Missy's rebuild thread!

Welp, since this battle with the insurance company could take awhile, I set about attempting to get it rideable today. I removed the frame sliders and put the engine bolts back, realigned and tightened up the brake lever, even though it's slightly bent it's usable. Removed the passenger bracket on the left and removed the peg in the right, until I can get an exhaust hangar. Removed and painted the radiator guards, I'll post pics when they dry, they look good. Painted the bar ends that got banged up. I removed the front fairing to have a look inside, and was a little disappointed. While I can make the inner fairing and the cowling work for riding, I found all three brackets that hold the headlight assembly on the right side broken. Can't ride like that! So next payday I'll be purchasing a new assembly, looks like once again part shark is the cheapest at 143.00. Once I get that done it's road worthy!

Is this the bracket that you need? Cant beat the price if it is...

06 07 08 09 10 FZ1 Upper Fairing Gauge Stay Bracket | eBay

I wish! That's a good price, but that bracket is fine, it's the head light assembly that's broken. Thanks A LOT for giving me a heads up about that one though!

Good luck with everything Missy.
Sux that the insurance Co. is messing with you.
That's how these bastards operate, they will try anything possible not to pay and when they have to pay they pay sweet FA.

Well one thing I'm glad about is that when they sent me the reimbursement for my helmet, I didn't cash it. That would have been excepting the terms of their settlement. So I'm hangin on to that until this is all settled to my satisfaction. I'll be a thorn in their side until they do the right thing.

Well one thing I'm glad about is that when they sent me the reimbursement for my helmet, I didn't cash it. That would have been excepting the terms of their settlement. So I'm hangin on to that until this is all settled to my satisfaction. I'll be a thorn in their side until they do the right thing.

You go girl!!!!! Absolutely the right attitude.

Well for the time being (until you get things resolved with the insurance) you can probably repair the headlight mounting tabs with some epoxy to make it road worthy again.

Nice work with the fixing up broken peices. Keepem rolling and don't get discouraged with the insurance company. If they give you trouble just remember what goes around comes around. You might find something good out of the whole experience :D

Woo HOO! Headlight assembly is on it's way! Hopefully I'll be on the road again by Sunday! I hope so..I'm having serious withdrawals. Pics to follow!!!

Oh I am..but surprise surprise I always get the voicemail. I
Told them, I'm already repairing it, so rest assured I'll not settle for what your trying to sell me!

Update for those interested, FINALLY heard from the insurance after leaving a rather scathing email. :) They have asked for my own estimate of what it would take to make repairs. They are ready to play ball finally!!!

Update for those interested, FINALLY heard from the insurance after leaving a rather scathing email. :) They have asked for my own estimate of what it would take to make repairs. They are ready to play ball finally!!!

just like i told you, the squeaky wheel gets the oil! get what you're owed and don't settle with those bastards! they are used to people settling and not putting up a fight, so when you do, you can really get their attention. also, glad you're almost up and running again!

I agree... if they were willing to total the bike and cut you a check for that much, then $1 less than what it takes to total the bike is still less. Make sure you add your own labor and cost the parts at "dealer retail" but keep it inside of the "totaled bike amount" and buy some awesome mods!!!

Back