Scottyd's mod thread

So just a little longer and you are finished.......?!?! Man you are fast!!!

When you have the "appointment" with the Dyno??? we are all eagely awaiting your first impressions!!!!

When you have the "appointment" with the Dyno??? we are all eagely awaiting your first impressions!!!!

Na not that fast Cro :D
I still have to lift the tank and do the air box, remove AIS and plug in the PC5 when it turns up.

I can however say that the brake mod is very impressive!

Oh and yep as soon as I book the bike in for tuning I'll let you all know! :D

DITTO!

Scottyd- Any special reason you chose the Akrapovic exhaust? There seems to be so many different preferences... Yoshimura, Mivv, etc... I would like to upgrade my exhaust someday and have no clue which I would prefer. Good job on your bike!

Na not that fast Cro :D
I still have to lift the tank and do the air box, remove AIS and plug in the PC5 when it turns up.

I can however say that the brake mod is very impressive!

Oh and yep as soon as I book the bike in for tuning I'll let you all know! :D

After seeing how fast you are working I think maybe 1-2 hours and you will get it done!!! :D

Brakes: I know, I was really impressed after the new master cylinder and SS lines came up how the bike was braking, maybe you will need a couple of days to adjust to it, but as far as I'm concerned this mod is one of the most grateful, especially if you are riding all year around when the difference in temperature is 30 - 40 degrees celcius.

Do you have an approx date for the PC5????

DITTO!

Scottyd- Any special reason you chose the Akrapovic exhaust? There seems to be so many different preferences... Yoshimura, Mivv, etc... I would like to upgrade my exhaust someday and have no clue which I would prefer. Good job on your bike!
Yeah I didn't want it to be too loud and the Akra is fairly long. Plus I like the titanium look.

After seeing how fast you are working I think maybe 1-2 hours and you will get it done!!! :D

Brakes: I know, I was really impressed after the new master cylinder and SS lines came up how the bike was braking, maybe you will need a couple of days to adjust to it, but as far as I'm concerned this mod is one of the most grateful, especially if you are riding all year around when the difference in temperature is 30 - 40 degrees celcius.

Do you have an approx date for the PC5????

Maybe tomorrow? but probably monday or tuesday...

Yeah the brakes are very impressive and I haven't been out for a ride to test them apart from a quick driveway test or two...

Last edited:
Maybe tomorrow? but probably monday or tuesday...

Yeah the brakes are very impressive and I haven't been out for a ride to test them apart from a quick driveway test or two...

I'm going for a ride on Sunday through the Old Rd and onto Terrigal for lunch if you want to give your new parts a bit of a test run??

Leaving around 9:30-10 am, we should be back home by 2pm.

I'm going for a ride on Sunday through the Old Rd and onto Terrigal for lunch if you want to give your new parts a bit of a test run??

Leaving around 9:30-10 am, we should be back home by 2pm.

Ohhhh I'd love to, but the wife has booked us into a hotel in sydney on sunday... we're taking the kids to the zoo the next day... sorry. maybe next weekend.

D'Oh!

It's all good, I've been teeing Bluey up for a ride soon so maybe all 3 of us (and any other FZ1 Sydneysiders) can go.

Was thinking about Wisemans ferry to The Old Rd or maybe the Putty, Wollombi to The Old Rd loop?

Anyway it's off topic, so let the modding continue :)

The GIpro tuned up today:

523196_3690711227537_1267940419_3672567_995459864_n.jpg

The Power Commander 5 is due by the end of the week too.
It may get tuned on saturday, if I have the bike ready (should not be a problem), but the weather is a problem... it's pouring down here right now... so far the weekend forecast is clear :D

Just lifted the fuel tank! and hey for something different, I have a kinked fuel hose! Pics shortly...
I also rang my bike shop and they weren't even interested in suggesting an official fix... "we have never seen that problem before" was the reply... typical...
I am so thankfull I have all of you wonderful people to get solutions for these problems!!!
:worship:

I'm just waiting for the pics to upload...
Oh when those of you that did the fuel line mod, did you just use std hose clamps?

Back