Would I be crazy....

I'm really looking forward to some more posts on your new beast :) It's nice to spend some quality time with a bike, cleaning all the nooks and crannies. I find it very therapeutic

The end of one adventure but the start of another

Congrats Brad! I hope you have it soon so we can read all about your thoughts and opinions on the new ride. Sorry to see the FZ1 go but I can understand.... I always have the itch but with this FZ1, I just find it hard to replace! I think I just need to *add* more bikes!

Great ride with great key mods in place. Well done!

Congrats on the VFR Brad!

A 1986 VFR750 was the bike that got me into motorcycles...not I didn't own it or ride it. I was too young, but my cousin had one, which he still owns, and I used to love going for a ride with him back in the day. Sounded great, especially with the Kerker exhaust he had on it, but wasn't very fast. When I eventually got my 1988 FZR1000 I used to smoke him with w/o even downshifting ;)

I'm F'n prompt as usual. :doh2:

To tell ya a bit about the group over at VFRD...a few years ago Miguel was on his way to a memorial ride for a fallen member of the forum and had a run in with a car in Tennessee. A whole bunch of the forum members pooled donations together for months to buy Miguel a VFR1200 as a thank you for making such a great site.

I'm F'n prompt as usual. :doh2:

To tell ya a bit about the group over at VFRD...a few years ago Miguel was on his way to a memorial ride for a fallen member of the forum and had a run in with a car in Tennessee. A whole bunch of the forum members pooled donations together for months to buy Miguel a VFR1200 as a thank you for making such a great site.

Now that is an appreciative group!

good luck brad i love the linked brakes and the v4 on my st1300 even though shes over 700 pounds she still handles great and eats miles up im sure you will be happy

I've owned a Triumph Sprint, VFR, and now multiple FZ1's. I think the FZ1 is the best by far, but that is just my opinion. Rider height, weight, riding styles, and taste varies and make up what each of will like the best. I think the FZ1 is the best in this class. If I decide were going to switch my FZ1 out for another bike in this class it would be for the new VFR 1200. One of the comments I read was that the VFR felt bigger. I had a FZ1 and VFR at the same time so rode them back to back often to get different perspectives and the VFR felt smaller. Best wishes with your new bike.

In preparation my upcoming new ride I have ordered a T-rex single sided paddock stand and a Zero Gravity Sport ztouring Screen. I really don't like the looks of the double bubble on the VFR.

13133d1360108512-would-i-crazy-black1arm2.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VJJYwHv1Tc"]T-Rex single one arm stand for Ducati Triumph BMW Honda - YouTube[/ame]

If it does I will be ripping it off!
The few blokes on VFR800s I know ride hard ,they don`t seem to have a problem with their centre stands,handy for changing front tyre also_One of them did a rear tyre on a 2 day ride, the centre stand was a great help when repairing rear tyre in a small town

I love me a centre stand! Can't have a bike without one

I went so far as to order an OEM centre stand for my 919 as they didn't come with one from the factory in North America

Last edited:
Back