What did you do to your Non-FZ1 motorcycle today.

Seems like I have a lot to post lately. I got an unused second hand triumph top case for $275. It included the mounting bracket and backrest pads. All together new is usually around $600.

It did not include the lock barrel. The lock barrels come with every new tiger whether you get the luggage or not and pre keyed to your ignition keys. I never received those locks when I bought my tiger. I got lucky today at a local triumph shop. They had a set of locks with keys that a customer ordered two years ago and never picked up. I was expecting them to charge $120. They only charged $54.

View attachment 20473

I've been looking out too for a set Triumph cases, but local forum reading some negative comments on the OEM cases. Now looking for Touratech or EvoTech. However I'd only be going for the side cases and get a soft sadllebag on the luggage rack

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been looking out too for a set Triumph cases, but local forum reading some negative comments on the OEM cases. Now looking for Touratech or EvoTech. However I'd only be going for the side cases and get a soft sadllebag on the luggage rack

Yeah, I saw really bad reviews of the side cases so I plan to avoid them. I love my Wolfman dry bag saddle bags. I don't think I will ever get hard side cases.

I'm happy with my Trax cases. They are one of the reasons I bought the Stelvio.

I do have a small Wolfman bag and tool roll coming for the tail rack.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Wolfman tail bag arrived and tool roll.

The AGV helmet is going back.

XV920R NOS photos tomorrow. Cool 33 YO bits. :)

uploadfromtaptalk1399002451636.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

More Off-Road Fun

Rode out in the Texas Hill Country for the Two Wheeled Texan's 1st Annual Stromathon (VStrom rally) in Llano Texas. I had never been to Llano and we were happy to find some fantastic roads out there thanks to Butler Maps. Met lots of fantastic people too.

My good buddy Glen has a Strom and I was more than happy to keep him company on the trip. My buddy David road my DRZ out there while I road the Tiger. On the way out we hit, 2222, Lime Creek, 1431, Park Road 4 and a few others I can't remember.We put 730 miles on both my DRZ & my Tiger.

Saturday morning we led a group of 6 on a 200 mile 60% off-road adventure. We hit deep sand, powder, heavy gravel, pea gravel, rocks and several river crossings. These are the only photos I have but I hope my buddy Glen posts up some of the ones he took with his nice camera and video of the water crossings so that I can share them with you.

I did a very short trail ride today. The soil is bone dry and had turned to 5" of sand/talk. The dirt here is clay.

She took one nap in 10" sand. If this is off road riding in the summer here I need to find different trails. It is simply too technical. If it rains and packs down, I'm good to go.

This video is the "novice" trail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGSvQj9bRlQ&feature=youtu.be

You turned off the video right when it was about to get interesting! lol

Brad, that looks like a lot of fun. Hell, just the green vegetation and blue sky looks great! I am getting closer, another two weeks of Physio and I'll be posting pictures of my own. Ride on Brother!!

Sand

Sand has been the one thing most difficult to get used to. I expect that is true for most people. Some of the folks I have met have been riding off-road far longer than I and they still hate it.

On this past Saturday we had lots of sand. You often hit sand before you know it is there and have that butt pucker moment where instinct takes over and you stiffen up and slow down. Both of which make it worse.

By the end of the day I had the hang of it and was flying down roads with 6" - 8" of sand at 35 - 45mph without any butt pucker. All I did was get my ass back in the seat and extend my arms a bit and the front start just floating over everything. It is actually quite graceful and peaceful.

Next to work on is actually making the bike turn in the sand. lol My butt just puckered thinking about it.

Back