Arrow headers

Hey Scotty if you want to retain your center stand, and who wouldn't, you could use the Akrapovic Center Stand Stopper. This is a part that is completely seperate to the exhaust and simply bolts to the frame to stop the stand rising too high.

attachment.php

This is will keep the center stand clear of the rear shock linkages and the drive chain. Whether it would keep it clear of the Arrow headers is something you would have to measure (it works for the Akrapovic slip on with stock headers of course). Worth a try if Arrow doesn't have a provision for the center stand.

And just a thought, maybe Ballmead has one spare seeing as he doesn't have a center stand but has an Akrapovic pipe?

Hey wow, thanks for that Bluey!
When I finally fit it all I'll check it out!
I'm over in the middle east on deployment right now... (not on the front line though) and I'll be home in april. So thats when the bike is going to get a major upgrade. I'm planning on getting a Penske 8983 rear shock too.

Hey wow, thanks for that Bluey!
When I finally fit it all I'll check it out!
I'm over in the middle east on deployment right now... (not on the front line though) and I'll be home in april. So thats when the bike is going to get a major upgrade. I'm planning on getting a Penske 8983 rear shock too.

Update guys.
To clear scottyd doubts about the main stand with the headers.
Am using a Leo Vince Factory Evo II.
With the Akraprovic centre stand stopper, the main stand are still touching the mid pipe section. A little disappointing but nothing some L brackets and cable ties can't slove!:shine::shine::shine:

380783_10150449392921536_707586535_8994586_946143452_n.jpg

This may only apply to ppl with have the evoII slip on. Other models/brands might have a chance for a perfect fit. :)

Oh and ya, the headers are really a piece of art.
:thewave:
Cheers!!

396054_10150449386866536_707586535_8994570_285737048_n.jpg

Sux about the clearance issues on the FZ1S.
No such problem on my FZ1N as I don't have a centre stand.

They are a pure work of art, that's for sure.

I agree, I fitted Arrow headers a few months back - you can see them in the September BOTM pics - beautiful - and although un-dyno'd as yet, I am really very impressed by the result. I am a Sales Manager for a Yamaha bike dealer here in the UK, so I am not easily impressed with 'the latest' modification.... but these are supreb.

any one tell me the diameter of the link pipe on the yoshimura and arrow pipes ,just got a set of r1 akrapovic conical titanium pipes and need to make a new link pipe for them.......Thanks

any one tell me the diameter of the link pipe on the yoshimura and arrow pipes ,just got a set of r1 akrapovic conical titanium pipes and need to make a new link pipe for them.......Thanks

As far as I know the Yoshimura is your standard 2" pipe on the muffler side. Not sure about the other end where it connects to the headers.

I ordered my arrow headers today . Curieus about the result already :) . After fitting the headers the bike goes on the bench for tuning. I will post some pics of the result .

grtz Marc
belgium

If you had to choose which would you go with, arrow or holeshot?

I went with the Arrow for a few reasons.
price Arrow $460 Holeshot $649 !

I also like the look of the Arrow being slip fit with springs.

Some may prefer the all welded look of the Holeshot.

Slip fit is also nice if you damage it you can replace just the damaged tubes.Welded header your stuck buying a whole new header.

Last edited:
Well the Holeshot is practically a work of art .

Art is a very personal thing ( beauty is in the eye of the beholder )

I much prefer the look of a slip fit with springs. Reminds me of a race bike.

That Holeshot does look very clean with top notch craftsmanship its just not my cup of tea.

Last edited:
ballmead, I'm going to start sending my credit card bills to you if you keep this up!

Great gains, great info, great pics! Thanks :)

Yall are gonna make me blush....

Maybe yall can help me...we keep getting asked if the center stand will fit with these Arrow headers. When we installed headers on our converted N model, we had already removed the center stand. It looks like it would fit, just wondering if someone had confirmed this..

Works fine with my GTYR slip on. The only issue I had was the 02 sensor clearance with the center stand bracket. I had to remove the bracket and cut the piece off that the stock header bolts to. Removed most of the cylinder shaped section that has a rubber center that retains the nut. 5 minutes with a hacksaw.:smoking:
This is only if you keep the O2 sensor. Most seem to ditch the 02 sensor when running a power commander.

Last edited:
Back