PapaGeno21's Build Thread...

Alright got the belly pan in today.

I have painted the grills gold. Here you can see the silver one, then the other the camera doesent do a good job but its gold.

Will be installed tomorrow with pics to follow!

DSCF6618.jpg

DSCF6613.jpg

The popcorn thing went over my head lol I dont get it.

I went to autozone and got the car touch up paints that have the little brush in there, so im using Ford Gold and it looks perfect, and tomorrow mornign ill use the clear coat one I bought. I realized I couldnt spray it with a can without making a complete mess of everything, and this is very easy and is working amazing.

The popcorn thing went over my head lol I dont get it.

I went to autozone and got the car touch up paints that have the little brush in there, so im using Ford Gold and it looks perfect, and tomorrow mornign ill use the clear coat one I bought. I realized I couldnt spray it with a can without making a complete mess of everything, and this is very easy and is working amazing.

The popcorn thing means I am kicking back and watching your build, kinda forum lingo..LOL

Ok I have to take pics tomorrow when I get home from work of this as the night time made it hard to get good pics. The grills are gold, but look silver due to flash.

I like the way it looks. I dont think you can get any better for 70 bucks. I may still get an OEM one, but that wont be for a long time as its 400 bucks and to be honest the difference from that and this is the Power Commander I will be getting over the winter.

DSCF6636.jpg

DSCF6635.jpg

DSCF6632.jpg

DSCF6619.jpg

Looking great, Geno! I don't think you need the OEM one to replace it. The gold paint and the lettering make it look 'sick':cheers:. Now you can blend right in with your riding buddies on their fully faired bikes.

Looking great, Geno! I don't think you need the OEM one to replace it. The gold paint and the lettering make it look 'sick':cheers:. Now you can blend right in with your riding buddies on their fully faired bikes.

:ditto:

Damn kid ... couldn't agree more with FZ1NC... The gold grill and YAMAHA lettering look suh-weet... stick a fork in it and call that mod done! ;)

Thanks guys!

I will be taking pics tomorrow in the daylight as long as it doesent rain.

The only other things that will be cosmetic will be the Top saddelry seat which will have some gold stitching, and then the Watsens and the Copperdawg Screen. Those will be done mid winter though so basically after tomrorow there wont be many more updates for a few months as I gotta build up the cash again lol.

Looks Great! Now all you need is CopperDawg's FUZA rear seat cowl to balance out the bike's plastics, and of course the Speedscreen. Ch-Ching... $600 bucks. :sinister:

I honestly am not sure yet if I like it or not lol. If I dont end up liking it, thats fine as it was so cheap it doesent bother me, but I dont know yet. Gotta sit and stare at the bike in the sunlight lol.

Wish I could bro, but todays a high of 47. Wayyyy too cold for me!

60 and down and im done. However 2 days next week are supposed to be 69 and sunny, so thats like a freebee this time of year!

Back