Yamaha Sport Scoops

Good news/bad news

Bad news - JLewis02 had them boxed yesterday to send to me (good news). His bike fell over on the box and crushed the scoops. Most of all I feel like crap in that he took them off to send to me. Had they not been off the bike they would not have been crushed. So we are back at square one.

GOOD news - I have a total of 11 guys including myself that say they are interested in chipping in to get a set so we can use them as molds. I just called the yamaha shop here in town. $372.00 in my hands. So for 11 guys it would be $33.80 each.

Let me know if you are still interested.

Once we make the molds we can sell the original set or something. Anyone that contributes gets discount on new set.

Do not have price on set yet. One nice thing about ours is that if you break one or scratch one you can get a single replacement vs having to buy a whole pair.

Can he still send them and you could glue, jb weld, or glass them from the inside just enough to create a mold? Send them to me! I'll try the jigsaw puzzle! :D

He did not seem to want to do that. Not sure if the trash has already been picked up. I could have put them back together enough to get them done. I think he was pretty bummed about it.

I did find out I can get a set for $350 vs. $375. So somewhat of a discount. It is a one time thing. I may order in next week or so. Can get them in 3-4 days.

Im in to get a set to make molds.
I trashed them at work after trying to glass them.The parts were just too small and I was pissed that the bike fell over.

The bike that fell over is a kz1300 one big heavy bike.

I'll speak to the "boss" about it but for the $38 - $40, I think I can get in on this, hoping the final glass product isn't too much cash anyway. ;) She's reluctant after I just odered that seat and I've still not told her I have to ship out the stock seats to France. :eek: :D

I'll speak to the \"boss\" about it but for the $38 - $40, I think I can get in on this, hoping the final glass product isn't too much cash anyway. ;) She's reluctant after I just odered that seat and I've still not told her I have to ship out the stock seats to France. :eek: :D

Well when you get the seat you can "pretend" that you're surprised that you have to return it since you didn't have to return your stock FZ6 one. This way she wont be too upset about the extra money you'll spend to ship it back.

I'm not going to tell her, just do it... put it on a CC and then when the statement comes in and she questions it..... "Oh yeah! I forgot to tell ya Honey..." ;) Easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

Hey guys. Sorry for the delay in getting a set and making more sets. Have been remodeling kitchen, studying for state fire safety certification (passed test on thurs.), taking care of 2 - 92 yr olds and one 74 yr old, spending time with family, work, new business, new website.

Hope to have good news in a week or two.

Hey guys. Sorry for the delay in getting a set and making more sets. Have been remodeling kitchen, studying for state fire safety certification (passed test on thurs.), taking care of 2 - 92 yr olds and one 74 yr old, spending time with family, work, new business, new website.

Hope to have good news in a week or two.

Hey there.

If you've already got it molded, just let me know how much for a set. :D
But I live way off on the other side of the globe, so I'll have to arrange and pay for shipping too.

Thanks for the efforts man.

I just don't get these prices!?? They think they have gold for Pete's sake. It's a friggin piece of plastic that weighs next to nothing and that breaks so easy in a drop or tip over. All aftermarket motorcycle parts are way over priced in my opinion. Cans, plastics, rear sets, levers, etc. I mean, come on, you can buy a new set of Bridgestones shipped to your door for $239.00 dollars, yet a piece of painted plastic costs over $300.00 dollars. It's all a rip off!

I am with you Billy. There are $20 children's toys that are far more complex.

Back