric the cat is still in the stock header and I have not thought of getting any new stacks at all. I might look at arrow headers at a later date though. I still have to install the GIpro into the instrument cluster :D

Hi Nolz, yep sorry I'm here :D I've been busy unpacking the house here and modding the bike.
The bike is booked in for the dyno tune sat 10:30 at Doin' Bikes Chipping Norton. Ballmead is coming along too.

Looking forward to seeing the Dyno results Scotty. Where are you getting it done? With all the rain we've had this week you might need a boat to get it there!!

Back