What did you do to your FZ today?

I Like that seat a lot...and keep going back to the website...one of these days I will pull the trigger....

Anyway...got the handlebars tightened down and all the controls back on..the FDB Shorty levers on...and installed the Spiegler brake lines

All the stuff is cleared and buffed to get put back on this wknd!...I like it a lot!

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk

Yep thats what I was thinking! PS Another unexpected result, someone seems to have changed my shock when I switched seats. The Rear now no longer kick me in the butt on sharp bumps.

I installed my newly powder coated titanium yamaha bars, risers and triple tree

IMAG0711.jpg

The more I see powder coated triples..it makes me think I really need to do mine....just drill out the security bolts huh..then replace with regular and loctite

The more I see powder coated triples..it makes me think I really need to do mine....just drill out the security bolts huh..then replace with regular and loctite

Actually I just used a big drill bit to grind off the head of the bolts and then used Vice-Grips to remove the rest of it once I had removed the ignition switch. And yes some Allen head screws and blue Loctite afterward and you're good to go.

Yep thats what I was thinking! PS Another unexpected result, someone seems to have changed my shock when I switched seats. The Rear now no longer kick me in the butt on sharp bumps.

You can have an upholsterer either remove some of the foam and maybe reshape that to move it back or, just do it yourself, maybe even remove the TS foam from that backrest area and replace it with something that crushes easier but springs back when you get off the seat?

I ordered the LONG option which reduces the material used there and gives you a little bit more room. Then I lost 18 lbs and have even more room. ;)

(maybe my nads are shrinking too..... ???)

Although I like DIY I think I might get an upholsterer to do this one. Thanks for the tips. I am a bit overweight but not much 77kg at 171cm (34 waist 5'7" with a gut).

Drilled the head, and then used an easy out. Breaks the head right off and you can take the rest out with vice grips. I then bought new security bolts when it came time to reassemble.

Blacked out my peg mounts

Been thinking about it for a while and finally took them off and blacked them out.

005-3.jpg

Didn't know that we had brembo master cylinders till now

001-4.jpg

002-5.jpg

The FZ today

Removed cover.
Started engine.
Checked the tire pressures.
Went for about an hour ride.
Noticed a very wide grin on face.
Topped the fuel tank, cleaned off the bugs.
Plugged in the BT.
Gave her a 'goodnight' kiss on the snout
Turned out the lights.
:cheers:

Burned the whole tank of gas out, filled it back up and went home. Now that the gps is installed I noticed the speedo is 5 mph off from 60 on up to 90 or so (stock gearing).

Pic is in front of my Dads house. Stopped to check on things (he spends winter in Florida). Took the pic because his buddy down there just bought a Goldwing trike yesterday. He's a pretty good old guy so I had to send the pic to remind him children and old people need training wheels. :)

IMG-20120311-00694.jpg

Last edited:
I took a short ride yesterday with my 12 year old son on the back. My wife rode her Ninja 250r. She has the solo cowl because she doesn't feel comfortable with a passenger yet. Our 10 year old daughter was visiting the G-parents, so it was easier just ride with 3.

Today I thought I should give the daughter a ride, so while my wife helped her sister with her taxes, I fired up the FZ and took the daughter out for about an hour ride. I had to keep the rpm's under 6-8 (with very gentle throttle), but the kids just love it. We took a few gentle sweepers and leaned a bit. They love the lean :yes: If they ride, I figure they won't want a cruiser now :sinister:

My son was just eyeballing a 2009 Ninja ZX-6 (Monster edition)
kawasaki-ninja-zx6r-monster-energy_1.jpg
the other day. He liked the seating position. He's a very reserved kid, so we'll see if that goes anywhere in the next 4 years. I blame his mother for the Kawasaki love... :p

I should have filled the tank back up, but I forgot to take my wallet. I plugged her back into the battery tender and tucked her in for a few more days.

Last edited:
Back